Clubplanet Nightlife Community

scary stuff about energy drinks

k guys, just from studying about the shite in those drinks, i wouldn't recommend drinking more than lets say about two. this is why you shouldn't drink them with alcohol, because alcohol dehydrates you, and the energy drinks elevate your heart rate leading to high bp, they can also cause sweating, seizures, hyperactivity, and possibly a high fever given the fact that they overwork everything in your body, so you mix that with alcohol and let's just say you're doubly dehydrated, just wanted to watch out for you guys that's all, just be careful.... cwm29.gif

------------------

"Well you think i'd leave ya lonely... you know me better than that... if you'd think i'd leave you down when your down on your knees... well i wouldnt do that.. you're so much better than you know..."

I've also heard those energy drinks are dangerous, but let's all be honest with ourselves (and our lifestyles)... Are energy drinks what we really need to worry about?? I say drink your red bulls and vodka's and continue to dance your ass off...

------------------

AIM: slimchezdy

I'm outta place

I'm in outer space

I've just vanished without a trace

I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow

I'll be back in an hour or so -- Eminem

Originally posted by divalicious:

I saw a report on them on the news last night. IF you have high blood pressure, a heart condition, or are on certain medications, you shouldn't drink these things. And for those of us who are healthy, they recommend not drinking very many of them. I think the nutritionist they were interviewing said around 3 max.

i saw this too i actually watch teh fox 10 o'clock news just to see it .. they didnt say anything realllly tereble .. just that dont over drink it and that mixing it with booze may lead to you over drinking it ... some kid in ireland dies after drinking 3 of them they didnt say red bull specifically tho .. red bull responded that they had nothing to do with the kid dieing ...

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

Originally posted by divalicious:

I saw a report on them on the news last night. IF you have high blood pressure, a heart condition, or are on certain medications, you shouldn't drink these things. And for those of us who are healthy, they recommend not drinking very many of them. I think the nutritionist they were interviewing said around 3 max.

Def. true, i have been hypertensive my whole life and when i drink rb(like last night) my blood pressure goes through the roof. didnt ever take my pressure after drinking it till today. No choice but to stop or drink very little.

------------------

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.pharaoh1.com/images/pharaoh.gif" TARGET=_blank&gt;http://www.pharaoh1.com/images/pharaoh.gif</A>

i think you just need to use your sense with stuff like this, but i'll dare bet there are people out there that knock back some pills, a couple of red bulls w/ vodka, do a couple of bumps of whatever and throw in some stackers for good measure!!! scary stuff!

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny!!!

I saw the report on Fox 5, and they said that some places were charging $11 for a CAN, with NOTHING else mixed in. haahaa... Can someone tell me where this is so i know to AVOID this CRAZY place... haahaa

cwm12.gifcwm12.gif

------------------

The Wheels on the BUS go Round and Round...

Originally posted by party2go:

I saw the report on Fox 5, and they said that some places were charging $11 for a CAN, with NOTHING else mixed in. haahaa... Can someone tell me where this is so i know to AVOID this CRAZY place... haahaa

cwm12.gifcwm12.gif

Damn I thought twilo was bad! plus the cans only have like 6 or 7 ounces anyway

this was on extra too....they did a report on energy drinks, apparently they have a warning label on the side (which i've never noticed but will look out for next time) and they're saying that for one thing we shouldn't be mixing this stuff with booze (though i was only listening w/ 1/2 an ear so does anyone know why?)....and also that if you're a person with a pre-existing condition, such as high blood pressure, you really shouldn't be doing it b/c it elevates your bp....wish i'd paid more attention. does anyone know about this??? i know ephedrine based products aren't the healthiest of substances to put in one's body but i figure if you don't abuse the stuff to death......i mean there's always going to be something that's bad for you isn't there?

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny!!!

i heard that stupid shit this morning.. it false i bet..Any way the johnnys take so many supplements that if some one tells them watermelon seeds get you cut up the johnnys will go crazy for them... I personaly dont like muscle johnny. THERE TO COOL FOR ME...... cwm23.gif Za car ay Zod am ran Oh doe Sic lay Kee ah

from the Red Bull can:

RED BULL Energy Drink

* Improves performance, especially during times

of increased stress or strain * Increases endurance

* Improves concentration and increases reaction speed * Stimulates the metabolism and helps to

eliminate waste substances from the body.

Red Bull's effects have been recognized by world

class athletes, busy professionals, active students

and long-distance drivers around the world.

Not recommended for children and persons sensitive to caffeine.

###########################

Nothing about alcohol mixing there. cwm4.gif ----> cwm32.gif

------------------

Bilk, Robb, Pilfer, & Steele

Invesment Banking for The New Millennium

New York, NY 10022

[This message has been edited by ichi_gami (edited 11-29-2000).]

------------------

icon9.giflove.gifbiggrin.gif

Peace Love Happiness y'all

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com