Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How is DAVE SEAMAN as a DJ?

Reason asking is cause hes playing CIELO in april and curious bout what some people have to say about his style.

Dave Seaman is an old school progressive DJ. He's been around a long time. Mostly he's known for his Back to Mine & GU releases. I believe he also is responisible for Infusion. He did an essential mix about 6 months ago that I thought was quite good. I've never caught him live or heard very many of his sets but I would like to check this out if possible.

When is the date Gabe?

Reason asking is cause hes playing CIELO in april and curious bout what some people have to say about his style.

Gabe, you'll LOVE HIM. He's a mellow style between DT, DH, and sometimes alittle PVD style thrown in, he's a great mix of it all.

at his best he can be really really excellent.

he plays progressive house but always remembers his break beats & also has a fine ear for melody.

his last nyc set at avalon about 9 months ago was very good, as were his twilo sets several years ago.

his essential mix from last fall was REALLY good, very future house- funky progressive- if he plays like that it will blow minds.

whats the cielo date? Im down for that!!

gabe, plays great progressive trance /house. back to mine is great. uses vocals real well. tristan and i are going. i believe its 4/10 at sullivan. a sunday. see ya there. john. :shades2:

dave is half of brothers in rhythm, and was an early member of the dmc.

he's a decent dj imo, plays some great music but can be a bit too proggy for my personal tastes (never stopped me going to see him though).

he did a great mix cd for renaissance, think it was renaissance worldwide: london (along with robert miles, whose cd was crap).

yeah deepspell boring is an understatment. just a drab 74 mins of music.

miles makes downtempo music these days, and even that aint the best. chilren was amazing, but its just been played so much every copy needs buried for ten years for me not to grit my teeth when i hear it out. an unimaginative choice for a dj to make, although mabey it didnt do as much damage over there as it did in europe......

hmmmmmmm, half the people who know me say i will like it while the some say i wont, decisions decisions.

u wont know if u really like his style till you go gabe....just check it out....u cant really decide how good a DJ is till u see him/her live....CDs are only a part of it :afro:

Dave Seaman is an old school progressive DJ. He's been around a long time. Mostly he's known for his Back to Mine & GU releases. I believe he also is responisible for Infusion. He did an essential mix about 6 months ago that I thought was quite good. I've never caught him live or heard very many of his sets but I would like to check this out if possible.

When is the date Gabe?

his renissance album is the shit too

Gabe - you should definitely go!! It'll be fun and trust me, you'll be dancing. Although I've never seen you otherwise...

Sunday, April 10th @ CIELO

Renaissance presents

Dave Seaman & Luke Chable

This party is for his Renaissance presents Dave Seaman & Luke Chable - The Therapy Sessions Volume 2.

This is also Luke Chable's US debut! He hails from Melbourne, Australia and is a well-known producer whose tracks you've most definitely heard from Sasha, Sander, Pete Tong etc. He is also responsible for Lo-Step 'Burma' on Sasha's 'Involver' album. As well as numerous tracks on Yoshitoshi, Bedrock and Positiva. He's definitely one to watch!

On a side note: in early 2004 Sasha delivered a 30-minute radio mix that was almost entirely comprised of Chable remix and productions, verbally justifying his tracklist by way of a compliment to the quality of Luke’s recent work. I haven't heard this but I'm sure its floating around somewhere...

So, save the date!