Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cold Remedies

-drink lots of water.

-take zinc.

-drink orange juice.

-eat right (veggies, etc)

-exercise lightly (ur most suseptible to getting sick right after a workout when ur immune system is lowered).

-now i dont know if this is true, but my mom always told me to eat garlic w/my meals b/c it helps build ur immune sys.

i've noticed that ever since i started to seriously work out i haven't really gotten sick in the past three years. i guess somehow your immune system is effected or made stronger, but im not gonna complain.

besides that just pop a multivitamin in the morning to make sure you get your vit c which is major, and also it's not a bad idea to take echinechea (sp??) i heard, my roomie used to swear by it, although i don't take it and have been fine.

Try Airborn Cold remedy (sold in all drugstores). They're tablets you drop in water & drink 2-3times a day.

I used this when I just started feeling the sore throat coming on & it really worked. I was skeptical about it, but I always keep some on hand. I think it's the Effervescent in it that takes away your symptoms.

I feel like I'm starting to get sick...my throat's just a little sore and scratchy, and I'm starting to get a fever...does anyone have any quick cold or sore throat remedies to prevent this from becoming a full-blown cold? I can't miss any more work lol

eat one whole lemon, or one very very very big orange.

or take vitamin c (w/o exceeding 2k mg a day)

those are my two ways to ward it off, but i dont think theyve ever come up with a cure for the common cold because there are so many dif. strands of it that its impossible to... or so ive been told...

If you've already got a nasty scratchy throat cough, try that Buckley's cough syrup, it's the most odd cough syrup I've ever tried but it works. Tastes like you are drinking gasoline when taking it down, but as soon as you swallow it, it like numbs your whole throat. Very hard to describe the sensation of taking it.

• 4 weeks later...