Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha and John Digweed at crobar 4/1

Friday, April 1, 2005

Main Room: Sasha and Digweed

Reed Room: Aaron James

Prop Room: Todd Mallis

DJ SASHA reunites with his legendary partner JOHN DIGWEED in a historic night at crobar!

DJ Sasha, one of the most well-known and respected DJ’s in the world, reunites with his legendary partner DJ John Digweed at crobar April 1 2005 at Sasha's new party FUNDACIÓN, taking place the first Friday of every month in 2005 at crobar. The famed DJ duo will deliver their legendary sets on a new custom-built controller allowing him to remix and produce live in front of his fans. Sampling and looping is taken to another level while fusing elements from multiple songs all at once. Sasha and Digweed take elements from across the spectrum of electronic dance, trance, breaks, progressive and deep house to create a hypnotic liquid groove unlike anything else in the world. Aaron James mixes it up with rock n’ roll, hip-hop, and house in the Reed Room Todd Mallis holds down the Prop Room with hip hop, rock, classics. Custom Fundacion visuals and screen designs provided by OVT Visuals.

RENAISSANCE - The Mix Collection / Sasha and John Digweed (Available in Stores Everywhere)

$40 Advance / $50 Door

For Advance Tickets Please Visit www.crobar.com

530 West 28th Street NY, NY 10001

040105.jpg

Letting you all know now that interest in this event is already huge and tickets are flying.

Make sure you get here early and I highly reccomend getting tix in advance. I'll be outside that night to help keep the flow of advance ticket holders moving in as fast as we can process them.

It's going to be a sick night, I promise you that.

This party is 21 and over. I don't know at the moment what the set times are but I will post that info when I have it. Despite that, let me stress again that getting here early is a good idea, I know most CP folks like to stake out a good dance spot and those are gonna be long gone if you show up right before Sasha and Digweed take the turntables.

.... Sasha and Digweed take the turntables.

you mean laptops?

well, I'd like to check them out and re-live the Twilo nights, but I guess I am getting old.... can't tolerate huge crowds like I used to.

just hope they dont drop the damned napkins again...

LOL! I think it looks kinda cool IMO, but yeah it does get annoying after a while.

Eric-- count me in! I decided there's noooo way I can pass this up. :gang: I'll call you later to figure out the details.

last time i saw them both was ultra in 2003 and i was not impressed at all, however i find it very tough for a dj to pull off a set during daytime with bright sunlight out, just wasnt feeling right.

Some of the best sets I've ever heard have been during the day...

mmm... Ibiza.

i may go and give them both another chance. I saw them both once at The World a few years ago and was NOT impressed at all. But i'll def check it out if I can.

That was a great night!! what didn't you like about it?

Some of the best sets I've ever heard have been during the day...

mmm... Ibiza.

That was a great night!! what didn't you like about it?

I've heard them a couple of times at Twilo and I think they are too slow, boring and montonous, but that's just me

I think I just started a CP war, LOL