Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who has been to webster hall?

I haven't been there either but my friend used to go there a lot last year and he claimed it was really good.....he is British so I recollect that there is a substantial number of Euros there(that's a good thing).....speaking of this, I went to put one of my Webster Hall CDs into my computer for the first time yesterday and they had a 10 minute movie of footage inside the club.....it looked banging!! It also looked very big inside......I want to hit is soon also......

Mikey

------------------

"If there are two of us, I will gladly bite it in half....."

Originally posted by missile:

Honestly how is webster hall is it worth going to. I was thinking about going there soon! Thanks cwm7.gif

And who do you plan on going there with??????/

cwm27.gif

------------------

It takes a minute to like someone, an hour to get to know someone, a month to love someone, but it takes a life time to get over someone.

Kat7135672@aol.com

buttrfly.gif

I think it's the worst club I've been to in the city. It's ok to check it out though. See how it fits on you, everyone has their opinions. Like everyone else said the crowd vibe really sucks. It just seemed like a waste of good club space....

Karch

------------------

Did you find your ecstacy???

E-mail: PrimeKMB2@aol.com

been there once. had a good time, even tho i was not feeling the crowd at all.

up's

1.) the place itself is really cool. old places with trippy lighing, can proce to be fun.

and...now that thats done.

here are the:

Down's

1.)System sucks.

2.)Crowd is more of the mid twenty's to late twenty's drinking type. Despite the 19+age limit

3.) Music is WAY too commercial.

4.)$35 bucks when i went! Sorry, but id rather pay $25-30 and go somewhere that i enjoy.

5.)SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST!...................THEY CLOSE AT 4AM....that is whack....in my opinion.

-Al

------------------

"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

"Sometimes there is so much beauty in the world i feel i can't take it. and i feel like my heart is gonna cave in" -American Beauty

K and Erm...there is only one thing to say that will express my feelings about you guys......HAAAAAABUUUURRRBB

No Pleasure, No Rapture, No Exquisite Sin Greater....Than Central Air. - Dogma

"I can walk in straight lines, within my own crooked world" -a drunken Aramis Ponte

tw.jpg

After old Limelight closed..set up shop at Webster from 94' thru 97'..was slammin..went down hill from there full of ugly losers..and dirty women..still go back occasionally when don't feel like coughing up 25-35 bucks..(BTW..I have the lifetime membership card from way back in 94'..they were giving them away..you can get one now if you attend their New Year's eve party..)...try it.your opinion is the one that counts..

------------------

What da.....

I used to go there in the early 90's. While I haven't been back for a while, I doubt much has changed. Webster Hall is a place for tourists who don't go clubbing and want to have the "real NYC club experience" that they've been hearing about on the E! channel. The only reason these people are there is because the travel brochure they picked up at their hotel had the address.

------------------

translucent_binary.gif

I used to think Webster Hall was the shiznat! But that was when I thought clubbing consisted of meeting a lot of tourist ppl, listening to 80's music (dancing like crazy to Prince cwm27.gif ), and dodging the occasionally weirdo that followed you all around the club all night... cwm32.gif

But now I have out grown that stage and go to clubs purely for the music and ppl smile.gif.

~*Jam*~

------------------

Email: ynicholas@aol.com

AIM: ynicholas

I actually think that the new party at Webster is gonna be the bomb...

The best team of promoters assembled in the city right now is throwing the party, headed by alex and leo, who, if you remember back a few years, blew up soundfactory and tunnel...

The club itself isn't bad, true the crowd needs to get a little better and that will happen soon, but the mainfloor is phat and the lights are possibly the best in the city...

Also, Brutal Bill is an awesome DJ, you guys should really check him out... don't sleep on this party, I think a lot of peeps are gonna change their minds a few months down the road ...

Also, I'm not even djing there, so there is no reason for me to falsely pump this party, it's just my honest opinion smile.gif

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

Thurs Nov. 30nd - Plush, LI

Fri Dec. 1st - Cream, NYC

Sat Dec. 2nd - 92.7 & 98.5 FM 3-5am

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

I guess mine is going to be the only positive feedback... I was there on a Friday night for Taucher and had an awesome time. If you like epic trance, definitely check it out - there really aren't many clubs in the city playing it. The Friday DJ line-up is pretty impressive, they are getting top trance names like Taucher, Talla, Tandu, and Tiesto in February!!! The venue is awesome, lots of space and doesn't get packed, so there's plenty of room to dance. I think this is a HUGE plus if you're a trancehead and like to just dance your ass off - no better place than Webster Hall. Lots of foreigners, which is not a problem for me, I was not born in this country either. As far as the crowd being ugly - I absolutely don't think so. I saw too many hotties to agree with such a statement. The vibe - well, I have to say that I liked Twilo vibe better, but I've seen much worse ones too in other clubs. I wasn't impressed with the sound system and the biggest minus for me was that the place cleared up by about 4:30. Never been there on a Saturday. Overall worth giving it a try. Just make sure you pick a night with a DJ you like.

------------------

Don't forget to fly...

RUSS I lve you but ALEX & LEO SUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKK they haven't done a good party in sooooooooooo long LOL they were the first promoters DAVID MARVESI FIRED OUT OF EXIT I LITERALLY MEAN FIRST it was like Grand Opening GOOD BYE. ahahah The Only reason to go to that shit hole is for you my LOVE and that is it. cwm24.gif

------------------

Failure is not an Option!!

I've been to webster off and on in the last couple years and it has been totally different every time.

At first it was great (cause I was new to the scene and didn't know any better) and then it sucked. For a really long time. A few months ago it started getting better. They changed the setup a little bit and brought in better DJs. The sound system really isn't very good and the crowd kind of blows. Not friendly and very gropy (if you're a girl).

Great if you're w/people who like different kinds of music cause they usually have R&B/hip-hop downstairs, 80's & other rock on the second floor, house on the 3rd floor and live bands/salsa/other djs, etc on the 4th floor.

And yes, they close waaayyyy to early. The place usually starts clearing out at like 3-30.

It's worth checking out to see if you like it but not someplace I'd go very often. Just my opinion... biggrin.gif