Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Junior Vasquez Quits WKTU

This was takin from the JVM board.......

bones

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DJ JUNIOR VASQUEZ ANNOUNCES DEPARTURE FROM NEW YORK’S DANCE RADIO STATION, WKTU-FM

March, 25 2005: NEW YORK, NEW YORK – DJ Junior Vasquez announced today that effective immediately, he will no longer be delivering his popular JUNIOR’S WORLD show to New York dance music station WKTU-FM.

“JUNIOR’S WORLD was originally contracted to be a commercial-free show,†said Vasquez. “However, the station began incorporating inappropriate commercials and promo pieces from straight clubs. It was inconsistent with our programming and has been a detriment to our listening audience.â€

Junior Vasquez launched ‘JUNIOR’S WORLD,’ on KTU in Spring 2003. The show was syndicated successively in other regional markets in summer 2003 and through Vasquez’s heavily-trafficked website.

KTU’s website credits Junior with a ‘midas touch’ in developing hot new talent and creating new sounds. It reads, “Junior has a keen sense for helping veterans like Elton John, The Pretenders or Cyndi Lauper stay current and (appeal) to a young demographic.â€

Despite their on-line kudos, Vasquez alleges the station did not support his efforts to produce the cutting edge programming his audience has come to expect.

Junior Vasquez added that he is currently negotiating a national radio program scheduled to air this summer, but he could not offer additional specifics at this time.

Meanwhile, Vasquez will continue his prolific DJing career, headlining major events throughout the world. He also operates his own successful hit-factory of dance music, Junior Vasquez Music, which has produced more Billboard Club Play #1 Dance songs than any other producer/remixer so far this year.

# # #

its true though,when jr 1st started doing Juniors World on ktu jewels would come on once in a bit say something about whats going on @ discotheque where Junior was spinning at the time,but after time iot would be jewels than vic latino at some club hjearing music totally ofsetting the vibe and usually during a buildup of some sort.And things just seemed to Progress like see what they could get away with cuz they wanted Junior they just didnt want this agreement of commercial free but went along with it.I dunno Bernie you work there what went dowN?

yo Starscream, I heard a rumor Junior may very likely ne at Merge this summer (Jersey shore for those who dont know) which means you and I have a DATE

it will be the first time I see JV in 3 years

HOLLA

im not going to jersey to hear junior play when i can hear him here but ill gladly go to spirit with you on some occasion :)

im not going to jersey to hear junior play when i can hear him here but ill gladly go to spirit with you on some occasion :)

awww thanks bro

I was just playin: a couple years ago, Junior was at Sandbar in Jersey City and I downright refused to seem him for the same reason

From what I heard, the quote of the evening was :"I've never heard anything like this b4" - Jersey idiots :doh:

and get this they have the nerve instead of being upfront about it they told people on the show lastnight that Junior was on Vacation or something and Fatboy Slim would be djing for him.Please ktu enough of the bullshit. cuz if this is a vacation he is taking....thats one hella long ass vacation!!!

when im not out on sat nights i lsiten to kissfm with the latin bull RUBEN TORO from 1am till 6am, some great house and garage/dance classics. Also on mons tues,weds,thurs theres some great music on the begging of the dial on certain times of the night from like 9pm till like 12am of house music, 88.something 91.something. Cant recalll right now.

even with the commercials it wa sstill 2 hours of great house mixews every friday.

i hope junior & KTU can work it out & put him back on the air.

or maybe jnr will move to satellite radio. that will get me to sign up asap.

theres not much good dance radio in nyc for the serious house fan but ktu's jnr, morales & oakey 2 hours each a week is a blessing, its the only tim,e i will listebn to ktu & i always record it.

i actually dont mind the ktu jocks, for a goof, goomba johnny speedie lil cease, and jules has a sweet voice.

I only listebn for jnr morales or oakey but actually 10 minutes of them talking isnt that bad cos its 1 hour 50 mins of junior.

JUNIOR PLAESE GO BACK ON KTU! MISS YOU!!

I dunno Bernie you work there what went dowN?

dam talk about being called out lol do i kno you?

heres the deal. KTU always did the "friday nite dance factory". When Juniors World came along they just changed the DJ that was providing the music to JV-- and continuted to do the live dropins from clubs, that wasnt a new thing the clubs were always talkin over the music. Originally it was 4 breaks from the club, then JV complained and it was changed to be two breaks per hour.

it was my understanding that JV in the beginning wanted his show to have a NY affiliate and was essentially paying for 2 hours of commercial revenue to keep the show commercial free and get KTU to air it. I could be wrong on that, but that was the rumor that was floating around at the station, and it quite believable-- a station in NY can bill a LOT for friday nite commercials, they aint gonna just give time away from free to anybody.

Now I'm not sure where the fallout was. I'm thinking maybe the agreement with KTU and JV changed and he was no longer paying for the commercials so KTU just started running commercials and he got pissed and said he wanted out.

Honestly its his own fault. Any syndicated show runs commercials. To demand that affiliates pay him for his mixes, and then loose out on 2 hours of commercial revenue is kinda rediculous on his behalf.

To demand that affiliates pay him for his mixes, and then loose out on 2 hours of commercial revenue is kinda rediculous on his behalf.

no one ever accused junior of being practical.

if i'm not mistaken i think satellite records used to sponsor the show to make it commercial free?

either way i'm gonna miss the show. and if junior goes to satellite radio i hope its to Sirius, blows XM out of the water with their dance stations. and h stern in january.

dam talk about being called out lol do i kno you?

yes Bernie you do its Jason Aka Whatupdog from aol.havnt spoken in awhile.actually i thin k i set you 1 or 2 junior's world shows?sorry for calling you out i just thought maybe you knew something but the "i heard a rumor" isnt good enough for me lol.hope all is good^^

big fuckin deal, they played commercials.

aww poor baby.

just another example of him being a bitch.

he alienates everything and everyone he comes into contact with.

put him out to pasture.

well lets seee if the rumour was true and junior was paying for commercial free sets and still getting commercials.like who needs to be in the middle of a awesome set than cut to some guido club in jersey with vic or goomba kills the whole vibe.and as bernie says it costs alot for commercial free...yeah id be a bitch too.

well lets seee if the rumour was true and junior was paying for commercial free sets and still getting commercials.like who needs to be in the middle of a awesome set than cut to some guido club in jersey with vic or goomba kills the whole vibe.and as bernie says it costs alot for commercial free...yeah id be a bitch too.

HEY!!!

& WHATS WRONG WITH GUIDOS?????????

everything. they are a disgrace to true italians.Those who are educated about their culture. Guidos are the ones with no identity. they watch the sopranos and think thats what being italian is. Anyone who is proud to be a "guido" needs their head checked.

i guess you need your head checked.

I am a proud italain who is a guido. I do not watch the sopranos. Thats a very ignorant statment on your part. I dont need tv or movies to know how to act.

By the way, I have an identity.

i guess you need your head checked.

I am a proud italain who is a guido. I do not watch the sopranos. Thats a very ignorant statment on your part. I dont need tv or movies to know how to act.

By the way, I have an identity.

by the way, I was a GUIDO since 1987, way before any sopranos show or even the GOODFELLAS movie.