Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Was anyone else disappointed with Ultra this year??

happykandy

I mean the overall quality of the event? To me it looked like some cheap country music chili cook off with all the tents they had set up. They made it a lot smaller and from what I hear, a lot of djs ditched Ultra because they were getting screwed over.

A lot of people said that last year's ULtra sucked, but I think this one totally blew ass. Seemed like something big was missing out of the puzzle. I dunno. Anyone else agree?

I mean the overall quality of the event? To me it looked like some cheap country music chili cook off with all the tents they had set up. They made it a lot smaller and from what I hear, a lot of djs ditched Ultra because they were getting screwed over.

A lot of people said that last year's ULtra sucked, but I think this one totally blew ass. Seemed like something big was missing out of the puzzle. I dunno. Anyone else agree?

mmmm I dont know. Ive been going for 6 years with this one, i place this one on third place.. I think the tents were just awesome, much better then the crappy ones they've had years past. Sort of reminded me of the Twilo tent, difference is, this were HUGE.... I dont know why u say they made it a lot smaller ? .. It seemed they did it lot bigger, but I dont know.. about the DJs yeah, I didnt see EdgarV on the flyer, and Liquid Todd got screwed by Ferry Corsten.. other then that, IM lost in words. Production wise, orderly matter, they've improved and learned a lot, is true that they are still learning, but I found it great non-the less for the 60,000 peeps that assisted.

i didn't go to ultra this year so i can't really say anything about it... but wmc in general could have been much better... club owners/promoters concentrated on booking big names and raising prices, instead of worrying about hospitality... i'm not sure if air conditioners were turned off on purpose (to make people buy more drinks) or miami was running out of electricity, but just about every club i went to was like a night in africa...

i also want to mention that most door people did a very poor job... how does a cover go from $20 to $40 in 10 minutes? why did people who wore badges and were on vip lists had to wait in line? add that to being harrased by cops, being ripped off by pizza delivery people and cab drivers and you'll see what most people witnessed this past week... when i was driving to nikki beach for radio 1 party i saw a sign that said 'parking $40'...

as a hospitality major i have to say miami as a city did a very poor job and its businesses would rather rip people off and make them not wanna come back next year instead of catering to their needs and providing everything they could/should have...

my verdict: as much as i love this town i think they should move wmc to a place that will appreciate such event and will work hard for millions of dollars spent by tourists and locals... miami takes wmc (when money comes) for granted and doesn't deserve such event...

Well, the weekend was crazy. It was Spring Brake in all Public Schools and FIU and major colleges.. add that up to the nice weather. Everyone wanted to hit the beach besides the WMC festivities.. that forced parking lot prices to be raised, and ppl were willing to pay that.. next time WMC should be held on a Public School spring brake or college if you do not want to experience that rise.. but thats the thing. I can bitch but I can also examine and the why it happened.. that friday was the busiest for that same reason, all High Schools flooded SoBe .

mmmm I dont know. Ive been going for 6 years with this one, i place this one on third place.. I think the tents were just awesome, much better then the crappy ones they've had years past. Sort of reminded me of the Twilo tent, difference is, this were HUGE.... I dont know why u say they made it a lot smaller ? .. It seemed they did it lot bigger, but I dont know.. about the DJs yeah, I didnt see EdgarV on the flyer, and Liquid Todd got screwed by Ferry Corsten.. other then that, IM lost in words. Production wise, orderly matter, they've improved and learned a lot, is true that they are still learning, but I found it great non-the less for the 60,000 peeps that assisted.

so what you're trying to say is that track is better than nick assunto?

:clap2:

ultra sucked because of the organization..

1) one entrance to a 50,000 person event..

2) not enough bars and ticket stands.. ( next time they should keep drink ticket stands and bars apart..)

3) not big enough venue for 50,000 people

4) camera policy

5) dj set times... (too many good dj's played too early)

conclusion..... never again

Too many DJ's, not long enough sets, such an overkill

yeah. well i got to see PVD drop 3 tracks on the main stage while running around trying to find someone before i had to run back to the AAA arena to find someone else. and so on and so on.

the things we sacrifice to make cool shit happen.

:hug::pint::compsux:

I had fun...

I must say that this year's performance by Rabbit in the Moon was not what I was expecting from them, I didn't like it at all!

you were there? i didn't see you :(

moby went over his time and rabbit's show got cut short because of that. so unfortunately you didn't see the whole show they had planned. also, there were supposed to be more visuals but moby didn't want any screens besides the one in the back of the stage...some of the mikes weren't working and the combination of all those things really fucked things up. i think this year's RITM show was much better than last years. i enjoyed some of the remixes and the new costumes but i wanted to hear some of the new tracks dave (confucius) had in store for us. i felt the show was incomplete or rushed through, but that was no fault of theirs. when they have other people working besides their own production team then things won't be as perfect as they would want it to be. they get screwed over by ultra too many times. every year it's the same b.s.....i'd be really surprised if they perform at the next one.

J&H v. dynamix were okay....bt and hybrid played a great set but the mid range was a little off in the breaks tent which made it really hard to enjoy...:knife:

josh wink and carl cox were tearing it up but i had to leave half way through cox's set because my friends and i were suffocating and drenched in sweat in that poorly ventilated tent.

armin van burin was ON. there is nothing better than seeing a dj enjoying himself so much during his set...he was really having a good time up there and that permeated through the crowd. i actually enjoyed hearing his set and stuck around for a while....i might just give trance a chance....:tongue:

i agree with you, ar, they should have had more than one entrance for the 60,000 people that showed up...that was just rediculous!!!

would i go again next year? probably not, but i always say that until i get comped and i figure what the hell...i'll go for a little while and maybe this time would be better than the last.

so what you're trying to say is that track is better than nick assunto?

:clap2:

Is that the old production company??.. If so, definetly heh.. though Im sure if this is tracks first time, next yrs will be better.. they had a small cracked up firework go up for a second.. it will be neat if Ultra closes with Fireworks wouldnt it ??.. If it keeps going at this rate, Im sure it will lol

ultra sucked because of the organization..

1) one entrance to a 50,000 person event..

2) not enough bars and ticket stands.. ( next time they should keep drink ticket stands and bars apart..)

3) not big enough venue for 50,000 people

4) camera policy

5) dj set times... (too many good dj's played too early)

conclusion..... never again

1.Was it really that packed for the 50,000 peeps?..

2. True... They've done that years past. TIP: Refill your bottle of water, if you dont have an issue with refilling.

3. True.... actually it's capacity is 50,000.. they squeezed 10,0000 more thousand peeps.. or did the math with those peeps leaving ealry perhaps?

4. Well the camera policy is always like that for every event, but yeah, they SHOULD allow us with Camera's, thats the problem of having DJ's with STAR status.... just be sneakky bout the camera, ive never had a problem sneacking it in heh.

5. Definetly true, but thats the price to pay if one decides to hit late.. hitting early always guarantess you a good experience. ;-)

1.Was it really that packed for the 50,000 peeps?..

2. True... They've done that years past. TIP: Refill your bottle of water, if you dont have an issue with refilling.

3. True.... actually it's capacity is 50,000.. they squeezed 10,0000 more thousand peeps.. or did the math with those peeps leaving ealry perhaps?

4. Well the camera policy is always like that for every event, but yeah, they SHOULD allow us with Camera's, thats the problem of having DJ's with STAR status.... just be sneakky bout the camera, ive never had a problem sneacking it in heh.

5. Definetly true, but thats the price to pay if one decides to hit late.. hitting early always guarantess you a good experience. ;-)

1. It was crowded, but i honestly didn't have a problem getting anywhere I wanted to go.. hell, i didnt even wait in line for the nasty-porta-potties for very long ..

2. for easy access to water, i just got more than one ticket so i didn't have to wait in line

3. the camera policy blows, it's definitely about being sneaky.. as they obviously weren't too strict about it

4. arrive early, avoid lines, hang out, have fun.. never had a problem doing that before :) the experience is what you make of it