Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who's down for Cosmic Gate tonight?

The only events I get tix for are trance events and FROM WHAT I'VE EXPERIENCED, you can get in wearing pretty much whatever you want... sneakers... tshirts... anything with a ticket. And at WH the other night, I walked up and took my place at the very end of the line that made its way around the block... until I found out that ticket holders got to walk right in. VERY convenient and cheaper than the door price..

thanks for all the replies. I definitely saw the problem with security and the whole guestlist line, will talk it over with them about it, to fix for next time. My own promoters came at around 12 something, and didnt get in for 45min, even after security told me they would let em right in. So my comp list was pretty much useless. If you have tickets or on guestlist, you will be let in alot faster then vice versa. Also we specifically told the bouncers to let people in with sneakers and comfy clothes. We werent trying to do some crazy strict clothes rule, so sry if you had any problem. Don't wry about wearing sneakers, if you gonna wear sneakers, and have a problem, ask to speak to the guys throwin the party, and we will come out and make sure you get no bullshit.

Thanks stan..

Honestly I thought there should of been some sort of better order for the line, I will def talk to the owners about that, since the guestlist ppl were in the street waiting to get in, would of been more logical to have line going down the street in other direction. Also if your there for one of our events, just say it and you will have no problem with sneakers.

Webster Hall is one of the worst clubs. I was there for cosmic gate and left with mixed feelings.

A. Cosmic Gates set was pretty good.....

B. The club SUCKED

C. Promoters and Party Throwers, please dont book anything at that sh*thole.

The party would have been 1000000000 times better if it was at a differant club. The crowd seemed kinda weak compared to other crazy trance parties ive gone to. Vibe was weak and way too many old asians E'd out. The bouncers need to work on their COMMUNICATION. These guys are a bunch of dimwits. I had to wait online 3 times because of thier lack of communication between eachother. This is the last time i ever go to that shithole. NYC is lacking on good trance parties and all the sudden we got like some pretty crazy sets coming to new york (kia tracid, scot project, etc.) But why WEBSTER HALL?

after KIA TRACID comes and plays at webster hall i doubt they will ever come back to nyc to play again. The crowd was kinda lacking the trance vibe.

PARTY THROWERS PLEASE PICK A BETTER VENUE FOR FUTURE EVENTS. IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET KIA TRACID PLAYING AT A DIFFERANT CLUB INSTEAD OF WH???????

hey i got an idea since ur like the only one whos complaining y dont u get 40k and rent out the hammerstein and throw ur own trance party..i think the rest of us found a pretty hot new spot in the east village.....for a low cost ..and there the only ones who ever to think to bring these guys so im goingt to stick with them...im sure the crowd will get better and better...not that it was bad i seen mad hot girls there ..and the dancers, vibe, music and lights wer off the hook ..in my opinion

Wow your first post and you come off like one of the promoters :rolleyes:

I'm serious though. I'm not a promoter. But the last couple of trance events I've been to included armin a couple times, ferry, pvd a couple times, and nu nrg/markus. After the last armin, i got kind of tired of hearing him. And believe me.. he's one of my favs. But it was all too much of a the same thing.

Alot of my friends who've been goin to trance events for a while went crazy when they heard CG and scott project were comin to town. It's a welcome change...

btw, it wasn't my first post ...

half these guys are promoters. Thats why the one guy up there has only 3 posts, and on his 3rd post he is defending WH full throttle?.YEAHHHH OK. Trancenation - sounds like a name someone would make just to register a quick account so they can post up some shit in defense of the club.

either way..if im wrong..my apologies. But I do give major credit to the promoters. The acts they are bringing in is amazing. Names i would never think i would see in NYC. so keep it up.

EDIT: you go to any other event..outside of ny...even if the Dj isnt that great, PEOPLE GO NUTS. because its not really about the dj..its not really about the venue(those things help)..but in reality, its about the mood the people are in. Now adays, people only get in the mood if they are seeing a big name star.

THATS SO GAY.

not a promoter just a club kid ..and i had a really good time.. ileft aboard i was on for 4 years i just hate how poeple are so negative ..it seems like shit could go perfect and still someone has somehitng negative to say.....

Well it looks like you wont be here long this board is full of negativity :hat:

I am not a promoter and I'll tell you I had a great time at webster hall for Cosmic Cate. Richie Neale was also great and I look forward to hearing him again. I give the promoters and Webster Hall props for booking top quality Trance DJ's and making it a weekly event. With that being said, yes Webster Hall is a shithole....but so are all the other big clubs that book big name dj's with the exception of Crobar. And I would even argue that the sound and lighting at the main floor at WH could rival any of the clubs. I would only go to WH for the music and am not expecting it to be a place like cielo or duvet.

WH does need to do something about its bouncers and door staff. They have no reason to be assholes and people on a list or those that have already paid and have these "no-wait" passes that they give out should not have to wait out on the street and wait longer than the general admin line. :bounce: