Clubplanet Nightlife Community

First Trip to South Beach

spd1980

Just wanted to thank everyone for all of your great replies :) You've all been a big help!

thats the weekend of my bday steve. booo.

Sorry bout that...it was the only weekend I could go. What do you have going on this year?

As far as restaurants.....how much $ are we talking here? gimme a price range to work with, cuz they run the gamut on price.

I guess I would prefer a $20-$25 entree range.

I just thought of a couple of other questions. I am assuming that all the clubs are like $25 to get in?? Is it really difficult to get in to a lot of these places??

Thanks again!

Thank you for the leads.

oh and to answer the question--the clubs mentioned above are great---Crobar is a "must do" on Saturdays---Ralph Falcon will have you "housin" your ass off, and the whole club itself is just outta hand, esp for a first timer. TIP=if you have bread to blow, i recommend getting bottle service, because there are NO places to sit in most of the clubs, so if your in it for the long haul, have your chick wear low heeled shoes! You also have to do Space for after hours Sat. night, its another "do not miss", spot.

Not really. Unless you're dressed like a scumbag.

Otherwise, tell 'em I sent you and they'll roll out the red carpet. :D

You guys should be honest with tourists. The correct response would be: Is it hard to get in? Response: Depends on the party, doorman's attitude, your appearance, etc.

After the WMC vibe dies down alot of the clubs will return to their "door policies".

And according to you, "tell'em I sent you". What the hell does that mean. Is that supposed to Globally apply at every club?

Tourist walks up to doorman at Prive:

Toursit: Hi.

Doorman: Doesnt acknowledge

Tourist: Hi, I am a friend of "digitalphoenix" from CP.

Toursit: hears the sound of crickets in the background.

Doorman: Get away from the velvet rope

Hi,

I'm going to Miami for the first time with my girl and we'll be there on a Fri, Sat, and Sun night. We're going in the beginning of May.

Can you guys recommend a list of the must see clubs and lounges for a first time visit? I am more into EDM than my girl so I would prefer a mixed list of places with some that just play EDM and some that just play Hip-Hop. My music preferences would be House or Tribal and Tech if there are any good Tech spots.

Also, what are some really good restaurants down there?

Thanks a lot for all of your replies!

I will be down there the 5-8 too!!! :clap2:

i just came back from my first SoBe trip

i have to say i loved it, i had best time

from parties, peoples, weather, all was great

and sooooooooooo many hot guys (specially the hawaian guy at mango;s)

cant wait to go back

and Vic we will meet next time

:bounce:

You guys should be honest with tourists. The correct response would be: Is it hard to get in? Response: Depends on the party, doorman's attitude, your appearance, etc.

After the WMC vibe dies down alot of the clubs will return to their "door policies".

And according to you, "tell'em I sent you". What the hell does that mean. Is that supposed to Globally apply at every club?

Whatever! I don't care! I do what I want! :bounce:

:rolleyes:

Digitalphoenix was joking somewhat, hence the :D at the end his post. LOL

most clubs have relaxed door policies. with the exception of the higher end sobe clubs; which most locals don't frequent.

if your coming to Miami and you're looking to hear some decent beats and mix with "real" people you will undoubtedly be going to Space, Crobar, Pawn Shop, Blue, and/or Amika.

all of the aforementioned clubs you will get into with no problem; if you're dressed reasonably well, and have a decent attitude.

if you’re looking to impress, hang out with the "beautiful" people, deal with sub-par service, major attitude, and the music really doesn't matter. then the high end sobe clubs Prive, Bed, etc will serve you well.