Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roger Sanchez @ Ice 5/7/05??

Dark_Night

The S-Man is the real deal. So happy he likes Vegas enough to come here three times so far this year (including the upcoming gig in May). Hopefully this continues. Many thank-you's to Ice and Godskitchen for the talent they have been bringing through town. It is much appreciated.

The last 2 times Roger was here he was amazing and the terrace set at SPACE a few weeks back was possibly the best I have ever heard

Do not miss this guy - after hearing him last year in Miami and 3 times in the past few months - I have a hard time beleiving there is a better house DJ out there

He is Morillo without the breakdowns, which is why I prefer the S-Man. Morillo plays awesome records, but those breakdowns, while tolerable, are not ideal for a house set. That said, Morillo's sets at Space during WMC, both inside and outside, were quality. The live vocalist was a great touch.

What do you mean by breakdowns - just wondering

Have you seen Erick Morillo? If you have, you would know what I am talking about. He puts on a record, a great house record, with an excellent groove, plays it for a few minutes, lets the crowd get into it, and then he breaks it down to near silence. I like him, but that is pretty annoying. It doesn't make any sense to me at all. I can think of at least three times during his terrace set at Space during WMC where he would bring the record down to silence for a good 6-8 seconds before bringing it back in. What is the point of that?

Have you seen Erick Morillo? If you have, you would know what I am talking about. He puts on a record, a great house record, with an excellent groove, plays it for a few minutes, lets the crowd get into it, and then he breaks it down to near silence. I like him, but that is pretty annoying. It doesn't make any sense to me at all. I can think of at least three times during his terrace set at Space during WMC where he would bring the record down to silence for a good 6-8 seconds before bringing it back in. What is the point of that?

Its called a build up. Some people like and some people dont.

He must be doing something right though.

All i know is now im psyched for the "S" Man.

Yeah - I saw Morillo when he was out here at ICE and at Space. I know exactly what you are talking about too - we just call it 2 different things.

Personally - I am a huge fan of building up a record and looping it for a while - its a technique first mastered by Jonathan Peters - and now Morillo. But it does get very annoying when he cuts it down to complete silence - b/c you are expecting the track to explode at that moment. I noticed it once or twice at ICE and it definitely stuck out more for his terrace set (inside he played pretty smooth) - and from what I heard about his B-day this past Friday in NY - it happened quite a bit more

Another thing to keep is mind is that Morillo gets fuckin wrecked for (especially for afterhours) and his spinning does tend to get sloppy at times I've heard stories of him extremely drunk or fucked up - my buddies in NY tell me he is notorious for this in the late late hours of Crobar and Discoteque performances and his music is all over the place

Personally - I am a huge fan of building up a record and looping it for a while - its a technique first mastered by Jonathan Peters - and now Morillo.

Im not sure JP was the first one to do it.I remember back in the day Marshall Jefferson and Chippee were looping and sampling stuff on the fly.

I think what Eric does is loop and tweak.

Your right, it can get annoying at time's, but as you can see from my sig, IMO he is the man.

Im not sure JP was the first one to do it.I remember back in the day Marshall Jefferson and Chippee were looping and sampling stuff on the fly.

I think what Eric does is loop and tweak.

Your right, it can get annoying at time's, but as you can see from my sig, IMO he is the man.

I'm sorry - that came out wrong. I'm sure he wasn't the first, but the first DJ I've listened to who really works the fuck out of tracks. He really doesn't do this all that much anymore. Morillo does a lot of sampling too - he drops all kinds of random accapellas (at least when he was out here in Vegas - not as much in Miami but he did a few) and samples of songs over newer beats. I know in the past he has played different in NY and Jersey though

Either way Morillo is the man - he brings VIBE to a room like none other

Brian,check the link.Seems like it might be better to go the V.I.P. pakage route

tickets for Roger Sanchez

the bar card can be used at any bar in the club? Its all confusing to me. I havent been to Vegas in 3 years.

Though I should get into this place for free since I won this trip by watching the show "The Club" on spike TV which was about Ice.

THe deal for four seems too good to be true. 200 bar tab card and entrance for four for 230? You have to use the bar tab card to buy a bottle there?

the bar card can be used at any bar in the club? Its all confusing to me. I havent been to Vegas in 3 years.

Though I should get into this place for free since I won this trip by watching the show "The Club" on spike TV which was about Ice.

THe deal for four seems too good to be true. 200 bar tab card and entrance for four for 230? You have to use the bar tab card to buy a bottle there?

Congrats on winning the trip.

I thought the bar tab was for the bar and not towards the bottle.I guess your right about it being confusing.Can someone help us out with some information please???

Congrats on winning the trip.

I thought the bar tab was for the bar and not towards the bottle.I guess your right about it being confusing.Can someone help us out with some information please???

Best bet is calling the 1-800 number and asking. Seems fishy cause that way each person is only spending 7.50 to get in. and then 200 at the bar. If it is towards a bottle, I think a bottle costs like 400-500.

That package is definitely legit - I've purchased it before. It used to be a pretty good deal - but now they tack on $25 for a service charge so it comes out to $140 for 2 admissions and the bar tab. They give you a credit card for use at any bar w/ $100 credit on there - not good towards the purchase of a bottle.

They used to have this for the big holiday weekend parties where admission was $40 + there was no service charge - now there is really no advantage to it.

That package is definitely legit - I've purchased it before. It used to be a pretty good deal - but now they tack on $25 for a service charge so it comes out to $140 for 2 admissions and the bar tab. They give you a credit card for use at any bar w/ $100 credit on there - not good towards the purchase of a bottle.

They used to have this for the big holiday weekend parties where admission was $40 + there was no service charge - now there is really no advantage to it.

VIP Bar Package 2 (Includes: 4 Front of the Line admissions and a VIP bar tab card (Good for date of purchase only) with a $200 limit. Does NOT include table or entrance to the VIP room.)

Thats a good deal. after the bar tab, you end up paying 80 to get in. Not bad and don't wait in line

Thanks or explaining it.That makes sense.

Brian, i would ask and to see if you get the v.i.p. stuff because you won a contest for the club.They might actually take care of you.