Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Picotto Review

I havent seen any other reviews, Did anyone else go besides me? Cause the place was empty...relativley speaking.

I havent seen him since moving back from SoBe, and the man was really on.

however there were 2 20 minute sessions of just back beat it was weird but gave me a chance to take a breather.

he mostly played new stuff with some loops of older well known stuff.

he came on earlier then planned Which was great for us older folks who cant go on forever ( BTW it was my 30 b-day, thats 10 years fo clubbing officially lol)

Anyway loved him great nite loking forward to JP

I havent seen any other reviews, Did anyone else go besides me? Cause the place was empty...relativley speaking.

I havent seen him since moving back from SoBe, and the man was really on.

however there were 2 20 minute sessions of just back beat it was weird but gave me a chance to take a breather.

he mostly played new stuff with some loops of older well known stuff.

he came on earlier then planned Which was great for us older folks who cant go on forever ( BTW it was my 30 b-day, thats 10 years fo clubbing officially lol)

Anyway loved him great nite loking forward to JP

Fucking fantastic. Definitely most underrated DJ out there. When he played "Hyperbounce" the place went wild.

It was however quite empty, with a poor male-female ratio. Nevertheless, it was a great time.

Moreover, it was my first time seeing Eddie Lee spin, and he was excellent as well. Hopefully, the two of them will play much more nights.

neither.. he's just underrated now that he's no longer a cheesy trance DJ. Avalon in Boston was half empty when he came 2 weeks ago. During WMC, Space wasn't anywhere close to as full as it was when he played compared to the other dj's the rest of week, yet his Terrace set was easily the best out of all of them. People are stuck in 1999 and still want to hear Komodo.

Was there a small attendance to this party because of the place or because NYC is more geared towards house music?

It's possible but he spins anything from hard trance, tech, micro house, electro, to whatever these days.

small attendance, place was quite empty?

i don't know why, but sometimes when i read the reviews of the parties i went to, it seems that i was in a totally different place

the place wasn't empty, would you prefer if it was so packed that you could not move?

and elevatedflow does make a good point, techno parties are not as popular as house parties, but who cares, as long as dj's like mauro, liebing and cox keep on coming here, im happy

:spin:

small attendance, place was quite empty?

i don't know why, but sometimes when i read the reviews of the parties i went to, it seems that i was in a totally different place

the place wasn't empty, would you prefer if it was so packed that you could not move?

and elevatedflow does make a good point, techno parties are not as popular as house parties, but who cares, as long as dj's like mauro, liebing and cox keep on coming here, im happy

:spin:

No, I'm glad that it wasn't packed as there was a lot of dancing room. However, you cannot deny that for someone with Mauro's stature, there weren't that many people. Did you go his party in the past summer? There wasn't any room to walk!

Nevertheless, like you said, I'd rather not have that many people come in so's there room to dance.

No, I'm glad that it wasn't packed as there was a lot of dancing room. However, you cannot deny that for someone with Mauro's stature, there weren't that many people. Did you go his party in the past summer? There wasn't any room to walk!

Nevertheless, like you said, I'd rather not have that many people come in so's there room to dance.

yes, i've been to all of his parties at avalon, and it does get more crowded during the summer, but i don't expect that, because not that many clubbers in ny appreciate techno.

i remember seeing mills at avalon, and the place wasnt nearly as crowded as sat night, and beyer plaing sullivan room on a weeknight shows that techno is not really appealing to a lot of people.

:bj:

i found the first half of his set str8 up insane. it was great, but the rest of it kinda bored me. pretty good vibe, i met alot of new ppl, but by the end of the night it seemed like there was maybe 5 girls in the place and about 10000000 guys, i went for the music not the girls, but still. he threw alot of stuff out into the crowd, i got some kinda round the neck key chain thing, promos for his meganite tour which was cool. wasnt exactly packed but that was good cuz it gave you room to dance. all in all it was a pretty good night. but got hella boring by the later part of his set. id rate the night as a 6 out of 10.

he threw alot of stuff out into the crowd, i got some kinda round the neck key chain thing, promos for his meganite tour which was cool.

I happened to have an Italy jersey on at his space set during WMC.. he threw me a couple of VIP passes :)