Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fave drug books?

I know that nobody's probably going to respond to this thread, but...

What are you favorite drug books? I'm talking about fictional books where drugs play a big part...right now, I'm reading the Rules of Attraction which is pretty freaking awesome, and I just bought "Disco Bloodbath," the book that Party Monster is based on...is anyone else interested in these kind of books? I find them really interesting to read...some ppl just had insanely crazy lives...lol they make me feel more sane. Sorry bout the English lecture, you can all carry on now :type:

yoo, wtf. I just read the first chapter of Disco Bloodbath online, and im dieing to buy this book. Ive seen the movie, i know the history, BLAH BLAH BUTTT the actual style of writing is brilliant. So anyway, i decide to look online to buy the book, and the cheapest i can find it for is 160 dollars. WTF . the prices went all the way up to 500$.

cant i find a nice lil paperback for 20????

yoo, wtf. I just read the first chapter of Disco Bloodbath online, and im dieing to buy this book. Ive seen the movie, i know the history, BLAH BLAH BUTTT the actual style of writing is brilliant. So anyway, i decide to look online to buy the book, and the cheapest i can find it for is 160 dollars. WTF . the prices went all the way up to 500$.

Disco Bloodbath is freaking AWESOME...I just checked it out of the public library today, and it's brilliant...he hooks you from the first page. lol I seriously read like 100 pages on the train ride home from work today

my boyfriend's been reading the burrough's books.. i've only read a few pages of one of them (i can't remember which) and it seemed to capture the essence..

surpringly i've i don't think i've read any books where drugs were a major part and i'm a big reader..and an eng major..

but ive definitely read lit that was influenced the author's addiction to opium..

The Ticket That Exploded by Burroughs... his best. Its really hard to understand, but I don't think it matters.

Anything by Carlos Castaneda is good if you're high because you try to understand it and it really messes with you (regardless that its all probably not true).

I could be wrong but I believe it was re-released under a different name "Party Monster" when the movie with the kid from Home Alone came out.

I remember saying somthing like "I feel a bit lightheaded; Maybe you should drive...."

And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, which was going about a hundred miles an hour with the top down to Las Vegas. And a voice was screaming: "Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?"