Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: DrDoom

:finger::finger:

Bayern Munich 3-2 Chelsea

Chelsea win 6-5 on agg

Chelsea match reaction

Player ratings

Champions League photos

Chelsea advanced into the Champions League semi-finals despite a defeat against Bayern Munich.

Manager Jose Mourinho watched the game from a hotel as Frank Lampard's deflected shot dented Bayern's hopes of a second-leg comeback on the half-hour.

Claudio Pizarro gave Bayern a lifeline after 64 minutes, scoring after Petr Cech saved from Michael Ballack.

Didier Drogba headed Chelsea's second, and they qualified despite late goals from Paolo Guerrero and Mehmet Scholl.

Chelsea boss Mourinho initially took his place high in the stands in Munich's Olympic Stadium, but had a change of heart before kick-off and was whisked back to the team hotel by taxi.

After such brilliant performances against Barca and now Bayern, we have shown we can go the distance and win it

From NWJ

Have your say on 606

Bayern gave Chelsea a scare in the fourth minute, when Ze Roberto escaped from Robert Huth and found Pizarro only 12 yards out, but goalkeeper Petr Cech made a crucial block with his legs.

And as the Germans pressed for the crucial opening goal, Bastian Schweinsteiger almost unlocked Chelsea with a brilliant run, weaving past William Gallas and John Terry before shooting narrowly across the face of goal.

But it was Chelsea who broke the deadlock on the half-hour when Lampard scored a virtual carbon copy of a strike in the first leg at Stamford Bridge.

He fired in a speculative effort from 25 yards, but a wicked deflection off Brazilian defender Lucio - as at Chelsea - left Oliver Kahn hopelessly wrong-footed.

Bayern midfielder Michael Ballack wasted a glorious chance to give them a lifeline five minutes before the interval, firing over from close range after a poor header from Huth.

Damien Duff could have stamped Chelsea's ticket into the semi-final on the hour when Lampard's free-kick found him unmarked six yards out, but Kahn produced a stunning reflex save from point-blank range.

Bayern were back in contention four minutes later, when Pizarro scored from almost on the goal-line after Cech had turned Ballack's header on to the post.

It sparked a sustained period of Bayern pressure, with Huth deflecting Bixente Lizarazu's cross on to the bar and Eidur Gudjohnsen clearing Ballack's header off the line.

But Drogba killed off Bayern's hopes of a revival with a stunning second for Chelsea 10 minutes from time.

Cole retrieved a loose ball in the corner, and with no danger apparent, whipped in a cross which Drogba glanced past Kahn.

Guerrero's goal in the dying seconds, followed quickly by another from Mehmet Scholl, provided no consolation for Bayern as Chelsea celebrated another Champions League triumph.

:)

Neither game was close.. Chelsea dominated Bayern in defence and in offence. The only reason the game finished 3-2 today was because Chelsea let go, why bother playing hard when you've already won the thing? The game was over when Lampard scored.

Chelsea will beat Liverpool or Juve... the only team that has a chance is AC Milan.

:finger::finger:

Bayern Munich 3-2 Chelsea

Chelsea win 6-5 on agg

Chelsea match reaction

Player ratings

Champions League photos

Chelsea advanced into the Champions League semi-finals despite a defeat against Bayern Munich.

Manager Jose Mourinho watched the game from a hotel as Frank Lampard's deflected shot dented Bayern's hopes of a second-leg comeback on the half-hour.

Claudio Pizarro gave Bayern a lifeline after 64 minutes, scoring after Petr Cech saved from Michael Ballack.

Didier Drogba headed Chelsea's second, and they qualified despite late goals from Paolo Guerrero and Mehmet Scholl.

Chelsea boss Mourinho initially took his place high in the stands in Munich's Olympic Stadium, but had a change of heart before kick-off and was whisked back to the team hotel by taxi.

After such brilliant performances against Barca and now Bayern, we have shown we can go the distance and win it

From NWJ

Have your say on 606

Bayern gave Chelsea a scare in the fourth minute, when Ze Roberto escaped from Robert Huth and found Pizarro only 12 yards out, but goalkeeper Petr Cech made a crucial block with his legs.

And as the Germans pressed for the crucial opening goal, Bastian Schweinsteiger almost unlocked Chelsea with a brilliant run, weaving past William Gallas and John Terry before shooting narrowly across the face of goal.

But it was Chelsea who broke the deadlock on the half-hour when Lampard scored a virtual carbon copy of a strike in the first leg at Stamford Bridge.

He fired in a speculative effort from 25 yards, but a wicked deflection off Brazilian defender Lucio - as at Chelsea - left Oliver Kahn hopelessly wrong-footed.

Bayern midfielder Michael Ballack wasted a glorious chance to give them a lifeline five minutes before the interval, firing over from close range after a poor header from Huth.

Damien Duff could have stamped Chelsea's ticket into the semi-final on the hour when Lampard's free-kick found him unmarked six yards out, but Kahn produced a stunning reflex save from point-blank range.

Bayern were back in contention four minutes later, when Pizarro scored from almost on the goal-line after Cech had turned Ballack's header on to the post.

It sparked a sustained period of Bayern pressure, with Huth deflecting Bixente Lizarazu's cross on to the bar and Eidur Gudjohnsen clearing Ballack's header off the line.

But Drogba killed off Bayern's hopes of a revival with a stunning second for Chelsea 10 minutes from time.

Cole retrieved a loose ball in the corner, and with no danger apparent, whipped in a cross which Drogba glanced past Kahn.

Guerrero's goal in the dying seconds, followed quickly by another from Mehmet Scholl, provided no consolation for Bayern as Chelsea celebrated another Champions League triumph.

My friend, I eat humble pie. Bayern was horriible throughout the series, the only players who did anything in the series were Pizarro and Scholl.

Lampard is probably the best midfielder in Europe right now, and Cech is almost as good as Buffoon.

Did you see my Inter do amazing like always against Milan? Losing only by one goal is almost a record, except the fact that the game ended early because our fans tried setting Dida on fire.

With Trezeguet out for the season, Juventus' hopes are over, and the CL Final is most likely going to be Chelsea-Milan, which will turn out to be a slow, but flawlessly tactical game.

While I'll admit that Bayern were the underdogs, I don't see Chelsea finishing off Milan.

Lampard is probably the best midfielder in Europe right now, and Cech is almost as good as Buffoon.

Yeah, he's only allowed 12 goals this whole season.. that's crazy. Of course the defense gets a lot of credit too for that.

Lampards definitely the best midfielder in the Premiership, don't know about all of Europe but definitely up there.

Did you see my Inter do amazing like always against Milan? Losing only by one goal is almost a record, except the fact that the game ended early because our fans tried setting Dida on fire.

:laugh:

Inter is my #1 team in the Italian League.. it really pisses me off that they can never beat Milan, but not many teams can anyway. They had a rough start this season, I'm sure next year they'll be much better team.

ahhahaahhaahahaha did u c the pictures of him laid out on the floor? with like 8 flares around him??? he's such a faggot though....he got hit in the shoulder...ud think they fired rocket powered missile @ him

ahhahaahhaahahaha did u c the pictures of him laid out on the floor? with like 8 flares around him??? he's such a faggot though....he got hit in the shoulder...ud think they fired rocket powered missile @ him

LMAO, exactly. He looked like a GI hit by Vietcong mortar fire, instead of getting barely hit by a faggy flair. He had an excellent game though, I think Cech, Buffoon and Casillas are the only keepers better than him right now.

I always thought Casillas was overrated.. with their defence he shouldn't get scored on half as much as he does. On the other hand Real play too offensively and risky so I guess it's not really his fault entirely.

You'd think there'd be more than 3 fuckin soccer fans out of everyone here, heh.

btw i really wanted Juve to move on...so i could c Chelsea whip them....especially that fuck ibrahimovic

Isn't he of mixed Serbian/Bosnian descent? Is he considered to be traitor because he doesn't suit up for Serbia? By the way I praise your homeland for providing us with Stankovic, and then curse it for giving us Mihajlovic.

hahah come on man..Miha is old as hell...u remember him @ Lazio?? u remember when he broke Jurgen Klinsmann's rib @ the world cup with a free kick? he was so legit back then..

and zlatan is a bosnian......i guess they r pissed @ him...he's the closest thing they have to a bosnian soccer player

I always thought Casillas was overrated.. with their defence he shouldn't get scored on half as much as he does. On the other hand Real play too offensively and risky so I guess it's not really his fault entirely.

You'd think there'd be more than 3 fuckin soccer fans out of everyone here, heh.

You're probably right. However bro, I disagree with you on Real's defence - besides Samuel who isn't near his best all, they all completely suck. Helguerra, Raul Bravo, Pavon, Salgado don't deserve to be on a major team. They really never recovered from losing Makele (sp?), as the Danish guy is okay at best and Beckham as a holding midfielder is pathetic.

I agree, its supid that only 3 of us know what's going on here.

I also forgot to include Roberto Carlos, who is definitely the worst man-marking defender that ever played the game. That's good that he can attack, but its his responsibility to shut down the attack.