Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ever go clubbing solo?

If you CONSTANTLY need to be around others to have a good time, then you are the one with the problem. Sometimes doing things solo gives you the confidence to approach people because you have no choice. You don't have your regular friends right behind you to lean on.

cwm19.gif

Originally posted by robocock:

what the hell are you guys talking about? the notion that going to clubs alone make it easier for you to meet new peeps is totally wrong! even when you get to meet people, they will ask you where your friends are and after you said you came alone they would immediately lose interest in you in most cases at least. take a look at few people who come to clubs alone, 95% of them are either losers or confused foreigners. i have nothing against lone clubbers but you cannot use clubbing alone as an excuse to meet people more easily.(i went to club alone once, it was very depressing)

Damn that's harsh!

cwm12.gif Brianz54- you said it. Just because you have the guts to go out to a club alone, doesn't make you a loser. I do many things alone. I go to movies on my own too. I don't have the luxury of sharing the same schedule as my friends. But should that take away from my fun- Hell No! If someone doesn't feel comfortable enough to go out alone, then don't. But don't be insulting to others who aren't hung-up on being out solo.

WORD UP!!! Yesterday I saw "Unbreakable" by myself, and Sunday, I will probably go to B&S by myself....to me, "gettin lucky" means not having to bring out the ball and chain (or anyone else) when I'm trying to chill....I don't believe you necessarily meet more people being solo(I'm the quiet type wink.gif), but at least you don't have to listen to anyone bitch and moan about "it's hot" or "I'm ready to go"....

Werd up! Gone solo many times, clubbing, traveling... It rocks! Do what you want, when you wanna, new friends all the time, and NO DRAMA! I travel with lotsa peeps lately, but I'm always ready to go it alone if the right dj is at the right club. It's easy for me, tho, cuz I'm really outgoing and friendly and whatnot... Try it and see.

Blue skies,

BSG

------------------

Just saying no to drama.

mbdewey@yahoo.com

aolim mbdewey

... after you said you came alone they would immediately lose interest in you in most cases at least. take a look at few people who come to clubs alone, 95% of them are either losers or confused foreigners.

Well this "loser" was only asked to join a party in the vip lounge. I'd say definitely fly solo!! It opens up new doors, literally. But you gotta have the personality for it.. then no one will ask why you're alone.

cwm12.gif

... after you said you came alone they would immediately lose interest in you in most cases at least. take a look at few people who come to clubs alone, 95% of them are either losers or confused foreigners.

Well this "loser" was only asked to join a party in the vip lounge. I'd say definitely fly solo!! It opens up new doors, literally. But you gotta have the personality for it.. then no one will ask why you're alone.

cwm12.gif

What is robocock talking about??

The most attractive thing in the world is self-confidence. I doubt that most people here actually prefer to club alone, but I have a lot of respect for people who don't have to rely on others constantly, people who aren't afraid to do what they really want to do.

In the spirit of NYdancer, does anyone else have any great clubbing solo stories?? My lone nights out have resulted in parties in the VIP room in the best club in Paris, a crazy night partying with the Greek mafia in Athens, and even a trans-atlantic romance.

Anyone else out there have stories of people they met or things they otherwise wouldn't have done had they not clubbed solo?

I went once to the factory alone. I was o k with it but walking to the club alone was a bit nerve racking. I wouldnt do it again. SAFETY in numbers....for females. Midtown is not the safest of neighborhoods. Considering my car got broken into two blocks away from the factory<all the parking lots were filled>. Just my two cents...

~Sue

I guess I'm an exception - I've never gone to a club with friends! None of my friends have IDs, so it's go alone or don't go at all. I think it's great fun and I always find someone to kick it with for most of the night. Especially if you're rollng, someone's bound to "adopt" you or vice versa. I go to raves with groups of friends sometimes, and that just as fun only in a different way - going alone is good because you can dance when you wanna dance, sit when you wanna sit, and you don't have to worry about keeping track or taking care of other people. I find it a lot easier to let go of my inhibitions and have a good time when I'm not surrounded by people I go to school with or work with, etc.

------------------

"Nothing makes one more vain than being told one is a sinner."

I've had plenty of fun, once I'm in the club, meeting new people. I definitely agree that it can be fun wandering around and chilling with new people. I'm pretty good at raving and I find that some of my best nights out are when I hang with other good ravers and learn new stuff from them and bug people out. I'd have to say that for me personally, I'd be to shy to actually go to the club alone though. I definitely need to be with other people when I first get there.

if any of 'your people' are truely your friends, they will go clubbing with you even if they are not in to the scene.

That is so not true!!! A lot of my friends from college out grew rollin & prefer the Trendy Lounge Scene. When my other friends (ppl i go clubbin with can't or don't wanna go)...I neva ask my sorority sisters...cause I know they would neva step foot in twilo but, that doesn't mean they're not my good friends.

My 2 cents

Dj cwm9.gif

I've definately gone out alone before and had a great time but I've only done it a few times in my life. The worst thing is when the bouncer at the door says how many & you're like 1 & then you feel like a dumbass but its all good. The finest looking girl I've ever hooked up with in my life I met in Paris on a night out alone. She was an underwear model & I was in heaven. It never would of happened if I hadn't....gone out alone.

I've definately gone out alone before and had a great time but I've only done it a few times in my life. The worst thing is when the bouncer at the door says how many & you're like 1 & then you feel like a dumbass but its all good. The finest looking girl I've ever hooked up with in my life I met in Paris on a night out alone. She was an underwear model & I was in heaven. It never would of happened if I hadn't....gone out alone.

Wow there was a whole time period where I constantly went clubbing alone. I could care less. When everyone wants to do other things and ur still in the clubbing phase then who needs friends. I had a great time alone 2, no one 2 cater to. With the right drugs u also become a social butterfly and meet so many peeps. If u haven't done it yet I suggest u all do. cwm35.gif