Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP @ Roxy Review

last night wasn't bad, jp sounded quite a bit different than his usual spirit track selection though. i've heard better out of him.

started off kinda rough, got on line and the shit was ridiculous, long as hell, haven't seen a line that long since pvd or tiesto days when they used to spin there. waited on line for probably a good hour if not longer. ended up getting in finally a little after 2 am. def saw a lot of sheisty bouncer shit going on, i fucking hate the bouncers at roxy, always the same people and they're always acting retarded.

anyway, finally got in, i didn't think it was that packed at all though. compared to some of those big nights with international talent, the place was full, but it was by no means packed. just the right amount of people, plenty of room to dance. wasn't really feeling his track selection early on, but around 330 he started to get harder and then was just dropping crazy crazy shit. although i do like it more when he keeps it more progressive and not as hard, but i guess it fit the theme though.

anyway, good night, too bad i couldn't really drink, had a birthday shot but i was trying to take it easy. nice seeing ya daniele, thanks for the happy birthday. wish i coulda met more of the cp folk.

My Review:

Waited in line for a good hour and half. Finally got in around 2:30am. Place was packed. I really enjoyed the music until....wtf is this "sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy" Sorry but that song was painful to listen too. As far as the shows.... I dunno they got boring to me after a while. Around 6am it started dyin out. I stayed until around 9am. Anyone know about this DVD they made? Curious if a CD is coming out with it and when it will come out. Anyway, looking forward to seeing JP this weekend in CT.

shit i must have left just before that, dammit. love that track. i kept waiting for it.

I must have just missed it too :( ...I would have loved to stay a little longer but my friend was dying in her stripper boots. I actually had no problem getting in around 12:30. I guess u guys should start dressing in drag and kissing the bouncers' asses because I just went up and said I had advanced tix and they let us right in. I thought JP was ok, a little bit monotonous, but I was really disappointed in the whole S&M deal...that flyer made it seem like it was really going to be different and it was the same old shows as always. Not too many people dressed up in S&M gear either.

anyway, good night, too bad i couldn't really drink, had a birthday shot but i was trying to take it easy. nice seeing ya daniele, thanks for the happy birthday. wish i coulda met more of the cp folk.

not to be a complete dick but maybe you should change your SN from "ovrdose"to "lightweight"?...it was your birthday, and you had to take it easy and you had A shot....

i think i mentioned that i had a 104 fever earlier in the week, somehow pounding shots didn't seem like a good idea just yet.

not to be a complete dick but maybe you should change your SN from "ovrdose"to "lightweight"?...it was your birthday, and you had to take it easy and you had A shot....