Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Come On Yankees

pjunger

I am an avid Yankees fan, but this up and down (win, lose, win, lose) streak they are on is absolutely killing me. So far I am 4-1 in games I have been to.. so maybe it means I need to go to more games so they can get their act together. I dont know but what do you New Yorkers think about our mighty Yankees start to the season??

First things first... The Yanks have done this many times. And reason in my opinion is because every year they have new players. And that takes time to get everyone to click. Get the order right. And work out the kinks.

Pitching is looking like shit. And the bottom of the line up is miserable.

I think they need to toss a heavy hitter somewhere down in the line up to mix it up and get some runs after the lead off guys get on like they have been doing all of April.

Torre has to get into the game more. They have to stop sitting back and hoping things are going to turn around. They have to make things happen. Not just wait for them to happen.

They need to sit Giambi more and play Tino and Phillips more.

And they need to seriously think of getting some pitchers before the deadline.

I think ( And yeah I am repeating myself ) that they need to try Sturtze in the starting rotation and see how he can perform. They have nothing to lose at this point.

First things first... The Yanks have done this many times. And reason in my opinion is because every year they have new players. And that takes time to get everyone to click. Get the order right. And work out the kinks.

Pitching is looking like shit. And the bottom of the line up is miserable.

I think they need to toss a heavy hitter somewhere down in the line up to mix it up and get some runs after the lead off guys get on like they have been doing all of April.

Torre has to get into the game more. They have to stop sitting back and hoping things are going to turn around. They have to make things happen. Not just wait for them to happen.

They need to sit Giambi more and play Tino and Phillips more.

And they need to seriously think of getting some pitchers before the deadline.

I think ( And yeah I am repeating myself ) that they need to try Sturtze in the starting rotation and see how he can perform. They have nothing to lose at this point.

i agree with u on tino and giambi. Tino shows hard work evertime he steps onto the field. For instance, who saw his catch over the railing? that wuz an amazing catch

The Yankees seriously need to be able to string together games when they're both hitting and pitching well. Maybe they shouldn't have blowouts, because it seems like they've been jinxing themselves right after every time they do so. Like Johnson losing right after the Yanks beat the Devil Rays 19-8, and then again after A-Rod's 10-RBI night (which they followed with just 3 runs total in 3 games). It's the Curse of the Rodrigo. :)

Kevin Brown wasn't too bad last night, but got no run support

And tonight against the Blue Jays, Johnson pitched well and went the distance, but got outpitched by Halladay

Since it's been so long since his last opportunity, I wonder if Rivera still remembers how to save games LOL.