Clubplanet Nightlife Community

8 million people and party downtime?

I was wondering how we live in a city of 8 million people and we don't have a better option than Discotheque for keeping afterhours alive? It seems to me that there should be enough people to fuel at least one party at any point in time, 24/7. Or at least, something to keep the party alive from Friday night to Monday morning. Does anybody else find this strange?

(And yes I think this would be perfectly economically viable for the owners if there were a high cover charge and some overpriced food being sold)

wut are you talking bout theres like 5 parties that are after hrs on weekends, and some during the week. Theres a saying SOme of thebest parties are the ones that are not on a messageboard. In this city there is at least 4 to 5 parties every night of the week more on certain nights. Seek them out and meet different people and you will see for yourself.

wut are you talking bout theres like 5 parties that are after hrs on weekends, and some during the week. Theres a saying SOme of thebest parties are the ones that are not on a messageboard. In this city there is at least 4 to 5 parties every night of the week more on certain nights. Seek them out and meet different people and you will see for yourself.

And how many of these are NOT in some kid's basement in New Jersey? Ie I'm not going to Fuel on Sunday afternoon...

lmao yes all the top dj's, elitist and the jetset all wind up in some kids basement in nj... lmao

Maybe you'd like to give me an example then? When I get out of a club in the middle of the afternoon with loud traffic and glaring sunlight, the last thing I want to do is go on a mission to find another party. Which is the whole point of having something known and established. There's been a few places that come to mind, like Darklight... but have been shortlived.

A place that I DJ'ed at not too long ago sometimes throws after hours parties. It's called B1 and it's located on E. 45th St. betw. 3rd & Lex. Nice place.

Also, isn't Crobar & Spirit re-igniting the afterhours thing once again. Not that I'd go. Much too old for that unless I just woke up to go to after-hours.

A place that I DJ'ed at not too long ago sometimes throws after hours parties. It's called B1 and it's located on E. 45th St. betw. 3rd & Lex. Nice place.

Also, isn't Crobar & Spirit re-igniting the afterhours thing once again. Not that I'd go. Much too old for that unless I just woke up to go to after-hours.

Ya but "afterhours" isn't the same thing as 24/7. Which I meant LITERALLY when I said "24/7" ...

Ya but "afterhours" isn't the same thing as 24/7. Which I meant LITERALLY when I said "24/7" ...

So let me get this straight, you want a club that doesn't shut its doors period? Try 7-11.

back in the 80s CHICAGOS MUSIC BOX with RON HARDY use to have parties for 72hrs straight and he was the only dj. And also back in the 80s the paradise garages final party weekend was 2 days i believe and the SAINT closing party was just as long. And NO to answer your question there is no place that is open for 24rs straight.

I am pretty sure that in a city of 8 million there are only about 1,000 or 1500 people who are even interested in doing drugs and dancing for 36 hours straight on a sunday at 2pm

Maybe you can get that up to 2500 if you figure that 17 million live in the NYC metro area (NYC + burbs). :funny:

[Let the B&T hating begin]