Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ok... who here likes/dislikes boris

I've heard him spin twice when he was spinning at disco and he is so so in my book... he will consistantly play tight tracks that gets me moving, then mixes in fillers that remind me of jp on bad nights that sound like pots and pans. This dj never took me on a journey. More like 2 bus stops...

anyone else???

I've heard him spin twice when he was spinning at disco and he is so so in my book... he will consistantly play tight tracks that gets me moving, then mixes in fillers that remind me of jp on bad nights that sound like pots and pans. This dj never took me on a journey. More like 2 bus stops...

anyone else???

he's kinda boring... ive heard him spin some decent tracks but never anything consistent.. thanksgiving eve wasn't too bad though...

he's kinda boring... ive heard him spin some decent tracks but never anything consistent.. thanksgiving eve wasn't too bad though...

Thanksgiving Eve everyone was listening to Lawler and Tenaglia!! :bounce:

Boris is an average dj with incredible marketing behind him. Not a bad dj...not really a great one either. His parties are fun..but the crowd makes me wanna :vomit2: So many youngens...hes really turning into the JP of 2003 where all his parties are filled with 18 year olds. He plays alot of tracks that are just released or kinda old...never any exclusive shit...and thats what i wanna hear @ crobar. Shit I wont hear anywhere else. Thats why I like goin to hear David Morales, or Roger Sanchez...cause they wont play Love you some more (calderone remix)...which i love...but they will play out of this world shit...and thats what i need to hear to get me dancing.

I've been given this guy a chance since 2001 and he has yet to 'wow' me. I thik he tries to hard and it all sounds the same (hence the pots and pans reference) but yes, he's got a great marketing team behind, so he is doing well. My friend kept ranting and raving about his bday party about a month ago...I asked him to give me some track ids...the songs he mentioned, Boris was playin back in Sept...basically he finds a great set andn plays it to death...

...I also listened to his latest cd, (given him yet another chance) ...the thing just put me to sleep...

Thanksgiving Eve everyone was listening to Lawler and Tenaglia!! :bounce:

Boris is an average dj with incredible marketing behind him. Not a bad dj...not really a great one either. His parties are fun..but the crowd makes me wanna :vomit2: So many youngens...hes really turning into the JP of 2003 where all his parties are filled with 18 year olds. He plays alot of tracks that are just released or kinda old...never any exclusive shit...and thats what i wanna hear @ crobar. Shit I wont hear anywhere else. Thats why I like goin to hear David Morales, or Roger Sanchez...cause they wont play Love you some more (calderone remix)...which i love...but they will play out of this world shit...and thats what i need to hear to get me dancing.

you are so right, he is the new jp. a boring dj that has a huge following. who can figure for taste. his crowd is young. but he makes the clubs money. djs i know all say the same thing, he is a business dj, like jp, they make clubs money but their hearts dont seem to be into it. boring mixes, boring djs.

Dirty Filthy is an awesome song, but when you put it in a comp. CD and expect people to pay 13 bucks for it AND also play it at all your gigs 9 to 10 months after it was released on vinyl, not even on promo.....in my humble opinion it makes me question how much u really research your music as a DJ. But hey hes playing at crobar and im not so what the hell do i know...

yea he does pick a set and then play it to death. i've heard it myself a few times. he not only plays the same tracks, but in the same exact order too, very weak.

when you got a big name like that use it to your advantage and get shit that no one has heard before, if i wanna listen to dirty filthy now i'd spin it for myself in my room.

and not to open up another can of worms, but boris is no jp.

Dirty Filthy is an awesome song, but when you put it in a comp. CD and expect people to pay 13 bucks for it AND also play it at all your gigs 9 to 10 months after it was released on vinyl, not even on promo.....in my humble opinion it makes me question how much u really research your music as a DJ. But hey hes playing at crobar and im not so what the hell do i know...

Bro i heard u the other night @ sum little lace on 109-110 and Amsterdam, it was sick. in really enjoyed myself, your night that night and track selection was better than a bunch of boris parties i went to.

Lol great marketing??? he gets as much publicity as good fridays at avalon gets as much as jp got at spirit and crobar advertises heavily on fri nights ..but the bottom line is the man consistently packs 3000 ppl and he has a weekly in nyc..he was blowing jp"s numbers out of the water ..so the man is doin something right

so the man is doin something right

yeap, thats what im saying.

not for nothing but for all the ragging that goes on in regards to JP and Boris, they home boys make the clubs big money and bring in the masses, which is what counts at the end of the night.....it is a business after all...still doesnt mean i like either of their styles but you have to give credit where credit is due...

I liked Boris a lot when he spun mostly progressive house, before he changed his sound up to harder, non-progressive beats. Saturdays at Exit were pretty fun when he had the mainfloor. It was actually a great alternative to the mega clubs that were open at the time. No one really cared for him back then, however, and the party didn't really last that long. He also did some pretty phat parties at CPI a few years ago, when the club used to bring him in to do the end-of-the-summer labor day weekend parties.

Overall, I'm actually surprised to see how drastically his popularity has increased as of lately, considering how much he's been ignored over the years. I guess it takes the right promotion and the right party. Then again, he's always been a hard-working dj who will spin at almost any venue.

A friend of mine is good friends with him. He seems like an ok guy. I heard him once or twice and he got me bouncing a bit at Disco once. However, I'm not crazy about his following. It seems like he takes in the bridge & tunnel crowd in excess. So, I usually pass when my friends say that they're going to one of his events.

could be who knows <shrugs>

i know of a few people that like high quality EDM but yet still like the JP/Boris type crowd, vibe and music....its just all a matter of tastes perhaps

his partys have a great vibe ..i like both jp and boris but i also like pvd,judge jules,mauro picotto,james zabiela,carl cox,john 00 fleming etc doesnt matter to me if its prog,trance,tech or house as long as its great music

I am very good friends with Boris and one of his main guys on his promtional team...

you will never make everyone happy...but the bottom line is the numbers and the facts...

the numbers are consitantly over 3000 plus at crobar on nights when he spins (some may say that is attributed to the club itself) but the bottom line is that crobar base crowd is 1000 or so .....

as for the crowd...i have been to crobar on other nights and I think the crowd at Boris parties is one of the best, but i also have a large group of friend who i chill with and could care less about the rest of the club.......

a club to me (crowdwise) is only as good as the crew that you roll with ...but everoyne has their likes and dislikes....i can only speak for myself...

ONLY A TRUE MORON WOULD SPEAK FOR OTHERS.....

some facts...Boris' has been doing his things for years.....remember BIG fridays....that was one of the first parties i started going to .....then carbon ..and wherever else he ended up .....

I see the boring boris comments all the time...and of course ...to each his own . i used to make them mylsef....I hated his sets....till about 2 years ago in the hamptons...i heard him spin ..and had a sick night....then started to give him a chances again....

to me ..I think he is one of the most consistant dj''s....I walk into his parties and from the start to finish i am moving and having a good time....now I am no music expert who sits there and analzyes every single track that is played...and knows the date they were produced and this and that .....so maybe that is why i have a better time then most....

maybe some of you need to lighten up ....stop the hating ...go out and have a good time.....don't take this shit so damn serious.......cause i tell ya something ...the money he makes crobar is going to keep him around for some time.....wheter anyone likes him or not.

stop comparing boris' and jp cause that is absoultely retarded....

if you don't like him...simply don't go .......

i knwo a good party when i see one...and have had a great time since may 2004 when he started his residency at Crobar..

just my 02.

party on ...lol

I am in no way Bashing any DJ that supports House Music no matter what style it happens to be. But I must say this, I have heard Boris spin a few times and from a DJ's point of view he has no real fire. The crowd has a vibe going and that is what makes people come out week after week. His track selection to me is very monotnus(?) and generic. I myself am a DJ that thrives on adding funk and soul to my sets, it breaks up the genericness of the set.

I love listening to Morillo when he is completely on point, Not Big Room Morillo where he falls into that rut and you have to wait till 8am to hear alittle funk. Morillo when he is banging the hard shit and throwing in some more funkier shit in between. Just keeping it fresh.

I personally think that if Boris did that he would be that much better of a DJ, and he wouldn't have the "Pots & Pans" lable stuck on him.

I heard him play in Miami while he was doing a pool party at the hotel next to the National (I think it was the Sagamore but I am not sure). I was eating dinner at the National with friends and a few Italian promoters. We were there for over 4 hrs talking and drinking, and the whole time I heard nothing electrifing comming from his set. Just the same mono tone Hard 4 beat for hours, it almost became annoying.

I am not bashing him at all because he has the promoters behind him and he has a following a hell of alot bigger than I do, and he is also Crobar's Resident. None of which I have right now, so he is deffently doing something right. But the world is bigger than NYC and IMO if he keeps just banging the same generic shit he will only be a NYC DJ. I only say that because I have not ever seen anything about him anywhere else outside of the Tri State.

That's my .02 Take it for what it is worth.