Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SOx/Mets fans

10 yrs in the making you have been hoping the Yanks fall apart , and as of right now in early May your all creaming your pants and rightfully so , but it is still early..

I recall being down 14 games in JULY!!! and coming back on some team that choked on horsecock for 86 yrs , so dont write us off so quickly

my question to MEts/Sox fans do you consider your OBSESSION with the yankees is at an equal level with the passion you have for your own respective loser franchises?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 yrs in the making you have been hoping the Yanks fall apart , and as of right now in early May your all creaming your pants and rightfully so , but it is still early..

I recall being down 14 games in JULY!!! and coming back on some team that choked on horsecock for 86 yrs , so dont write us off so quickly

my question to MEts/Sox fans do you consider your OBSESSION with the yankees is at an equal level with the passion you have for your own respective loser franchises?

funny you're talking about our obsession with your team yet you're the one dedicating threads to us :aright:

It's because you Yankee fans talk THE MOST SHIT then any other teams. Most of the fans on here really haven't lived through despair like you're having now. So now the bandwagons fans panic and want to spend another $100 million to fix the mess, all the bad moves, and try to fix the terrible moves you made last offseason.

How's Contreras?

How's Vasquez?

How's El Duque?

And the funniest thing in all this - Look how well the D'Backs are playing now that Johnson is gone :laugh:

Is Randy gonna be put in the "CANCER" category as A-Rod now?

thank you for not keeping Miguel Cairo! :biggrin:

It's because you Yankee fans talk THE MOST SHIT then any other teams. Most of the fans on here really haven't lived through despair like you're having now. So now the bandwagons fans panic and want to spend another $100 million to fix the mess, all the bad moves, and try to fix the terrible moves you made last offseason.

How's Contreras?

How's Vasquez?

How's El Duque?

And the funniest thing in all this - Look how well the D'Backs are playing now that Johnson is gone :laugh:

Let's not forget Lieber...he seems to be having a decent year :laugh:

How's Contreras?

How's Vasquez?

How's El Duque?

if i am not mistaken...the yanks didnt start the winning tradition again till around 94....being born in 77 i missed all the great yankee teams until then...so i do know what i was like to have a losing team...

How's Contreras?

How's Vasquez?

How's El Duque?

you can add Wright to that list..

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha.

Your team has no upside, it can only get worse, and all the frontrunner bandwaggon fans know this. An example is last series the yanks were trailing by 2 runs going into the 8th and people were leaving. By the 9th the place looked like TB on a weekday.

I know its early, but you can not really make any moves down the stretch just like last year. This is your team and that wight/brown combo is not going to get er done.

On to my team, I like the fact that we are playing well with our #1 and #2 on the DL and only 2 homeruns from out infield. Our #4 and #5 guys are 7-1 with a 2 something era. We have upside, we have tha ability to make some trades. Our team really has not started to hit yet, while most of your bats are hitting (jeter/arod/scheff).

Anyway go mets, I hope they take NY.

Look at the schedule for the rest of May:

May 6 OAK 7:05 p.m. ET

May 7 OAK 1:05 p.m. ET

May 8 OAK 1:05 p.m. ET

May 9 SEA 7:05 p.m. ET

May 10 SEA 7:05 p.m. ET

May 11 SEA 1:05 p.m. ET

May 13 @ OAK 10:05 p.m. ET

May 14 @ OAK 9:05 p.m. ET

May 15 @ OAK 4:05 p.m. ET

May 16 @ SEA 10:05 p.m. ET

May 17 @ SEA 10:05 p.m. ET

May 18 @ SEA 10:05 p.m. ET

May 20 @ NYM 7:10 p.m. ET

May 21 @ NYM 1:15 p.m. ET

May 22 @ NYM 1:10 p.m. ET

May 24 DET 7:05 p.m. ET

May 25 DET 7:05 p.m. ET

May 26 DET 7:05 p.m. ET

May 27 BOS 7:05 p.m. ET

May 28 BOS 1:15 p.m. ET

May 29 BOS 8:05 p.m. ET

Not the easiest thing in the world...and it would be the Mets and Red Sox putting the final nails in the Yankee Coffin. They could be done by the end of May ahahahahahaahhaaha

all points well taken , agree on a lot.

Yanks have dug a huge hole but still 4/5 oof the season left and there is a lot of talent on the team that they can make a push.

Cashman will be the first to go obviously since Joe just signed a long contract and Cash is up this yr. He is not solely responsible for all the bad moves. Tampa and George control alot of whats going on ...ALthough Cash is directly responsible for underestimating Lieber and trading for K Brown

Id rather start with dumping MEl stottelmyer

ANd if they fail to make the post season for the first time in like 10 yrs i dont see it being the end forever , its not like George is not going to spend more or decrease the payroll Bernie and K Brown money coming off the books this yr.... i havnt even seen the F.A market for next yr

my point of the thread was just that it seems so sad that some people are so obsessed with the yankees and if they are winning or losing it seems like they dont even know or care about there own team

my point of the thread was just that it seems so sad that some people are so obsessed with the yankees and if they are winning or losing it seems like they dont even know or care about there own team

I can't watch my Mets on TV so I guess that's why I'm all over it :(

all points well taken , agree on a lot.

Yanks have dug a huge hole but still 4/5 oof the season left and there is a lot of talent on the team that they can make a push.

Cashman will be the first to go obviously since Joe just signed a long contract and Cash is up this yr. He is not solely responsible for all the bad moves. Tampa and George control alot of whats going on ...ALthough Cash is directly responsible for underestimating Lieber and trading for K Brown

Id rather start with dumping MEl stottelmyer

ANd if they fail to make the post season for the first time in like 10 yrs i dont see it being the end forever , its not like George is not going to spend more or decrease the payroll Bernie and K Brown money coming off the books this yr.... i havnt even seen the F.A market for next yr

I feel bad for cashman, guy got screwed.

The only cf on the maret next year is damon. (maybe cameron??)

Starting pitchers are zito, kip wells, and it gets worse from there. Once sheets/hudson/mulder/santana were taken of the market it became a crap shoot. (i think they are all off, not sure about hudson)

??I could be missing people??

I don't blame any of you Boston or Mets fans for kicking us while we are down. We've been doing that to you fuckers for years, so it is expected for u guys to return the favor after this poor start. Yes, all the Yankee bandwagon fans have left the building and Im glad to see them go, but the true Yankee faithfulls will be here all year long. So to all the haters, congrats you win round 1. We'll get ours in due time.

I don't blame any of you Boston or Mets fans for kicking us while we are down. We've been doing that to you fuckers for years, so it is expected for u guys to return the favor after this poor start. Yes, all the Yankee bandwagon fans have left the building and Im glad to see them go, but the true Yankee faithfulls will be here all year long. So to all the haters, congrats you win round 1. We'll get ours in due time.

due time...likely not...

you guys havent won in 5 years and wont for at least another 5

Mets will win the World Series before the Yankees win another one

due time...likely not...

you guys havent won in 5 years and wont for at least another 5

Mets will win the World Series before the Yankees win another one

This coming from a fan whose team hasn't won the big one since 86. :rofl:

Round and round we go.

Cashman is gonna take the fall, but all these moves are Georges... Cashman wanted Vlad, George wanted Scheff, guess who won? Cashman wanted Beltran, George wanted RJ, guess who won? Cashman didn't let Leiber go. He was planning to sign him at a cheaper price because he didn't think Leiber was worth $8 mill a year. Then the "mediocre" pitching market exploded (Milton, Wright, Leiber, Clement, Benson etc) and the price went through the roof... I disagree about the Yankees being finished if they don't make the playoffs. They still got a good nucleus on offense. (Jeter, A-Rod, Matsui, Scheff) They also got 3 good starters (RJ, Moose, & Pavano) and Rivera. The rest of holes are fixable. They also got about $50 million in contracts coming off the books next year...

I can't really say I'm surprised. George bought a ton of players in the 70's and that ruined the team in the 80's Then he got suspended from baseball for a couple of years and during that time Gene Michael rebuilt the farm system... Now it seems it has come full circle again...