Clubplanet Nightlife Community

looking out for someone

making sure that they are comfortable in any way possible, and if not, attempting to get them out the hole, and feeling good. wether they are under the influence, or not. Always have to make sure that everyone around is happy. smile.gif

------------------

"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

"Sometimes there is so much beauty in the world i feel i can't take it. and i feel like my heart is gonna cave in" -American Beauty

K and Erm...there is only one thing to say that will express my feelings about you guys......HAAAAAABUUUURRRBB

No Pleasure, No Rapture, No Exquisite Sin Greater....Than Central Air. - Dogma

"I can walk in straight lines, within my own crooked world" -a drunken Aramis Ponte

tw.jpg

depends on the circumstances. are you talking about a situation in a party scene where someone has overdone it? in this situation, i'd do whatever it took to make sure they are okay - the first, second and third time. after that, i'd have to tell them to cool it and get a grip on themselves. if you're talking about someone who is your best friend and is going through a breakup or other unpleasant situation that lasts over a period of time, i have all the patience in the world with them. true friendship is all about support throughout the good times and the bad!

When it comes to looking after a friend, I am the queen. I've been put into some crazy situations where if I wasn't looking out for my buddy, some serious damamge could have happened. This one time, a friend of mine got into it with a complete stranger on the street. They were about to fight and I physically grabbed my friend, who weighs 100 pounds more than me, and dragged him away putting myself between him and the street psycho.

As for everyday situations, I always make sure that my friends are well taken care of. From buying drinks (if anyone is short on cash, to taking them out for a good time. And if anyone talks s**t to me or my pals, I am the defender. cwm30.gif

------------------

I've got plans, lots of 'em.

It's all very easy...

Willing to sacrifice a moment of ones time to attend to another's needs whether severe or mild, in order to ensure comfort and pleasure.

cwm7.gifcwm1.gif

I am always willing to give a moment to someone if it means that they are taken care of. I don't think twice about it. For example: taking an hour out of my evening to walk around a club with a friend who is suffering from painful tummie butterflies, without thinking twice about that hour of time sacrificed (someone once did this for me...and I will never forget it).

cwm7.gifcwm1.gifcwm11.gif

Originally posted by joeydollaz:

what if u saw a stranger in trouble ?

would you help then as if u knew them or ignore it ?

In 90% of circumstances I'd help them. There are the ocassions where helping someone else does put you in danger or someone you are close to in danger...unless that's the case and you have to make that kind of tough call (and it is a very very tough call) then absolutely help them.

I'd hope that in a case like that I'm able to, at the very least, find someone else who would be able to provide them with what ever kind of support they'd need.

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image."

Originally posted by apotheosis:

When you say you'll look out for someone, what exactly do you mean?

How far will you really go? Honesty.

I know what your trying to do here, and I swear mikey, I didn't steal your Go-Bots video! Stop taunting me with your posts about empathy and love for "the other guy". Your hurting my chest! I was looking out for you the whole time!

-mch

GOOD SIDE: When I look after someone I am putting them FIRST for a specific amout of time, I come second.

ie: when someone asks me to look out while they bump, the next 15 mins is theres (if they ask/if I accept).

Strangers: depending on their safety situation, YES I will tend to them.

and now the bad side...

Impostor: I know who you are.

I can analize you, find your deepest insecurities, and rip you apart to the level of crying in self pity. The best of all is the fact that I can do this using all 100% truth.

Please go elsewhere.

you truly do not understand nor deserve what I offer.

------------------

Use email DJmikeDR@aol.com

PM way too slow!

GOOD SIDE: When I look after someone I am putting them FIRST for a specific amout of time, I come second.

ie: when someone asks me to look out while they bump, the next 15 mins is theres (if they ask/if I accept).

Strangers: depending on their safety situation, YES I will tend to them.

and now the bad side...

Impostor: I know who you are.

I can analize you, find your deepest insecurities, and rip you apart to the level of crying in self pity. The best of all is the fact that I can do this using all 100% truth.

Please go elsewhere.

you truly do not understand nor deserve what I offer.

WOOOOA!!! There is no need to start drama. Look, I personally don't care if you stole this dickface's go-bot video. That's between you and him.

But when I see Jedi-mind-trick threats I cannot sit by silently. His chest is already hurting, why do you have to make matters worse? That made me sick

cwm30.gif peace out cwm30.gif

One Love cwm9.gif

PLUR cwm8.gif

Originally posted by optimusprime:

WOOOOA!!! There is no need to start drama. Look, I personally don't care if you stole this dickface's go-bot video. That's between you and him.

But when I see Jedi-mind-trick threats I cannot sit by silently. His chest is already hurting, why do you have to make matters worse? That made me sick

/

and your support of an "imposter" isn't sick?

*yawn*

------------------

PM way too slow!

If we are talking about partying, I think there really should be no limit. However if you have a friend/party buddy who always over does it... and you end up taking care of them, I think you have to speak with them and than maybe distance yourself from them.

I had a person I used to party with on occasion and everytime you are around her, she overdoes it and puts stress on the entire group. I have had to distance myself from her, cause it has become no fun at all.

Originally posted by stacychase:

However if you have a friend/party buddy who always over does it... and you end up taking care of them, I think you have to speak with them and than maybe distance yourself from them..

yes, I had to do that as well, I basically called her game and told her what she does, that I know she does that on purpose, and I will never help her again.

It really hurt, but it had to be done.

------------------

PM way too slow!

sometimes it's a fine line between being a supporter and a good friend, and being an enabler.

Fortunately, the people I hang out with most often don't over do it when partying, so they don't need my help in that sense. thank goodness.

I guess I've never really been in a situation where I've been put to the test on how far I'd go. that's a good thing. it means I have more to give than has been asked of me.

yes, I had to do that as well, I basically called her game and told her what she does, that I know she does that on purpose, and I will never help her again.

It really hurt, but it had to be done.

coming from someone who is ALWAYS in control around others, always on the look out, always helping out strangers (hey its my career dammit) always , and i mean always even when drinkin, smokin up, etc, always tryin to keep her wits about her, it felt good that for the maybe the 4th time in my life, i let someone else take control on sat. someone i felt i could trust, maybe even for a few min. at a time to let myself go, to loose control that i am usually so used to having. thank you so much! talk about a major stress off my shoulders. you know who you are. that's what it's about, and yes i would help a stranger in need, if i'm put in danger then what good am i, it would be time to call in the back up at that point.

------------------

"Well you think i'd leave ya lonely... you know me better than that... if you'd think i'd leave you down when your down on your knees... well i wouldnt do that.. you're so much better than you know..."

I'd say looking out for someone is mainly being willing to do the right thing if there's a problem, without being too concerned about getting into trouble yourself. For example, if a friend of mine took some bad E needed to go to the hospital, I'd take them and stick it out even though my parents would find out and never let me leave the house again!

------------------

"Nothing makes one more vain than being told one is a sinner."

I'd say...

Looking out for someone means that you are 100% willing to put your joy/pleasure/comfort/fun secondary to theirs for what ever reason they may need at that moment.

Granted, this can be taken advantage of but if the gift of truly being there for them is resipricated, the balance between you and them will come naturally and looking out for them will turn into you looking out for eachother.

There's no other way to be whether the circumstance is partying or simply having an open door policy with that person in your day to day lives.

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image."