Clubplanet Nightlife Community

whats the deal

Let me preface this by saying that I am not from NYC, but I love house/techno music.

But can someone tell me what the deal with these clubs in the meat market area? And what's up with this guestlist BS they throw at you? I found out that Willie Graff was scheduled for Cielo last night, and since I heard him at a club in PHilly sometimes back, I decided to take a trip to NYC to check him out again. Anyway - it took an arm and leg to get to NYC with all the traffic in New Jersey - and then it was an additional pain in the ass to find parking around there. Almost 3 hours spent in the car by the time I got there. By the time, I got there - guess what? the door guy was "OH You gotta be on the list" Same thing with the clubs around there. Funny, cause there were european tourists standing in front of me holding passports - I am sure they were on the guestlist - and they got in. I am not here to commiserate, but to find out what I can do next time so I don't waste my fucking time.

But I did manage to salvage whatever night I had left at Spirit/Crobar.

Most NYC clubs aren't like that, but you happened on the worst one. Cielo is a great club - great space, great DJs, great vibe - but it's fucking hard to get in on the weekends. Most other clubs that feature house/techno DJs (crobar, spirit, sullivan room, avalon, etc.) will almost never turn people away.

willie graff is an amazing dj had a great time hearing him last night. Most place around the meat packing district are not my style at all for sooooooooo many reasons. But with the talent that cielo brings in and the soundsytem it is one of my fave clubs in nyc along with sullivan room. Were you alone? I would offer to walk you in next time but sometimes that doesnt help all my peoples. And its a tough business the door at a location like that. Sorry to hear bout that. Next time shoot me a pm.

willie graff is an amazing dj had a great time hearing him last night. Most place around the meat packing district are not my style at all for sooooooooo many reasons. But with the talent that cielo brings in and the soundsytem it is one of my fave clubs in nyc along with sullivan room. Were you alone? I would offer to walk you in next time but sometimes that doesnt help all my peoples. And its a tough business the door at a location like that. Sorry to hear bout that. Next time shoot me a pm.[/QUOT

you da man!!! how come you never made that offer to me :mad:

the offer has alwasy been around for anyone john. Read my other cielo party posts.

relax gabe, just funnin ya. please pm me when that video comes out. want to get it for tristan. by the way he will be at mission next thursday, starting about 9, try to go if you can.

last nite was a great nite at cielo.,. sorry you couldnt get in dude.,. once willie gaff got going it was pretty thumpin.,. gotta send much love to gabe for getting me in those first few times.,. dunno what id do without ya buuuuddddyyyyy

yo technical:

i was there last nite for willie graff...he was awesome! and the place was pumpin'; the guy at the door asked me the same thing about a guest list but when he saw my hot girlfriend he just opened the rope for us...i advise you to get a hot girlfriend...

yo technical:

i was there last nite for willie graff...he was awesome! and the place was pumpin'; the guy at the door asked me the same thing about a guest list but when he saw my hot girlfriend he just opened the rope for us...i advise you to get a hot girlfriend...

Hot transexuals don't cut it freak. Next time you come one here trying to be Mr. Macho I'm gonna cram my fist down your throat and make you post on cooljunkie.

:half:

Hot transexuals don't cut it freak. Next time you come one here trying to be Mr. Macho I'm gonna cram my fist down your throat and make you post on cooljunkie.

i'm a clubber not a fighter...but i'll make an exception for you...if i ever see you at any meatpacking club i'll mess you up so bad even your mother won't recognize you...

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

u crack me up girl.,. what would this voard be without ur smartass comments?

Most NYC clubs aren't like that, but you happened on the worst one. Cielo is a great club - great space, great DJs, great vibe - but it's fucking hard to get in on the weekends. Most other clubs that feature house/techno DJs (crobar, spirit, sullivan room, avalon, etc.) will almost never turn people away.

I should have realized what these clubs are all about - for the most part, a bunch of elitist snobby hang out places. Kinda makes you wonder where club music is heading nowadays? what i like about house/techno is how the music is able to stay away from main stream media, and hence it it able to be evolved without being blemished or hindered by class, race, or other social boundaries. but what do you have now? the top dj's coupled with the most elitist and pompous clubs - where you have to break an arm and leg to even catch a glimpse - and to hear music which is supposed to be without boundaries? Fuck that! Can anybody see the irony in this relationship? yeah i understand that these clubs have an "IMAGE" to maintain, therefore you must have the prerequisite model appearance to sustain their mythical lore and pretension. But I still find it perturbing that music lovers get fucked like that. Anyway have a nice day folks.

hmmm.,. well.,. i think ur just jealous.,. and btw.,. a lot of people in these "pompous" "elitist" clubs dont look like models.......... some do, but i think that speaks for everywhere you go in new york.,. but if you this cielo was bad, what about places like lotus and NA? what about "members only" clubs? this is just the way the world works, get over it...

hmmm.,. well.,. i think ur just jealous.,. and btw.,. a lot of people in these "pompous" "elitist" clubs dont look like models.......... some do, but i think that speaks for everywhere you go in new york.,. but if you this cielo was bad, what about places like lotus and NA? what about "members only" clubs? this is just the way the world works, get over it...

exactly...NYC lounges = ugly people in expensive clothes who think they're $$$...truth is most of them dont have a dime to their name or an once of brains between their ears...it sucks, but you just have to deal with it...

There are more "good looking" people at Crobar than there are at Lotus or NA anyhow.

sorry to hear that you couldnt get into cielo for willie graff.. wich is odd but maybe because it was a saturday they were more strict at the door.i always walk in with no problem but ofcourse the guy see's me there sometimes on weekdays so i guess you would have to been going there for a lil while before he remembers you or whateva.so pm Silverbull next time lol 1

seriously though the best looking crowd i ever seen at a lounge in the city recently was at Pink Elephant

True, Pink Elephant has the hottest chicks. That place blew up after Bruce Willis took some girl on a date there, now I guess most of the models in the city are trying to get laid by celebrities there.

Whats up Jess. anwyay, I am not jealous because I am not into these lounges where people congregate to say that they are the shit 'cause they got in. as i wrote in my original post - the only reason i came was to check out the music - and check out the man willie graff. i don't know how to distinguish these clubs cain from na from anything else - as far as i am conerned, all the cool people can go there. i am first a music lover and secondly, a tourist. i check out the schedule to see who's playing whom i might be interested in checking out.

You know what the fucked up thing is? After all this shit, I might actually try to get back into the city to check out see Willie graff at Willie Graff in the future.

peace