Clubplanet Nightlife Community

sooooo....how was last night @nocturnal

raincry

Edgar was't there last night! It was Rudnick in the main room and Greg (Stryke) on the patio.

Get with the program! verruekte_018.gif

ugh! i'm living in the future....i think i need to go back to bed.

but u didn't answer the ? on how it was :)

http://www.cooljunkie.com/forums/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=15833

pics here

1) the front door was a bit problematic . the crowd outside was less but yet it took longer to get in

in no way is it a criticism of the door. completly understandable since it was the opening weekend. there were tons of lists. though it seems the front door girl didnt seem to know or acknowledge that shawn rudnick or Greg had a list.

with Space down the street open beforehand with open bar i heard a few people in line remarking "lets just hit space"...

Obviously space will always have a crowd regardless but hopefully the door is easier as the weeks pass.... (im sure it will).....

if it wasnt for Dade saving the day myself, eric, seth and maria would have been out there a lot longer

thanks Dade for looking out....-class act.....

2) finally got to check out the main room and vip room. the vip (hip hop room is awesome-great sound) - love how the dj booth is on a little stage.

3) the upstairs area is great. I love the video walls that show the people throughout. took us a while to figure out where the

camera was (on the dj booth ) since we got on it several times

it was very crowded up there but crowded with insanly hot women so that was definitly a plus

the upstairs area doesnt have much room to negotiate which is a pain but the same thing happens at space every sat so its no biggie

4) shawn's set was very good (Amika sounding set), whether that will be Shawn's format for Nocturnal on sat from now on im not sure. Thought would have liked it abit more underground... though shawn never had the time to get to that point since he came off and came back on and didnt have a regular uninterrupted set. nevertheless still had a great time liseting to his set (some ids in my review)

5) grey goose and bacardi open bar till 1 nice stuff

6) it got really hot inside for some reason (was their an a/c issue?)

7) the dj that tag teamed with shawn ....kinda took down the vibe shawn set...... dont know who the dj was. it was like the style went from funky house to "space style" house just like that and it left the crowd wondering

8. stryke killed it on the patio- the patio rocks...........

9) best show ive seen from dancers yet. (girls in body paint taking their body paint off to the point of being topless....... awesome stuff)

10) lots of dancers in main room and patio loved thier interaction with crowd. (i think nocturnal uses the same dance troupe that amika uses because one of the dancers came up to me that i recognized from AMIKA )

11) few technical issues on patio with the sound sytem (its opening weekend its understandable)

12) kyro machines in full effect tonite... the lights are sick on the patio love it...........

track ids and details in my review late this week......

...Shawn's set was very good (Amika sounding set), whether that will be Shawn's format for Nocturnal on sat from now on im not sure...

So much for hoping to catch him at Nocturnal then. I think I'll pass.

Did you tally up the 'Pump Up the Jam' count? :D

0 times. though i heard oscar g played it at space early on by 1230 i heard he dropped it already oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lol

talked to shawn his upcoming sets where hopefully he plays longer he will play amika sounding tunes at first then get more underground later on.......in nite

I was at Space from 4am till 8am and "Pump up the Jam" was played 3 times and sampled 1. WTF!!! :splat:

Guest onisakura

The door was a mess, the french guy saying he didn't have the list then when i called AJ he told me that he handed it to him personally then when they finally decided to let us in, the didn't even ask us our names to check against the list. THEN there was this mess about a yellow band to get into the patio. Whatever, i finally got upstairs and decided not to leave just in case. No worries there, Greg killed that patio.

Im sure those glitches will be ironed out in the next few weeks and it was all worth the effort. The club is beautiful, the sound is unparalleled and all in all my new favorite spot.

I might just have to come to miami a little more often. :)

The door was a mess, the french guy saying he didn't have the list then when i called AJ he told me that he handed it to him personally then when they finally decided to let us in, the didn't even ask us our names to check against the list. THEN there was this mess about a yellow band to get into the patio. Whatever, i finally got upstairs and decided not to leave just in case. No worries there, Greg killed that patio.

Im sure those glitches will be ironed out in the next few weeks and it was all worth the effort. The club is beautiful, the sound is unparalleled and all in all my new favorite spot.

I might just have to come to miami a little more often. :)

next saturday , Stryke & Edgar bitch !! :rock:

http://www.cooljunkie.com/forums/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=15833

pics here

1) the front door was a bit problematic . the crowd outside was less but yet it took longer to get in

in no way is it a criticism of the door. completly understandable since it was the opening weekend. there were tons of lists. though it seems the front door girl didnt seem to know or acknowledge that shawn rudnick or Greg had a list.

with Space down the street open beforehand with open bar i heard a few people in line remarking "lets just hit space"...

Obviously space will always have a crowd regardless but hopefully the door is easier as the weeks pass.... (im sure it will).....

if it wasnt for Dade saving the day myself, eric, seth and maria would have been out there a lot longer

thanks Dade for looking out....-class act.....

2) finally got to check out the main room and vip room. the vip (hip hop room is awesome-great sound) - love how the dj booth is on a little stage.

3) the upstairs area is great. I love the video walls that show the people throughout. took us a while to figure out where the

camera was (on the dj booth ) since we got on it several times

it was very crowded up there but crowded with insanly hot women so that was definitly a plus

the upstairs area doesnt have much room to negotiate which is a pain but the same thing happens at space every sat so its no biggie

4) shawn's set was very good (Amika sounding set), whether that will be Shawn's format for Nocturnal on sat from now on im not sure. Thought would have liked it abit more underground... though shawn never had the time to get to that point since he came off and came back on and didnt have a regular uninterrupted set. nevertheless still had a great time liseting to his set (some ids in my review)

5) grey goose and bacardi open bar till 1 nice stuff

6) it got really hot inside for some reason (was their an a/c issue?)

7) the dj that tag teamed with shawn ....kinda took down the vibe shawn set...... dont know who the dj was. it was like the style went from funky house to "space style" house just like that and it left the crowd wondering

8. stryke killed it on the patio- the patio rocks...........

9) best show ive seen from dancers yet. (girls in body paint taking their body paint off to the point of being topless....... awesome stuff)

10) lots of dancers in main room and patio loved thier interaction with crowd. (i think nocturnal uses the same dance troupe that amika uses because one of the dancers came up to me that i recognized from AMIKA )

11) few technical issues on patio with the sound sytem (its opening weekend its understandable)

12) kyro machines in full effect tonite... the lights are sick on the patio love it...........

track ids and details in my review late this week......

idk about inside but i thought the patio was quite comfortable on friday considering it was pretty humid out.

Guest onisakura
next saturday , Stryke & Edgar bitch !! :rock:

I dunno if i can make it.....but i will certainly try!