Clubplanet Nightlife Community

so what really happened at Nocturnal?

sgtfury

do you know why they cut the music off?

They are building a new nite. It takes time, in the meantime, it is better to manage the crowds accordingly.

Some known names to the masses, and heavy advertising in the correct media should open up the awareness to the club. A must to have the numbers grow steadily.

the dj before edgar cleared the room .. there were atleast 200 people in that room and before that guy ended there were like 20 .. when edgar got on it started picking up again .. unfortunately they didnt give it time to get packed and asked edgar to wrap it up so that they could get everyone on the patio. which imo sucked major ass. what the fuck were they expecting ? a miracle ? to bring in all the people again that that other guy cleared out ?? if they are gonna try to rush things , its just not gonna work no matter who is spinning in there . just my opinion.

it is definatly better to pack in a certain area so you can get a vibe going rather then allowing people to wonder if the place is not slammed. i often close certain rooms and the upstairs at mansion when we start a new night or a night during the weekdays that might not be as busy as the weekend. nocturnal has alot going on and its about building a night that can have legs not just open rooms just to say that they are open.

the dj before edgar cleared the room .. there were atleast 200 people in that room and before that guy ended there were like 20 .. when edgar got on it started picking up again .. unfortunately they didnt give it time to get packed and asked edgar to wrap it up so that they could get everyone on the patio. which imo sucked major ass. what the fuck were they expecting ? a miracle ? to bring in all the people again that that other guy cleared out ?? if they are gonna try to rush things , its just not gonna work no matter who is spinning in there . just my opinion.

OMG WTF

it is definatly better to pack in a certain area so you can get a vibe going rather then allowing people to wonder if the place is not slammed. i often close certain rooms and the upstairs at mansion when we start a new night or a night during the weekdays that might not be as busy as the weekend. nocturnal has alot going on and its about building a night that can have legs not just open rooms just to say that they are open.

i know what you mean .. but thats the case when a club is established and has a bad night .. this club is new and needs to build its fan base little by little .alot of people really dont know about the place yet . when they find out who is playing from different sources here and there .. im sure in about a month or 2 nocturnal will be a totally different club. but for the begining it might have to take a loss.(unfortunately) . like i mentioned before .. when space opened .. OMG that was a real terror.. more like a ghost town . i remember 2 weeks in a row where there were probably 30 people at the place . 6 months later , it was the baddest club in miami !! i wonder if LP ever thought about closing the place in those 2 months that were just terrible ? im sure he thought about it .. but his persistance paid off and now his club is the most successfull in miami . just my $.02

I think Edgar should start playing at 3:00AM. and not later. Period.

Stryke had some good tunes and then it was like:

"OK...where are you going bro?...give me some substance here..."

But I understand with a new place, you have to find your niche, so

I'm not gonna fake tha funk, and be an asshole and go off about it.

that's my humble opinion folks.....

I need a shot of Patron right about now. :)

i know what you mean .. but thats the case when a club is established and has a bad night .. this club is new and needs to build its fan base little by little .alot of people really dont know about the place yet . when they find out who is playing from different sources here and there .. im sure in about a month or 2 nocturnal will be a totally different club. but for the begining it might have to take a loss.(unfortunately) . like i mentioned before .. when space opened .. OMG that was a real terror.. more like a ghost town . i remember 2 weeks in a row where there were probably 30 people at the place . 6 months later , it was the baddest club in miami !! i wonder if LP ever thought about closing the place in those 2 months that were just terrible ? im sure he thought about it .. but his persistance paid off and now his club is the most successfull in miami . just my $.02

Problem with Nocturnal is that on Saturday's, at least, they have teamed up with TAI ... it is a hype party, not a music party. Empty rooms are not going to pull it for them ... their crowd will go like ":it is not happening here".

Nocturnal has excellent resident DJs on Saturdays, but they are going to be subject to accomodating to the needs of the club.

It sucks, but quite understandably, I see this being the format for a while.

Problem with Nocturnal is that on Saturday's, at least, they have teamed up with TAI ... it is a hype party, not a music party. Empty rooms are not going to pull it for them ... their crowd will go like ":it is not happening here".

Nocturnal has excellent resident DJs on Saturdays, but they are going to be subject to accomodating to the needs of the club.

It sucks, but quite understandably, I see this being the format for a while.

good point. The TAI crowd don't give a fuck about the music...they are there because the place is the place to be, period!

good point. The TAI crowd don't give a fuck about the music...they are there because the place is the place to be, period!

its true we go after the same crowd at mansion i forget sometimes to put the dj's name on the invites. thats how much the crowd does not care who the dj is unless its 1 of the top 10 big names.

..most club are going to have problems getting packed house during the summer months (slow season)...with Space maybe being an exception .

..if nocturnal survive the summer months, then the future could be good ...starting in the fall .

I think Edgar should start playing at 3:00AM. and not later. Period.

Stryke had some good tunes and then it was like:

"OK...where are you going bro?...give me some substance here..."

But I understand with a new place, you have to find your niche, so

I'm not gonna fake tha funk, and be an asshole and go off about it.

that's my humble opinion folks.....

I need a shot of Patron right about now. :)

If you're talking about the main room, I told you that Stryke only played for a short while and was moved up to the patio where he played an AMAZING set (I think you had already left). After Stryke left the main room, Junior Sanchez took over. He's the one who played really strange. :D

..most club are going to have problems getting packed house during the summer months (slow season)...with Space maybe being an exception .

..if nocturnal survive the summer months, then the future could be good ...starting in the fall .

Very True. I don't know how everyone stayed up there. when i got up there all i can feel is the heat. they really need to do something about it.

I really hope they come around & bring life to this club. Only time will tell.