Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can anyone help me get a job?

Heyyy

I just graduated college (yayyy) so I am moving back to NY and I need a job! Not like a career or anything- I am just tryin to get a job bartending someplace hot or some shit like that... can anyone help me out or does anyone know anywhere good that is hiring? I have a bartending license and everytihng.

A

Heyyy

I just graduated college (yayyy) so I am moving back to NY and I need a job! Not like a career or anything- I am just tryin to get a job bartending someplace hot or some shit like that... can anyone help me out or does anyone know anywhere good that is hiring? I have a bartending license and everytihng.

A

NYC has alot of competition when it comes to bartenders. (everyone is a bartender these days lol) Your best bet if you wanna get a high paying bartending job would be this place

http://www.newyorkbartendingschool.com/

After you complete the 40 hours course they have job placement plus if you're hot you should have no problems getting one right away. The course is like $500 but if you tell them you're already certified bartender they may give you a break and charge you less..that's what happened to me paid half price :) It's really a good investment if you're serious about bartending in the city. This school is NY State board certified and really top notch.

They also have job postings on their website.

Good luck. :pint:

no way on the bartending school. Its a waste of money if you know what your doing already. They do give you leads but you would be better off just going from place to place on your own. If you want to work right away you might want to try some catering places.

no way on the bartending school. Its a waste of money if you know what your doing already. They do give you leads but you would be better off just going from place to place on your own. If you want to work right away you might want to try some catering places.

yeah sure buddy if you bartend in Kentucky, NOT in NYC. You better have your game on, those places don't waste time on rookies and yeah have a resume ready or they won't even see you!! And if for some reason they hire you just on your looks they will fire you if you don't know what you doing THEIR WAY. She needs to know the way NYC bars work not DC...there's a difference how drinks are prepared and things are done here.

why with a college degree are you looking to be a bartender?.... i could understand if that is all you could find... if you do want a bartending job... you have to look good.... just walk in a place and hustle the job, that's how most people get them.

Heyyy

A

yeah sure buddy if you bartend in Kentucky, NOT in NYC. You better have your game on, those places don't waste time on rookies and yeah have a resume ready or they won't even see you!! And if for some reason they hire you just on your looks they will fire you if you don't know what you doing THEIR WAY. She needs to know the way NYC bars work not DC...there's a difference how drinks are prepared and things are done here.

You must work for New York Bartending School. She says she is already a certified bartender which places laugh at if you go to them with that. You don't need to be certified to be a bartender, you need experience...you're not a doctor! If you know how to make drinks you know how to make drinks. She says she's moving back to NYC which means she knows how to deal with people in this area. She is a cute girl, which people in the biz know is the most important thing if you have an idea of what you're doing... she will probably be OK getting hired. Just as everybody in the biz knows that bartending school is a joke. Why you are steering her to bartending school to throw money away. If she said she had no experience, ok maybe bartending school but it makes no sense for her to go. And like I said the summer is the busy season for catering...the private ones pay up to $25 plus tips....a good one to start with is Premier Party Servers they pay $16/hour and their number is 212-499-0886. Good luck sweetie. And by the way go to extremebartending.com or extremebartender.com (cant remember which) to see what people say about bartending. And oh yeah if you know someone that is the best way in PMing that guy Stymie may be your best bet.

You must work for New York Bartending School. She says she is already a certified bartender which places laugh at if you go to them with that. You don't need to be certified to be a bartender, you need experience...you're not a doctor! If you know how to make drinks you know how to make drinks. She says she's moving back to NYC which means she knows how to deal with people in this area. She is a cute girl, which people in the biz know is the most important thing if you have an idea of what you're doing... she will probably be OK getting hired. Just as everybody in the biz knows that bartending school is a joke. Why you are steering her to bartending school to throw money away. If she said she had no experience, ok maybe bartending school but it makes no sense for her to go. And like I said the summer is the busy season for catering...the private ones pay up to $25 plus tips....a good one to start with is Premier Party Servers they pay $16/hour and their number is 212-499-0886. Good luck sweetie. And by the way go to extremebartending.com or extremebartender.com (cant remember which) to see what people say about bartending. And oh yeah if you know someone that is the best way in PMing that guy Stymie may be your best bet.

$16 per hour bartending in NYC? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think the none English speaking bussboy gets more. I'm done with this thread. I just tried to help her out dumb dumb and I don't work for that place, just had a great experience when I went to school there.

im not a bartender but i've heard from all of my friends that do that it's a waste of time to go to bartending school. you won't get hired just cause you have the cert, it's better to have real experience and just know what you're doing.

im not a bartender but i've heard from all of my friends that do that it's a waste of time to go to bartending school. you won't get hired just cause you have the cert, it's better to have real experience and just know what you're doing.

like he said.. if you got experience you get the job... shit is very CUT-Throat out here so be prepared.. Good luck

just go to where you want to work... go after a really busy shift (that way when you walk in, you are getting them at the right frame of mind) speak clearly, be smart... don't be a flirt, a.k.a. a whore... be friendly...aggressive...talk business, tell them you work fast, and willing to do a trail-show with them for a night... hustle!... it's about making them money, getting people to buy $$$$$ drinks... make them want you.

ps. don't mention the license till they ask you... just because you have a license dose not mean your a good bartender... look at all the people in jersey that get driver's licenses… you don't want to use that as your reasoning to get a job....

Watch it Maria...I live in northern Kentucky!

Where'd you find the picture of that baby in your sig? That shit is pretty funny.