Clubplanet Nightlife Community

EdgarV/Nocturnal

sgtfury

Edgar is a "TRANCE DJ" so he needs a "TRANCE DJ" to open for him..........................not a House or whatever other music DJ to open before him of course it will kill the vibe!!!!

Get a Trance DJ there you will have the Crowd that is supposed to be there from the Begininng and TRUST ME with Eric as an opener the room will not clear!!!!

And you can Quote me on that;)!!!!

applause.gif

BRING US GROOVEERIC TO NOCTURNAL!!!!!!

I dunno, The guy that was playing before Stryke played basically oldies (oldies but goodies) Barry white, Ohio Players, I think I even heard some Jackson in there, Stryke made a transition from that and somehow ended up playing techno The crowd never left. Good music, is just that. Agreed, the person playing before edgar didnt do the best job at keeping the crowd there, but I disagree that just because Edgar is a trance dj, the opening dj should play trance as well. I think the club is trying to accommodate a wider audience. For the most part, clubs all have "a sound", I think nocturnal is trying to not only appeal to the usual trance/hip-hop/vip's but also to the techno, deephouse and the so called "regular-good time ol' dance music" minority as well. This has proven to be incredibly difficult to do in the past. Mix different types of music, different crowds. But is that not the problem with dance music anyway? That every place plays the same music, the same djs? Its a new place, Its fucking beautiful, the sound system is amazing, but its new... Will there be alot of kinks? Of course, but that just means that it will take a little bit of time before they get a better feel for things.

Guest saleen351

maybe what all you guys just learned is that his parties at crobar were successful due to crobar and not edgar himself....

Only a handful of djs on the planet can pack rooms that don't have pre-exsisting core crowds, edgar isn't one of them.

maybe what all you guys just learned is that his parties at crobar were successful due to crobar and not edgar himself....

Only a handful of djs on the planet can pack rooms that don't have pre-exsisting core crowds, edgar isn't one of them.

I would tend to agree...

maybe what You have just learned is that his parties @ CROBAR weren't afterhours parties. Edgar played afterhours at NOCTURNAL Einstein... Big difference. Give Edgar in the main room earlier in the night w/ Grooveeric opening. (BIGGER DIFFERENCE!!!)

Guest saleen351
maybe what You have just learned is that his parties @ CROBAR weren't afterhours parties. Edgar played afterhours at NOCTURNAL Einstein... Big difference. Give Edgar in the main room earlier in the night w/ Grooveeric opening. (BIGGER DIFFERENCE!!!)

The reason he has after hours is, that sound is so dead that it could only work at after hours and even then it still may fail.... If that sound worked for afterhours and or regular hours then space would do it, but they don't so it's gonna be an uphill battle for him to pull this off regardless of the time slot.

The reason he has after hours is, that sound is so dead that it could only work at after hours and even then it still may fail.... If that sound worked for afterhours and or regular hours then space would do it, but they don't so it's gonna be an uphill battle for him to pull this off regardless of the time slot.

Whats the fat fuck still doing in here :gang:

I was reading this and then I remembered your face and broke in laughter!!! :laugh: :laugh: laugh:

LOL

It happens with almost any local DJ too, including Oscar G. Don't you remember what happened at Nerve when LP took over of a nite with his residents?

Does it mean OG had no following? Because one thing I know is that they promoted the hell out of their nites there.

You need to promote THE CLUB. After 12+ mil ... you need advertising ... heavily, and book a few heavy weight DJs. People need to see the place.

One last thing ... for all the nonsense written lately ... the heart of a niteclub is people dancing. Stop the agenda against Aquabooty. That rooftop is only gonna get better. You want more dollars at the bar? Get people to the club as stated above, Aquabooty is doing their side of the equation.

MD

i agree 100% that the club needs to do some serious promotion. they have made some smart choices in some of the outside promoters they have hired. Friday rooftop - Biz & Aquabooty, 2 great partys that combined could be become legendary but the main room & small room, wtf??? Saturday?? whos running this mess? Strike is a great dj. promoters for sat night Tia entertainment?? their crowd could give a shit about the music. heres an idea!! Strike main room on friday! promote friday as all music driven. biz, roland, aquabooty, strike & craze in the small room. this would dominate the friday miami crowd thats cares about the music. Saturday cheese dick crowd & cheese music to suit. Shawn rudnick main room, hip hop on the roof, mash up in the small room & PROMOTE the shit out of every thing!!!

This is a town that with a big club like space or crobar behind you, marginal djs like ivanno belini & cedric can become rock stars. Nocturnal has alot of talent with them but seem to have no idea what to do with it. Take a lesson from the big clubs that have survived in miami. you have to support your own shit by getting behind it 1000% most of the people in this town are fuckin sheep if you tell them enough times eventually they belive it & come check it out. if you deliver a quality product and treat them right they will come back. Nocturnal needs to learn this lesson fast before they lay a 12 million dollar turd!

FUCK SPACE!!

Why keep doing what Space does??? Cuz it works?? okay, maybe it does, but then why bring out a new club with the same format?? THE NEW CLUB should & could be doing something different to try to stay above & make itself a NEW NAME in the clubbing industry.

If it wasn't a matter of trying to establish itself a SPOT on the map in the DANCE music industry, then what's the whole purpose of opening a new club?? THE MONEY?? i wouldn't think so. The money will always be there.

They should experiment & see what works with them the best. Meaning trying something different. Maybe a new BEAT to be brought back & give it life once a again. Not the same beat that is being played right next doo. Something new & different.

Remember this....

IF U PLAY IT..... THEY WILL COME......

Space has its House format. Why not have Nocturnal try something a little different. Try to establish itself with trying new & different ideas & see what works best for it. They way i see it Nocturnal has a lot of potential to make it bigger & better than Space. But if no intiative is taken to promote & expose the new FLAVOR in downtown, then the whole idea & time & money spent on a new club was worhtless.

Give EDGAR V & GROOVEERIC & shot in the Main ROOM. You'd be surprised how many people still look around for an old sound. Last night @ BLUE was a perfect example, But that is a whole different story which will be HOPEFULLY told on a later date.

IF U PLAY IT!!!1 THEY WILL COME!!!!

don't give up on new ideas & the crowd won't give up on Nocturnal.

What about for Stryke? Have you ever heard him spin? I mean there's a reason people were on the patio. :D
Nope, even though i've heard that Stryke rocks.....he would never be a reason for me to go to Nocturnal every Saturday.

Eric is a friend and a hell of a good DJ, give him the main room and an opening spot for Edgar and just watch the magic unfold!!!!!

The point I was trying to make is that I would support Eric cause he's my friend!!!

Hopefully Nocturnal takes all these reviews in and gives him a chance, I mean it can't hurt at all!!!!

Shit they gave Aquabooty a night!!!

LOL

It happens with almost any local DJ too, including Oscar G. Don't you remember what happened at Nerve when LP took over of a nite with his residents?

Does it mean OG had no following? Because one thing I know is that they promoted the hell out of their nites there.

You need to promote THE CLUB. After 12+ mil ... you need advertising ... heavily, and book a few heavy weight DJs. People need to see the place.

One last thing ... for all the nonsense written lately ... the heart of a niteclub is people dancing. Stop the agenda against Aquabooty. That rooftop is only gonna get better. You want more dollars at the bar? Get people to the club as stated above, Aquabooty is doing their side of the equation.

MD

Marco,

I don't think you got Nick's point with regard to Edgar. it's fairly apparent Edgar has a following; the point is his following is not big enough to support a weekly party. yes, after-hours needs to be promoted aggressively. conversely, you can not lead an after-hours with a trance only format with a local DJ. the after-hours format needs to be high energy, with a deeper and more varied mix of music i.e. trance, tech house, hard house, tech, etc. otherwise people simply will not stay in that room. you want proof ?? walk into the mainroom at Space at 5:00am, the room is almost always rocking. in fact go into any after-hours club in the US, and you will see the music is varied. Edgar is fully capable of varying the beats, and I sincerely hope that he will. Edgar has this title of Trance DJ which I think is very limiting, because I know Edgar can play anything and has more dance music knowledge then half these 20k plus a night DJ’s running around.

With regard to Aquabooty I think that is a good lead in to the rooftop, but I most certainly would prefer something more as the morning moves forward.

This one's on me. I really failed Edgar by not dropping a hard promotion for the first night of his afterhours. It won't happen again. My apologies to everyone, especially Edgar.
You can really make it up to us by bringing GrooveEric in to open for Edgar...................TRUST ME it won't backfire, give him one night it's all it's going to take to convince you!!!!!!

And you can quote me again on that :)!!!!!

Marco,

I don't think you got Nick's point with regard to Edgar. it's fairly apparent Edgar has a following; the point is his following is not big enough to support a weekly party. yes, after-hours needs to be promoted aggressively. conversely, you can not lead an after-hours with a trance only format with a local DJ. the after-hours format needs to be high energy, with a deeper and more varied mix of music i.e. trance, tech house, hard house, tech, etc. otherwise people simply will not stay in that room. you want proof ?? walk into the mainroom at Space at 5:00am, the room is almost always rocking. in fact go into any after-hours club in the US, and you will see the music is varied. Edgar is fully capable of varying the beats, and I sincerely hope that he will. Edgar has this title of Trance DJ which I think is very limiting, because I know Edgar can play anything and has more dance music knowledge then half these 20k plus a night DJ’s running around.

With regard to Aquabooty I think that is a good lead in to the rooftop, but I most certainly would prefer something more as the morning moves forward.

very intelligent answer Tony... thank you :aright:

I usually try not to be rude to women (or anyone for that matter) but you’re just such a fucking moron. Go back to playing with your dungeons and dragons. Or better yet go suck a dick up. Every comment you make is either fucking ignorant or just plain hating. :love:

wow :laugh:

I usually try not to be rude to women (or anyone for that matter) but you’re just such a fucking moron. Go back to playing with your dungeons and dragons. Or better yet go suck a dick up. Every comment you make is either fucking ignorant or just plain hating. :love:
Damn really, I did not know that supporting a friend or his music was ignorant or hating....................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm seems like someone chose the wrong SN!!!!!

Oh and right back at ya :love::makeout: !!!!!!

Marco,

:stupid:

the secret lies right there.....you're very astute.....