Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tiesto/Deep Dish

djfrosty

My friends and I had a table, and it's a good thing we did too. The club was packed to the rafters. Deep Dish went on just as we got there at 12, and played 4 hours. That was the best set I have heard from them in years. Tiesto came on at 4am. I gave him an hour, but...he still sucks. I left at 5. I had a great time though; a lot of fun for sure. Ice shelled out a king's ransom in DJ fees to have Deep Dish and Tiesto together, but I am sure it was still a profitable night for them. At the end of Tiesto's set, some guy allegedly paid him $10,000 to spin for another hour. It was a very solid night for sure; there was still a line to get in when I left. I don't know what the cover was at 5am, but I know that earlier in the evening they were getting $150 at the door if you just showed up with no presales or VIP.

My friends and I had a table, and it's a good thing we did too. The club was packed to the rafters. Deep Dish went on just as we got there at 12, and played 4 hours. That was the best set I have heard from them in years. Tiesto came on at 4am. I gave him an hour, but...he still sucks. I left at 5. I had a great time though; a lot of fun for sure. Ice shelled out a king's ransom in DJ fees to have Deep Dish and Tiesto together, but I am sure it was still a profitable night for them. At the end of Tiesto's set, some guy allegedly paid him $10,000 to spin for another hour. It was a very solid night for sure; there was still a line to get in when I left. I don't know what the cover was at 5am, but I know that earlier in the evening they were getting $150 at the door if you just showed up with no presales or VIP.

Dubfire or Sharam? I have only heard Sharam who is AWESOME...

Without a doubt the most packed I've ever seen ICE over the weekend. At $75 (plus) a head, you would have hoped they'd have limited the crowd a bit. I could care less about waiting a long time at the bar (makes it easy to meet people), but Deep Dish played such an incredible set, especially the second third (or third hour or whatever) was so banging... it was frustrating as hell that you couldn't move a muscle in the place. Without VIP, that is.

Tiesto was solid but really not the best double-booking to follow up Deep Dish. Or it should have been the other way around, I dunno. On the flip side, Tiesto really got into stride just as the dance floor began to have a bit of room, so I really can't complain too much. Had I plenty of room to do my thing during DD I doubt I would have had the energy to explode during Tiesto's set.

Can't speak to the lines or prices outside, my friends and I got there very early and stayed until the wee-wee-wee hours. Was it worth the $75 and the crowd? On any other weekend, hell no. But the crowd was ELECTRIC, and unlike other times when ICE has been packed people were not being assholes and/or idiots on the floor. Figuring that well, pretty much any place this weekend was going to set you back a bundle -- I heard even Drai's went $100+ just to get through he door -- and that DD/Tiesto went as long as you could have wanted them to, I really have no complaints.

Now, we'll see if I say the same thing after this weekend, with Tiesto coming to Vinyl (in Denver) and tickets only $15...

Well, my first time at ICE sucked. The venue is great just way too crowded and hot as hell in there. The $100 to get in was definetly not worth it. Deep Dish played a great set but like I said it was way too crowded and hard to dance with people bumping into you. I didn't stay to long after Tiesto came on. Too boring for me. At that time I heard they were charging $400 to get in. Not sure if that was true or not, but that is retarded. :vomit2:

Well, my first time at ICE sucked. The venue is great just way too crowded and hot as hell in there.

Go back on a regular friday night for Gladue. Get on the list in advance, you'll pay no cover and have the time of your life -- I've been 5 times and the crowd has always been the perfect size and mix of people.