Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Good housewarming gift?

Hey kids,

I'm going to a house warming party Friday night (before Deep Dish of course!) and I am totally swamped on what to get this person for a house warming gift. I just met her last week so I can't really get anything too personable. Any thoughts???

Thanx smile.gif

Ali

------------------

This weeks gigs:

Thursday - My Room

Friday - My Basement

PM for Guestlist

How about a big plant?? You can't go wrong with that, or some type of candle garden...something that mostly everyone likes. There are tons of options for housewarming gifts but unless you know this person's taste you should stick with something generic, like a plant!!

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny!!!

Martini Shaker or some phatty wine glasses... Or maybe a big ass cactus??

------------------

AIM: slimchezdy

I'm outta place

I'm in outer space

I've just vanished without a trace

I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow

I'll be back in an hour or so -- Eminem

a nice steaming turd on the living room floor - now that's warm.

You should scout out the place and see what they are missing, then get something you can use. . .Wine glasses + wine, bong, pizza stone and wheel, toaster oven. Seasonal flowers. . .cash.

DM

im with whoever said plants on this one. most specifically, get her an orchid in bloom. they are fairly easy to maintain, and the costs range from $25- as much as you can imagine. a medium priced one, i would guess more than $50, can stay in bloom for months, and if the care directions are followed it will bloom year after year and keep on giving. for example, of the three that i have, the cheapest, most simple variety i own, has been in bloom for 8 months, and still has two flowers about to pop. some have fragrance, some do not. either way you can't go wrong.

be cool

stephen

------------------

we must cultivate our gardens...

careful with the plants, some people might be allergic, or have pets that might chew on something unhealthful - it's sorta touchy as far as that goes. better bet, find out what kind of taste this person has (whether pottery barn, or http://www.modernhome.com/ a gift certificate is helpful, yet not overly personal.

Personally, I'd go to Tiffany's 6th floor and let them bring gift ideas to me...

------------------

Bilk, Robb, Pilfer, & Steele

Invesment Banking for The New Millennium

New York, NY 10022