favorite borough?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. favorite borough?

• the bronx
    • manhattan
    • queens
    • brooklyn
    • staten island

fuck moving to the city and living in some overpriced piece of shit loft space for like 1300 a month... im moving out west...

1,300 for a loft in the city would be a steal....what you would find for 1,300 would probably be a 10 X 10 studio apartment with a 8 flight walkup on the upper-upper-upper east side...

I love my neighborhood in brooklyn...I have a 3 floor brand new house, backyard with a pool and a 5 car driveway &I can get to the city in exactly 8 minutes by car...I wouldnt change my location for ANYTHING!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh:

i'm not a fan of williamsburg there either. now the yuppies are moving in, so at least the hipsters are leaving.

the lofts are cool though.

maybe itll be more tolerable when the yups take over... but i cant handle it right now, nobody works and nobodys clean.

The only reason why anybody would live in Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, or SI is because they can't afford Manhattan..... not saying that there's anything wrong with this, but it's still the truth.

you are such a wannabe flamer.

I would rather live in brooklyn than any other borough, and I DONT live in brooklyn or manhattan right now.

Brooklyn has the most character of any borough.

ok your point... you are more likely to get mugged walking down the street in queens, manhattan, bronx and brooklyn then you are in staten island... look at the facts... why do all those brooklyn people move out of brooklyn??? i mean really... they dont move to staten island because it sucks... they leave brooklyn because they want their kids to go to a good school and want to raise kids in a safer environment... the only reason people move out of staten island is to be with their families in other boroughs or to be in an equally nice area without the extremely high standard of living like nj, pa or fl...

but i work and live on staten island... fuck moving to the city and living in some overpriced piece of shit loft space for like 1300 a month... im moving out west...

the muggings depend on the neighborhood. if you walk through East New York, yes you put yourself at risk for being mugged. But the risk isnt any worse than walking down Jersey Street.

a lot of people moved to staten island from Brooklyn in the 1970's and 1980's, and back then most of brooklyn was terrible. Staten Island was not terrific then either (I lived in grasmere then....robberies were problem in the 1980's). besides the crime excuse, one other reason that I heard all too often from them was "We did not like all of the minorities moving in" :rolleyes:

But now, its fine in most neighborhoods (take a look at property values.....houses in Bed-Stuy are getting over $1 million these days) There are neighborhoods that are still not safe, but the same applies to staten island as well.

as for PA having a higher standard of living than NYC?! :laugh: I used to have family in the Poconos.....they left due to increasing violence in the schools. Philly's and pittsburgh's crime rates are much higher than NYC as well.

move out west if you want, but keep in mind that NYC is one of the safest cities in this country.

2004 crime data

I will go by process of elimination:

Staten Island - As I used to call it Garbage Island. I worked by the Staten Island Mall which is by one of two 'manmade' things you can see from outer space - The Staten Island Dump - it reaks just like Garbage Island.

Brooklyn - Why does everybody who comes from Brooklyn have to continously tell me they are from Brooklyn as if they have no other identity like an inner city kid who brags about being shot or going to prison. Brooklyn may be cool but the arrogance definitely annoys me.

Bronx - LOL

Manhattan - I love everything about Manhattan except the people who have the nerve to call everybody not from their the 'Bridge and Tunnel crowd'. When in reality they are from the 'I am hip because Ive been living in the big bad city for 5 years' crowd or the 'daddy's trust fund' crowd. Seriously these people should just take up residence at one of the clubs in the Meatpacking District and leave the rest of us alone.

And the winner is....QUEENS - No arrogance, affordable, DIVERSE, and cool.

By the way I live in Jersey City which is like living in Beruit in the early '80s. Ok so all people not from Queens begin the attack now...I'm ready!!!!!!!!

the muggings depend on the neighborhood. if you walk through East New York, yes you put yourself at risk for being mugged. But the risk isnt any worse than walking down Jersey Street.

a lot of people moved to staten island from Brooklyn in the 1970's and 1980's, and back then most of brooklyn was terrible. Staten Island was not terrific then either (I lived in grasmere then....robberies were problem in the 1980's). besides the crime excuse, one other reason that I heard all too often from them was "We did not like all of the minorities moving in" :rolleyes:

But now, its fine in most neighborhoods (take a look at property values.....houses in Bed-Stuy are getting over $1 million these days) There are neighborhoods that are still not safe, but the same applies to staten island as well.

as for PA having a higher standard of living than NYC?! :laugh: I used to have family in the Poconos.....they left due to increasing violence in the schools. Philly's and pittsburgh's crime rates are much higher than NYC as well.

move out west if you want, but keep in mind that NYC is one of the safest cities in this country.

2004 crime data

haha dude.. i didnt mean pa has a higher standard of living i meant people escape staten island to an area where the standard of living isnt as high ie: nj, pa, fl...

jersey st?? dude there's cops all over jersey street.. i work in a mobile crisis unit and im in and out of all the projects every day jersey street richmond terrace, mariners harbor, holland ave apts and west brighton.... they arent that bad compared to the other projets out there... you couldnt pay me enough to do what i do in bk and bx..

ahh anyway this whole borough thing is an ongoing battle, which after these next few sentences i wont even take part of because even the nicest, cleanest borough is too dirty for me... fyi the staten island garbage dump closed in 2002 the smell is no longer in the air...

dude ask any cop who has been on the job a number of years... im sure they would feel safest in staten island... even if they worked the 120 it's a safer bet than pretty much any other precinct out there...

The only reason why anybody would live in Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, or SI is because they can't afford Manhattan..... not saying that there's anything wrong with this, but it's still the truth.

you come off as very closed-minded and quick to judge in your posts. seems as if you have a lot of insecurities you may need to overcome and stop covering them up by pointing out other ppls issues or shortcomings...

I love manhattan cause the apartments are soo cheap and reasonable

I love brooklyn when I want to get away and not see any guidos.

I love queens because the traffice is so light and easy to drive around

I love staten island cause it never smells like the garbage dumps

and finally i love the bronx for its beautifully well kept scenery and buildings.

lol

i like the grove street path area. its like hoboken, but cheaper and less yuppie.

There are two place in Jersey City that are relatively nice - one is where you mentioned and the other is the Pavonia Newport station even though I dont like it there because other than the water it has no personality all the buildings are cookie cutter - very corporate. I actually saw an article in Mens Health that ranked Jersey City as one of the top 5 happiest places in America. I almost choked. Other than those two places the rest of Jersey City has a long way to go...and I mean a long way.