Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Skribbe at ICE... thoughts on music and crowd?

greenie

Popping out next weekend with my best bud (former business manager of Mile High House, a producer/DJ collective) and we're looking to do things up a little bigger than normal. Only thing firmly planned is the Rehab/BE double on Sunday and stopping by Ice on either Friday or Saturday -- my boy is dying to check it out.

Anyway, here's the rub: I love Glaude's sets, but I'm always up for investigating something different. Ice has Skribble booked for Saturday night, but I haven't seen him spin in a loooooong tme and I've got no idea what he's really up to these days.

More importantly, I've got no idea what kind of crowd is following him. I've got this fear that he'll draw a crowd that only gives a shit about him because of his MTV connections. In other words, turn Ice into Rain for a night.

Anyone, any thoughts/wisdom?

I wouldn't skip it - I gaurantee he will play house music - not hip hop

He just put out an album 2 months ago on Perfecto which is all dance music and I heard he played good at Crobar in Miami Friday night of WMC

I've also heard him play some pretty damn good house sets before at RA when he would switch back and forth from hip hop to house - all NY music too which I love. Considering the main room at ICE is only house music on Saturday nights - I'd say take a chance and check it out - I don't think you will be disapointed

Thanks to all (including PMs) for opinions on this... sounds like Skrib has been playing lot more house during his sets, but a couple of peeps that have seen him lately have said he's definitely attracting a lot of people to his shows that are going for the MTV image. Still worried about a shoulder-to-shoulder dance floor that isn't really heavy duty for the vibe.

Over the weekend I also scored Glaude's new 2CD set and a live recording of a recent show and it's got me really pumped up to see him on TGIF, so starting to lean towards ICE on Friday and OPM on Saturday... and a lot of other good stuff before, after, in between, up, down and sideways...