Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Busted For Illegal Tint

A few weeks ago I was on my way to work when I decided to takea different road which I thought would get me to US1 faster. But it was frustrating because of a lot of stop signs and too many cars in front of me. At one stop sign I was following too close to the car in front of me, and stopped for only a brief second before driving on. It was then that I realized there was a cop car sitting right on the cross street watching the intersection. I saw his lights go on and said "Oh shit!" because I knew he was coming after me. And he was, and did, and pulled me over. So much for getting to work on time.

He said I did not stop at the sign, I politely told him that I did, but if I hadn't fully stopped I wasn't aware because it had felt like I had come to a complete stop. I politely and humbly assured him that I hadn't realized it wasn't a full stop, ect. He took my license and insurance card but I could not find my registration.

Okay, so he comes back and had found out after calling my ID in that I have had a perfect driving record for about 8 years. Then he says 2 surprising things.

1- "I'm not going to write you a ticket for the stop sign, but make sure you pay more attention in the future."

*huge sigh of relief from me*

2- "Roll up your window halfway so I can check your tint."

*Oh shit! My front windows are illegal. I knew it and he knew it. His tester said that they were a degree of 14, and the lowest degree of tint allowed on front side windows is 28.*

So I got a $50 ticket for the illegal tint, and an order with risk of suspension of license if I don't comply, to have the tint removed and bring my car to the police station for inspection within 30 days. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!!!!! I love my tint! My car looks so badass with the dark tint all around contrasting against the inferno red color of the car. I have to figure out a way to get out of this and keep my tint. Has anyone been in this situation, and if so, what did you do? Did you find a loophole to get around it and keep your tint, or were there no options at all for you (and me)?

I got a ticket for my tints once... Its a bullshit ticket, probably just trying to fill quotas. I paid the ticket and never removed or lightened my windows. Have not been ticketed for it again. (knocking on wood)

Where do you live that they will suspend your license for tint? Thats insane. He could have been a little more cordial with you and just given you a seat belt ticket or something.

Broward County Florida. I think he was busting my balls to nail me for something, because he knew that the pull over was bullshit. I stopped fully and he realized it once I talked my way out of it. He just had a corncob up his ass when he decided to go after me.

I know how it is in other states, but the reasoning here is that if your front side windows are too dark your view is limited. By that reasoning all nighttime driving should be banned too because of limited view. But whatever. The month has already passed because I was so slammed that I never stopped to do anything about it, so I'm just going to mail in the ticket fee and be done with it and pretend I wasn't aware of anything else I had to do. If they do anything after that I'll deal with it then. Maybe he was just busting my balls with a fabricated threat of suspension. We'll see. Thanks for the advice, all of you.

I got a ticket for my tints once... Its a bullshit ticket, probably just trying to fill quotas. I paid the ticket and never removed or lightened my windows. Have not been ticketed for it again. (knocking on wood)

• 3 weeks later...

Well well well...problem solved. That cop had told me I'd have to pay a fine and present my car for inspection minus the tint, which I didn't want to do...

I went to the MVB website and payed off my ticket online. Done deal, case closed, end of story, and I kept my tint on my windows.

Well well well...problem solved. That cop had told me I'd have to pay a fine and present my car for inspection minus the tint, which I didn't want to do...

I went to the MVB website and payed off my ticket online. Done deal, case closed, end of story, and I kept my tint on my windows.

Which is a good thing, because my license was scheduled to be suspended August 1st for that unpaid ticket. :yuck: