Clubplanet Nightlife Community

VIP Host=Scam

BRIANC1046

so.. a friend of mine had some vip host or something that planned out this weekend for us.. we stayed at the Hard Rock for a bachelor party.. now this is my third time going to Vegas in the past year and a half and we didn't need a host to do anything for us

the guy sends one of his hosts out to Ceaser's to meet us at 10:30 Friday to inform us that we have absolutely no chance of getting a table at Pure.. He says tables are booked months ago, but if we payed him $90 a piece (8 of us) $720 total he could get us in.. he says its way too exclusive to get more than 3 guys in.. I can remember paying $50 to get into Light last year on a Sunday, so we figure Pure must be that sick that its well worth the $$.. we pay the guy and he gets in line.. after 10 minutes we ask him why we are waiting in line and he says the owner is in the front.. finally he goes to the front of the line and allegedly pays the bouncer $200.. comes back and continues to wait in line.. We get fed up with this 'host'. My friend goes to the front of the line and simply tells the guy at the door we are going to spend a lot of $$.. he asks how many people and we tell him 8.. he lets us all in.. we get the money back from the 'host'.. WHAT A JOKE!

we wake up the next day and the guy apologizes for his worker.. and tells us he can get all of us into Spearmint Rhino at 4 o clock in the afternoon for $400.. yea right!

I really can't imagine why you would EVER need a host to get into a club.. Give that money straight to the guys at the door and tell them you are spending money.. or call and make a reservation.. We didn't pay a dime to get into Body English Sunday or Rain Sat. Same with Ice last time I was there..

Not all hosts are a scam but if you use a host make sure they work directly for the club. Alot of Vip companies are legit they just charge you extra so they can get a cut they basically charge you for setting it , which is not a scam. It just depends on what you are looking for. Some clubs like pure and be wont let a group of guys in without XYZ...

if you use a host use some from a referal or use a site like this where you can ask around about someone or their company.

whoo hooo saw this thread and I just HAD t chime in. Like anything you do in life, do your research. What did mama tell you " if it sounds too godo to be true, it probably is". make sure the host you are dealing with is reputable. Do your research is all I can say. There are a million companies in Vegas that do hosting. Only a handful do it right :aright:

whoo hooo saw this thread and I just HAD t chime in. Like anything you do in life, do your research. What did mama tell you " if it sounds too godo to be true, it probably is". make sure the host you are dealing with is reputable. Do your research is all I can say. There are a million companies in Vegas that do hosting. Only a handful do it right :aright:

there wasn't any reason to do research.. my friend heard from another friend that this guy was legit.. we saw right thru him.. i don't need an i told you so or some kind of lesson..

there wasn't any reason to do research.. my friend heard from another friend that this guy was legit.. we saw right thru him.. i don't need an i told you so or some kind of lesson..

Whoa, back that thang up bro. Not saying I told you so. It just pays to know who you're dealing. Your friend's friend's may have had an easier time, and you had a hard time and were able to do it on your own. Not all that uncommon.