Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Synthetic

You will notice very little or almost no increase in HP and gas mileage. The only thing I can say is that it provides far better protection and will allow you to drive more miles before changing it. I use Mobil 1 or Castrol Syntec in both of my vehicles.

I second that!

I have a Grand Cherokee, so I don't really care about putting synthetic in it.

In the bike I use Repsol Moto 4T Racing 10W-50 full synthetic. I don't want a conventional oil in there when I am bouncing off 11-13K RPMs.

Guest onisakura

Yeah, its not a good idea to switch back after using full synthetic. Mobil One (15W50)is what i used to always use in the S2000 but that was when i was racing and beating the crap outta it. It got a little expensive after a while though, I was putting about 1200 miles on it a month. I put castrol syntec in the civic.

• 4 weeks later...
You will notice very little or almost no increase in HP and gas mileage. The only thing I can say is that it provides far better protection and will allow you to drive more miles before changing it. I use Mobil 1 or Castrol Syntec in both of my vehicles.

I swear by Castrol Syntec, never had any problems.

HAHAh this debate has been on going for years especially when switching back and forth. We have found that when you switch with true syn oil like Royal Purple that over time it could create a problem. Remember true syth is very thin (lubircates every damn thing) which can then seep through gaskets. Down side is we are unsure if it was teh gasket itself from wear and tear or if it was becuase of this.

Now which to use, look at the owners manuel. It like putting premium gas in a motor thats made for regular. Motors now a days are made to work 100% of the time all the time and now with the new ratings scale for Hp output it might get worse. Most motors are made to run on dino oil. 3,000 miles and oil change. Unless you have a heavy modded motor (fuly n/a or boost) would i go and put syth or tri syth. Or if you have a truck and haul a lot of weight around same deal.

If you want to go syth, go tri syth, since its a blend of from 2-4 oils and will do better then a fully syn oil which you probably wont use to its fullest.

hope that helps

yo wtf is kaydup at? he leaves me a neg rep point for what i said..wtf. If ya see him tell him i am calling him out and to prove my ass wrong. I love people on this board.

There is a chance it is not him. There are imposters here. I got a simmilar neg rep from someone claiming to be --kaydup-

We have found that when you switch with true syn oil like Royal Purple that over time it could create a problem. Remember true syth is very thin (lubircates every damn thing) which can then seep through gaskets.

Provide some documented and tested details of this, not something annecdotal. You cannot because..............

Down side is we are unsure if it was teh gasket itself from wear and tear or if it was becuase of this.

This is what is actually happening.

If what you claim to be is true "true syth is very thin (lubircates every damn thing) which can then seep through gaskets."................then simply using synthetic oil would cause gaskets to leak, why would swtiching back to convential have anything to do with it. According to this logic, just using synthetic oil would make a gasket leak, which as I said befor is a myth.

Provide some documented and tested details of this, not something annecdotal. You cannot because..............

This is what is actually happening.

If what you claim to be is true "true syth is very thin (lubircates every damn thing) which can then seep through gaskets."................then simply using synthetic oil would cause gaskets to leak, why would swtiching back to convential have anything to do with it. According to this logic, just using synthetic oil would make a gasket leak, which as I said befor is a myth.

If you read I said it did happen but we dont know if it was becuase the gasket itself had failed or if it was just engine wear or tear. I will say that switching every 3k didnt make a damn diffrence. But i will stanbd on unless you own a high RPM car or a car thats heavy n/a or FI its not worth it. Car manufactures test there engines using dyno oil not a fully syth oil or tri syth. If you want to throw away money with a stock car just use tri syth.

If you read I said it did happen but we dont know if it was becuase the gasket itself had failed or if it was just engine wear or tear. I will say that switching every 3k didnt make a damn diffrence. But i will stanbd on unless you own a high RPM car or a car thats heavy n/a or FI its not worth it. Car manufactures test there engines using dyno oil not a fully syth oil or tri syth. If you want to throw away money with a stock car just use tri syth.

I have a bike with a 13,500 rpm rev ceiling and 12.5:1 compression ratio. I run full-synthetic Repsol oil in it. I'll be sure and let you know if it leaks.

I used syn in my CBR 600 cc also, but its not needed in a car that has a 6,500 redline thats for sure. You cant compare a spot bike redline to that of a daily, fuel efficiant car. Lets compare apples to apples...not an apple to an orange

I used syn in my CBR 600 cc also, but its not needed in a car that has a 6,500 redline thats for sure. You cant compare a spot bike redline to that of a daily, fuel efficiant car. Lets compare apples to apples...not an apple to an orange

Porsches and Vettes come from the factory will Mobil-1 full synthetic in their engines, and more and more high end manufacturers' cars are recommending full synthetic for their cars. I HIGHLY doubt they would do this if they thought it would result in higher maintenance costs down the road from leaking gaskets and such, or if they didn't need/benefit from it.

Let's just put it to bed...................it's a myth.

Porshes and vettes..again your just adding to what i said. These are high end sports cars. Again they do not use full syth, they say they do but its a blend or a tri syth. When they start to use royal purple then let me know. And it was never stated if they did use full sythetic all it said was Mobil 1 factory fill and this was the same for Camaro, Firebird, Corvette, GTO. My dad has 2 vettes and no where does it state full syn just Mobil 1.

Whatever you say.

According to Mobil's site it is a full synthetic. I think you should sue them for false advertising since according to you they are lying:

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1_FAQs.aspx#FAQs3

Well Mobile doesn't from my searching give you the break down of there oil unlike royal purple that you know is a full sythetic oil.

http://www.royalpurple.com/prodsa/rpmoa.html

(click on MSDS (pdf))

in there it gives you a nice break down of some things, if Mobil1 was ever to produce something like that then maybe they might have some law suits against them.

Remember that new supersyn from mobil has more additives then the tri syth from the past. Or friction modifiers.

Also note they say its sythetic correct it has PAO's in it. A true sythetic oil is polyalkyleneglycol (chemical name). Mobil1 is Polyalphaolifins. So right there its not a full sythetic oil...