Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Karl Rove

bxbomb

I got a question who leaked too Novak and why does no one care about that that was the real leak if it was a leak at all.

I think we need to find out all the facts before we start calling anyone a traitor.

I would really like to find out who talked to novak.

I just think there are a whole bunch of things surrounding this that don't smell right but from what I see right now I don't think Rove did anything illegal but he did kinda step in it. so I think he should Resign just to save the administration some face.

But I gotta ask again who was the original leak that outed Valerie plame? and more importantly what was her status cause if she wasn't covert which I haven't seen any evidence that she was. I think this is just a witch hunt.

not a witch hunt

Rove is the sleaziest scumbag to grace the beltway since Carvelle.

and i would bet big $$$$$ that it was Rove getting or giving blowwjobs to Jeff Gannon in the white house , so much for neo-cons being anti gay :love:

and how the fuck does that story with jeff gannon get swept under the rug

where is ken starr when you need him?

You anti-Bushies and liberals needs to plug up your dripping vaginas until ALL the facts come out...........right now, it looks like Rove at a minimum used poor judgement, and there should be a consequence for that.......but hold off on the accusations of deliberately outing a CIA agent....

We will have to see how this unfolds and what the facts are....because right now, there is simply not enough info...

Just curious, why were you libs not having your thongs crawling up your ass with the Sandy Berger scandal (that the press did their best to mute)......

Here is an interesting read on what is known so far ...

July 12, 2005, 4:26 p.m.

Lawyer: Cooper “Burned†Karl Rove

Rove’s attorney talks to NRO.

Byron York

The lawyer for top White House adviser Karl Rove says that Time reporter Matthew Cooper "burned" Rove after a conversation between the two men concerning former ambassador Joseph Wilson's fact-finding mission to Niger and the role Wilson's wife, CIA employee Valerie Plame, played in arranging that trip. Nevertheless, attorney Robert Luskin says Rove long ago gave his permission for all reporters, including Cooper, to tell prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald about their conversations with Rove.

In an interview with National Review Online, Luskin compared the contents of a July 11, 2003, internal Time e-mail written by Cooper with the wording of a story Cooper co-wrote a few days later. "By any definition, he burned Karl Rove," Luskin said of Cooper. "If you read what Karl said to him and read how Cooper characterizes it in the article, he really spins it in a pretty ugly fashion to make it seem like people in the White House were affirmatively reaching out to reporters to try to get them to them to report negative information about Plame."

First the e-mail. According to a report in Newsweek, Cooper's e-mail to Time Washington bureau chief Michael Duffy said, "Spoke to Rove on double super secret background for about two mins before he went on vacation..." Cooper said that Rove had warned him away from getting "too far out on Wilson," and then passed on Rove's statement that neither Vice President Dick Cheney nor CIA Director George Tenet had picked Wilson for the trip; "it was, KR said, wilson's wife, who apparently works at the agency on wmd issues who authorized the trip." Finally — all of this is according to the Newsweek report — Cooper's e-mail said that "not only the genesis of the trip is flawed an[d] suspect but so is the report. he [Rove] implied strongly that there's still plenty to implicate iraqi interest in acquiring uranium fro[m] Niger..."

A few days after sending the e-mail, Cooper co-wrote an article headlined "A War on Wilson?" that appeared on Time's website. The story began, "Has the Bush administration declared war on a former ambassador who conducted a fact-finding mission to probe possible Iraqi interest in African uranium? Perhaps."

The story continued:

Some government officials have noted to Time in interviews (as well as to syndicated columnist Robert Novak) that Wilson's wife, Valerie Plame, is a CIA official who monitors the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. These officials have suggested that she was involved in her husband's being dispatched to Niger to investigate reports that Saddam Hussein's government had sought to purchase large quantities of uranium ore, sometimes referred to as yellow cake, which is used to build nuclear devices.

Plame's role in Wilson's assignment was later confirmed by a Senate Intelligence Committee investigation.

Luskin told NRO that the circumstances of Rove's conversation with Cooper undercut Time's suggestion of a White House "war on Wilson." According to Luskin, Cooper originally called Rove — not the other way around — and said he was working on a story on welfare reform. After some conversation about that issue, Luskin said, Cooper changed the subject to the weapons of mass destruction issue, and that was when the two had the brief talk that became the subject of so much legal wrangling. According to Luskin, the fact that Rove did not call Cooper; that the original purpose of the call, as Cooper told Rove, was welfare reform; that only after Cooper brought the WMD issue up did Rove discuss Wilson — all are "indications that this was not a calculated effort by the White House to get this story out."

"Look at the Cooper e-mail," Luskin continues. "Karl speaks to him on double super secret background...I don't think that you can read that e-mail and conclude that what Karl was trying to do was to get Cooper to publish the name of Wilson's wife."

Nor, says Luskin, was Rove trying to "out" a covert CIA agent or "smear" her husband. "What Karl was trying to do, in a very short conversation initiated by Cooper on another subject, was to warn Time away from publishing things that were going to be established as false." Luskin points out that on the evening of July 11, 2003, just hours after the Rove-Cooper conversation, then-CIA Director George Tenet released a statement that undermined some of Wilson's public assertions about his report. "Karl knew that that [Tenet] statement was in gestation," says Luskin. "I think a fair reading of the e-mail was that he was trying to warn Cooper off from going out on a limb on [Wilson's] allegations."

Luskin also shed light on the waiver that Rove signed releasing Cooper from any confidentiality agreement about the conversation. Luskin says Rove originally signed a waiver in December 2003 or in January 2004 (Luskin did not remember the exact date). The waiver, Luskin continues, was written by the office of special prosecutor Fitzgerald, and Rove signed it without making any changes — with the understanding that it applied to anyone with whom he had discussed the Wilson/Plame matter. "It was everyone's expectation that the waiver would be as broad as it could be," Luskin says.

Cooper and New York Times reporter Judith Miller have expressed concerns that such waivers (top Cheney aide Lewis Libby also signed one) might have been coerced and thus might not have represented Rove's true feelings. Yet from the end of 2003 or beginning of 2004, until last Wednesday, Luskin says, Rove had no idea that there might be any problem with the waiver.

It was not until that Wednesday, the day Cooper was to appear in court, that that changed. "Cooper's lawyer called us and said, "Can you confirm that the waiver encompasses Cooper?" Luskin recalls. "I was amazed. He's a lawyer. It's not rocket science. [The waiver] says 'any person.' It's that broad. So I said, 'Look, I understand that you want reassurances. If Fitzgerald would like Karl to provide you with some other assurances, we will.'" Luskin says he got in touch with the prosecutor — "Rule number one is cooperate with Fitzgerald, and there is no rule number two," Luskin says — and asked what to do. According to Luskin, Fitzgerald said to go ahead, and Luskin called Cooper's lawyer back. "I said that I can reaffirm that the waiver that Karl signed applied to any conversations that Karl and Cooper had," Luskin says. After that — which represented no change from the situation that had existed for 18 months — Cooper made a dramatic public announcement and agreed to testify.

A few other notes: Luskin declined to say how Rove knew that Plame "apparently" (to use Cooper's word) worked at the CIA. But Luskin told NRO that Rove is not hiding behind the defense that he did not identify Wilson's wife because he did not specifically use her name. Asked if that argument was too legalistic, Luskin said, "I agree with you. I think it's a detail."

Luskin also addressed the question of whether Rove is a "subject" of the investigation. Luskin says Fitzgerald has told Rove he is not a "target" of the investigation, but, according to Luskin, Fitzgerald has also made it clear that virtually anyone whose conduct falls within the scope of the investigation, including Rove, is considered a "subject" of the probe. "'Target' is something we all understand, a very alarming term," Luskin says. On the other hand, Fitzgerald "has indicated to us that he takes a very broad view of what a subject is."

Finally, Luskin conceded that Rove is legally free to publicly discuss his actions, including his grand-jury testimony. Rove has not spoken publicly, Luskin says, because Fitzgerald specifically asked him not to.

dripping vaginas ...get some new material

played out bitch ass trick

and guilty??? ..yeh i guess your right he never said her name , He just gave her job title description and said who was her husband!!!!

takes a rocket scientist to put those clues together .

dripping vaginas ...get some new material

played out bitch ass trick

and guilty??? ..yeh i guess your right he never said her name , He just gave her job title description and said who was her husband!!!!

takes a rocket scientist to put those clues together .

Plug your dripping vagina, take a Sandy Berger reality pill, pull off your anti-Bush blinders, and find a rocket scientist to read the above to you, and explain to you that the "clues" you speak of are not exclusive of all the facts, yet, unless of course you are simply a Bush hater, and choose to see only what you want to see........that wouldn't be you, would it?

As I stated before, and you had difficulty reading based on your IQ level, at a minimum, it looks like Rove used bad, or lazy, judgement. There is NO PROOF, or any sign of DELIBERATE INTENT that he outed the CIA agent. Yet. Instead, it looks like there is proof of the very opposite.

But let me tell you what does not need a rocket scientist to pull together clues: you moronic anti-Bush cunts and your constant hyper-vomiting is played out, and in desperate need of a rocket scientist to give you some new material, because the whole is one giant tired scene.

Now that is a fact.

Plug your dripping vagina, take a Sandy Berger reality pill, pull off your anti-Bush blinders, and find a rocket scientist to read the above to you, and explain to you that the "clues" you speak of are not exclusive of all the facts, yet, unless of course you are simply a Bush hater, and choose to see only what you want to see........that wouldn't be you, would it?

As I stated before, and you had difficulty reading based on your IQ level, at a minimum, it looks like Rove used bad, or lazy, judgement. There is NO PROOF, or any sign of DELIBERATE INTENT that he outed the CIA agent. Yet. Instead, it looks like there is proof of the very opposite.

But let me tell you what does not need a rocket scientist to pull together clues: you moronic anti-Bush cunts and your constant hyper-vomiting is played out, and in desperate need of a rocket scientist to give you some new material, because the whole is one giant tired scene.

Now that is a fact.

bwahahhaha

you sir are a great american

oh sandy berger smuggling doccuments in his pants ...yeh not a good thing and should have been some major time for him as well ...im not discussing that right now am I ...way to difuse a controversy with bringing up one form years ago

rove maliciously leaked info on her identity ...granted never gave her name out but with payback in mind for to wilson who dared to go against Bush policy

Scumbag Rove has a history of thsi shit ,smeared Mccain which was mind boggling considering what he did over at the hanoi hilton while GW was doing rails off of a hookers ass in some honky tonk in Texas and , outed Mccains wife for being a vicodin addict, smeared KErry left and right behind that fraud swiftboat for veterans bullshit

the guy is a closet homosexual that would be run out of his spot if his Far right relligious nut faction ever found out about his penchant for pseudo reporters by day and internet gay prostitutes by night

oh by the way NO YELLOW CAKE!!

bwahahhaha

you sir are a great american

oh sandy berger smuggling doccuments in his pants ...yeh not a good thing and should have been some major time for him as well ...im not discussing that right now am I ...way to difuse a controversy with bringing up one form years ago

rove maliciously leaked info on her identity ...granted never gave her name out but with payback in mind for to wilson who dared to go against Bush policy

Scumbag Rove has a history of thsi shit ,smeared Mccain which was mind boggling considering what he did over at the hanoi hilton while GW was doing rails off of a hookers ass in some honky tonk in Texas and , outed Mccains wife for being a vicodin addict, smeared KErry left and right behind that fraud swiftboat for veterans bullshit

the guy is a closet homosexual that would be run out of his spot if his Far right relligious nut faction ever found out about his penchant for pseudo reporters by day and internet gay prostitutes by night

oh by the way NO YELLOW CAKE!!

Case closed.

Case closed.

wow you really let me have it on that response Captain

way to address the issues

Karl rove, Jeff Gannon and igloo sitting in a tree :makeout::love:

wow you really let me have it on that response Captain

way to address the issues

Karl rove, Jeff Gannon and igloo sitting in a tree :makeout::love:

The issue was addressed imbecile...clearly you fucking schmuck.

Your tired, you whole being is tired, boring. Not even laughable or amusing any longer, just boring. Case closed.

The issue was addressed imbecile...clearly you fucking schmuck.

Your tired, you whole being is tired, boring. Not even laughable or amusing any longer, just boring. Case closed.

just for you sparky

As you probably know, George W. Bush's friendly architect is in trouble because an email revealed by Newsweek's Michael Isikoff showed that Time's Matt Cooper had spoken to Rove on July 11, 2003--three days before the Plame/ CIA leak was first published by conservative columnist Bob Novak--and that Rove had told Cooper that "Wilson's wife" apparently worked for the CIA. This evidence, of course, contradicted previous White House statements that Rove had nothing to do with the leak--which is why the White House has been engaged this week in a ridiculous act of stonewalling by refusing to answer any and all questions related to Rove.

But while the White House tries to wish this scandal away, Rove's pals at the GOP and within the conservative media have fashioned a defense. It breaks down to three main points. All are them are untrue or misleading. So spin the wheel:

Rove did not reveal classified information. Wrong. He did. The Intelligence Identities Protection Act of 1982 defines the CIA employment status of an undercover CIA officer (which Valerie Wilson was) as "classified information." So by disclosing that Valerie Wilson worked at the CIA, Rove--wittingly or not--was indeed passing classified information to a reporter. I explain this further in another column. Click here to read that.

Rove did not ID Plame/Wilson by name. Perhaps. In Cooper's email, Cooper reported that Rove had discussed "Wilson's wife." Maybe he didn't use her name in his conversation with Cooper. But this is irrelevant. Under the Intelligence Identities Protection Act, it's a crime for a government official to disclose intentionally "any information identifying" an undercover intelligence officer. To commit a crime, it is not necessary to say the person's name. Noting that a person's spouse is a CIA officer is certainly identifying that CIA officer. After all, it would not have been too hard for Cooper--or any other reporter--to find the name of Wilson's wife; it was available on the Internet.

Rove was merely trying to help Cooper. How kind of him. First, the Intelligence Identities Protection Act does not say that it's okay to out a CIA official as long as you're trying to assist a journalist. This is no defense. Secondly, Rove's pals claim that he was attempting to prevent Cooper from writing a piece with false information in it. But, according to that infamous memo, Rove said that "Wilson's wife" had "authorized" Wilson's now-controversial trip to Niger, where he was sent to by the CIA to check out allegations that Iraq was shopping for weapons-grade uranium there. (He concluded there was nothing to this charge.) The aim for Rove was to challenge Wilson's account of his trip. But Wilson's wife had not "authorized" the trip. She had recommended to her colleagues that they talk to Wilson about the Niger allegation, and his trip emerged out of these discussions. Rove was passing bad info to Cooper. He was not performing community service as a pro bono factchecker for Time magazine.

So what's left for Rove? He can argue that he did not know Valerie Wilson was an undercover CIA officer. If special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald cannot prove that Rove was aware of her undercover status, he has not much of a case under the Intelligence Identities Protection Act. (Perjury might be another matter.) But the Bush White House, Rove and his comrades in the conservative media cannot argue Rove did nothing wrong--unless they want to claim it's fine to leak classified information that reveals the identity of a covert CIA officer (who was working to prevent the spread of WMDs) in order to undermine a critic. That's the spin-free reality.

hmmmmmm i wonder why Dubya cant come out and give his support for ole Karl

i oh yeah the "investigation" is incomplete

just remember to stick to your promise george

WASHINGTON - Republicans are nervously watching the fight over Karl Rove's involvement in a news leak that exposed a CIA officer's identity, fearing that President Bush's chief political adviser is creating a credibility problem at the White House.

While the president passed up another chance Wednesday to directly voice confidence in his deputy chief of staff, his political team engineered a series of testimonials from members of Congress who praised Rove and condemned Democratic critics. And Bush's press secretary, Scott McClellan, told reporters the president has confidence in his longtime confidant.

"The extreme left is once again attempting to define the modern Democratic Party by rabid partisan attacks, character assassination and endless negativity," said Rep. Tom Reynolds, R-N.Y., chairman of the GOP congressional campaign committee. The Republican National Committee, virtually a political arm of the White House, urged GOP lawmakers to go public.

Still, several top GOP officials — including some White House advisers — said the fight was becoming a distraction to Bush's agenda. The GOP officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because of Bush's friendship with Rove, said the president may face a credibility problem because his spokesman said in September that anybody involved in the leak would be fired.

These Republicans, all admirers of Rove, said they were surprised and disappointed when Bush stopped short of publicly backing his longtime aide.

Their concerns were reflected in a Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll that showed a plurality of voters rate Bush negatively on "being honest and straightforward" for the first time in his presidency. The focus on Rove comes as Bush publicly wrestles with a Supreme Court vacancy and growing voter unease with his policies on Iraq and Social Security.

A survey of Republicans outside Washington revealed similar concerns, though few officials were willing to go on record.

"I think he should resign," said Jim Holt, a GOP state senator from Arkansas who is running for lieutenant governor. He joked, "I hope Karl Rove doesn't come gunning for me."

Meanwhile, Plame's husband, former Ambassador Joseph Wilson, called on Bush Thurday to fire Rove, saying that the president's confidant had engaged in an "abuse of power."

In an interview broadcast on NBC's "Today" show, Wilson decried what he called a White House "stonewall" in the wake of the Rove revelations.

Bush said Wednesday that he would not discuss the matter further until a criminal investigation is finished.

"This is a serious investigation," the president told reporters after a Cabinet meeting Wednesday, where Rove sat just behind him. "And it is very important for people not to prejudge the investigation based on media reports."

Bush has passed up several opportunities to voice support for Rove, though the political operative's allies were told the vote of confidence was to come Wednesday. In a silent show of support, Bush chatted amiably with Rove as the pair walked to Marine One for the president's trip to Wisconsin on Thursday.

A federal grand jury heard more testimony Wednesday in its probe into whether anyone in the administration illegally leaked the name of CIA officer Valerie Plame in July 2003. Her husband, former ambassador Joseph Wilson, a critic of the administration's rationale for invading Iraq, has said the leak was an attempt to discredit him.

Time magazine reporter Matthew Cooper, who wrote an article that identified Plame, appeared before the grand jury for 2 1/2 hours.

Rove's attorney, Robert Luskin, said in a statement, "Cooper's truthful testimony today will not call into question the accuracy or completeness of anything Rove has previously said to the prosecutor or the grand jury. If the prosecutor seeks additional information from Rove in light of Cooper's testimony, Rove will promptly supply it.

Each political side intensified its attempts to discredit the other on Wednesday, producing a flurry of press releases and news conferences.

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., and three other Senate Democratic leaders — Charles Schumer of New York, Dick Durbin of Illinois and Debbie Stabenow of Michigan — sent a letter to Andrew Card, the White House chief of staff, asking him to release results of an initial internal investigation into the leak.

MoveOn.org, a liberal advocacy group, announced its members would stage a protest in front of the White House on Thursday to demand Rove's firing.

A survey of more than a dozen Republicans who live outside Washington found most siding with the White House. "It's a tempest in a teapot," said Denzil Garrison, former state GOP leader in Oklahoma.

Holt, the lieutenant governor candidate in Arkansas, said he was assigned to the National Security Agency while serving in the Army from 1989 to 1996. "If I were an operative, I sure wouldn't want anybody to reveal my identity," he said.

The White House previously has said Rove was not involved in the leak. But an internal Time magazine e-mail disclosed over the weekend suggested Rove mentioned to Time reporter Cooper that Wilson's wife was a CIA agent.

___

lets step back for a minute here.

perhaps rove didnt break the law or commit perjury. there is still an issue of the credibility of the Bush administration and Rove. The administration has denied any knowledge of the leak, and both the administration and Rove himself claimed that he (rove) had NOTHING to do with this.

you can agrue that Bush administration didnt know that Rove was involved. However, that would mean that Rove lied to the administration (and the public).

why does Rove still have a job? :confused:

lets step back for a minute here.

perhaps rove didnt break the law or commit perjury. there is still an issue of the credibility of the Bush administration and Rove. The administration has denied any knowledge of the leak, and both the administration and Rove himself claimed that he (rove) had NOTHING to do with this.

you can agrue that Bush administration didnt know that Rove was involved. However, that would mean that Rove lied to the administration (and the public).

why does Rove still have a job? :confused:

If you want to step back a minute, the reason Rove still has a job is because not all the facts have been released yet..........unless of course, you believe David Corn, moveOn and Arianna Huffington has a balanced, objective view and a monopoly on the facts on this (as the retarded bxbomb does)..

There is a big difference in DELIBERATE INTENT, as morons like bxbomb hope for so they can print new t-shirts to replace their tired usual vomit, and the true explanation of how Rove was involved, which as yet to come (especially when you consider that Wilson's wife may have worked at a CIA desk for years, not covert, and Novack and Cooper already had the leak prior to speaking to Rove)...

If anything what the available facts do show is that Rove has not and was not doing anything to "punish" Wilson, as the left and Dems have been pushing in their hope of "getting" Rove and Bush.

If you want to step back a minute, the reason Rove still has a job is because not all the facts have been released yet..........unless of course, you believe David Corn, moveOn and Arianna Huffington has a balanced, objective view and a monopoly on the facts on this (as the retarded bxbomb does)..

There is a big difference in DELIBERATE INTENT, as morons like bxbomb hope for so they can print new t-shirts to replace their tired usual vomit, and the true explanation of how Rove was involved, which as yet to come (especially when you consider that Wilson's wife may have worked at a CIA desk for years, not covert, and Novack and Cooper already had the leak prior to speaking to Rove)...

If anything what the available facts do show is that Rove has not and was not doing anything to "punish" Wilson, as the left and Dems have been pushing in their hope of "getting" Rove and Bush.

retarded??? ok there Corky

KArl Rove is fucking sleaze and should be let go. Dubya should cut his losses before his poll #s for amercia believing slip into the #0's

if this was on the other foot LIke Carvelle in the midst of the same controversy...your favorite word "undermine" couldnt get out of that jizz filled mouth of yours fast enough

retarded??? ok there Corky

KArl Rove is fucking sleaze and should be let go. Dubya should cut his losses before his poll #s for amercia believing slip into the #0's

if this was on the other foot LIke Carvelle in the midst of the same controversy...your favorite word "undermine" couldnt get out of that jizz filled mouth of yours fast enough

Son, you are a bore, and you are lost. Don't you have a rally to join based on nothing but getting a group of losers together to feel better about themselves?

I know you were counting on Rovegate to take away the pain of having all the shit you blowhards throw up against the wall never stick, but take some comfort in knowing that you mental midgets will simply move on to the next pile of shit to rally around.....but as usual, it will end up the same...much ado about nothing.

Son, you are a bore, and you are lost. Don't you have a rally to join based on nothing but getting a group of losers together to feel better about themselves?

I know you were counting on Rovegate to take away the pain of having all the shit you blowhards throw up against the wall never stick, but take some comfort in knowing that you mental midgets will simply move on to the next pile of shit to rally around.....but as usual, it will end up the same...much ado about nothing.

red headed stepson YOU are the bigggest bore around here with your Defend the fatherland ,right wing is the right way atttitude. and just throw the driopping vagina comments at anyone who dares to differ from your lame ass positition

get over yourself loser , your cutting and pasting and atttempting to form your own opinions on a frikkin NIGHTCLUB message board a NIGHTCLUB message board...way to go chief make the GOP proud

your "attacks" on me are pathetic at best and do nothing but shed light on what your really all about

rovegate is far from over wait to the Jeff gannon links come out

by the way do you have the addy to that Jeff gannon gay prostitute web site ? Im sure you do :love:

centrist .......look it up