Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why do you think Spirit 'failed'?

i totally disagreee. i don't think spirit failed AT ALL.. it might not meet up to certain people's expectations... considering what you're looking for in a club.. meaning if you want ritz, bright lights, a place to be seen, not give a shit about whatever music/dj is spinning and schmoozing is a priority.. then spirit is not the place for you. i've never had a problem with any people there, most of the crowd seems completely absorbed in the night, the party, the music etc etc and contribute a nice vibe for the rest to enjoy.. the upstairs is A fucking plus: dark dark dark and you can be as silly and extreme as you want in there.. not to mention what dj's made events is bringing there! c'mon lee burridge at spirit this friday.. that's failing??

out of all the "super" clubs, i have an EXCEPTIONAL time there.. the system is great, the majority of the people mind their fucking business, security is alright by me, it's nice and dark and dirty, reminiscent of vinyl in its prime.

i havent been to spirit yet. I miss grimey clubs though. Vinyl/Arc - SF (Pre guido days- miss jane "its a nice day" days (98?)...Metropolis....

CLUBS ARENT GIRMEY ENOUGH..

WE NEED TO GO BACK TO THE ROOTS..lol

Grimey Inside..BUT WITH FUN PEOPLE

Crack heads..drag queens...normal people...some dressed up..some dressed like slobs....all mixed together like it used to be

crobar = http://www.thephatphree.com/features.asp?StoryID=239&SectionID=11

so many of those....

half the times i go to crobar..people are standing..barely moving/..sippiing their drinks..with a fe win the fornt ..truly bugging out...its a trendy club..with AMAZING talent..its weird.

CENTROFLY was the BEST! classy place..but with a vibe that destroyed all other clubs. WORRY FREE FUN...id b there eveyr night if it was still open.

right because nobody likes to stand around with a drink and actually have a conversation :rolleyes:

you're an idiot :blown:

You quoted my post out of context...the rest of my post states " if you like to dance imo"... i like to dance rather than talk...i spoke for myself only

All I got to say is STFU!!!!!! All this talk about how "A CLUB SHOULD BE" or

“SPIRIT SUCKS BECAUSE" give me a fucking break, it's a fucking place to dance and have fun no to cater to all you knuckle heads personally! @! WTF why don't some of you do what some of these people have been doing for years? I mean sure spirit is an OK club but it can be better and by complaining isn’t going to help the place, maybe if you write to some of the promoters on some positive feed back? NA that wont be good right? Lol geezzz I hate it when people talk about how things SHOULD be when they were never in there shoes! Just STFU and DANCE!

Any club that serves alcohol in plastic cups is not worth my money.....Turn that place into a parking lot, NYC needs more of those..

Any place that serves liquor in a glass should not allow dancing.

Crobar at 4 am is a pathetic mess of broken glass, puke and tossed napkins.

Luckily everyone talks there and no one dances, cuz someone could get hurt.

Any place that serves liquor in a glass should not allow dancing.

Crobar at 4 am is a pathetic mess of broken glass, puke and tossed napkins.

Luckily everyone talks there and no one dances, cuz someone could get hurt.

Point made.

It's possible, if they had a better cleaning crew that this would not be the case. However, just my preference since I hate paying $8 for shitty tasting beer once it hits plastic cups and warms up...

Point made.

It's possible, if they had a better cleaning crew that this would not be the case. However, just my preference since I hate paying $8 for shitty tasting beer once it hits plastic cups and warms up...

then stay home White Can Bud...who the fuck drinks beer at a club???

I agree with Glowball, all this arguing is nonsense, yeah Spirits security sucks but they never bothered me, Gee? I wonder why??...its dirty and grimy which is what I like and brings in some great talent BUT IT WILL NEVER BE TWILO

Crobar is a great venue but filled with pretentious idiots who dont dance, drop their glasses filled w/cranberry vodka everywhere and ruin it for everyone who is there to hear the top notch talent on a shitty system...end of discussion

then stay home White Can Bud...who the fuck drinks beer at a club???

Who drinks beer in a club??!@?! What kind of question is that? Now you have a problem with ppl drinking beer in a club? Why dont you just take your drugs in your living room and just pass out there instead of infecting us all with your shit. People go to clubs for different reasons. Just because they don't share your reason to go doesn't give you the fucking right to go around trashing beer and vodka/cranberry drinkers.

You need to get a fucking clue.

If you like dirty and grimy, go wet yourself and dance in your basement.

Me? Well when I go to a club, i dont care if you drink beer, vodka & cranberry, snort coke, take e, dance funky or just stand around. If you are having a good time, its good enough for me. People having a good time regardless of whether they are wearing tank tops, suits, sweats or nothing at all, is what a club needs. Not snotnosed condescending insulting ppl like you who grimace at people who may have a different agenda from you.

Who drinks beer in a club??!@?! What kind of question is that? Now you have a problem with ppl drinking beer in a club? Why dont you just take your drugs in your living room and just pass out there instead of infecting us all with your shit. People go to clubs for different reasons. Just because they don't share your reason to go doesn't give you the fucking right to go around trashing beer and vodka/cranberry drinkers.

Me? Well when I go to a club, i dont care if you drink beer, vodka & cranberry, snort coke, take e, dance funky or just stand around. If you are having a good time, its good enough for me. People having a good time regardless of whether they are wearing tank tops, suits, sweats or nothing at all, is what a club needs. Not snotnosed condescending insulting ppl like you who grimace at people who may have a different agenda from you.

very nicely said

Yur right. It IS a little bright in there. But then again, it has a huuuuuuge ceiling. Huuuuuuge ceiling and sound usually don't go well together. *shrug*. I do think it could use more resting spots that isn't VIP. But whatever, we'll just have to live with it or go elsewhere.

All I got to say is STFU!!!!!! All this talk about how "A CLUB SHOULD BE" or

“SPIRIT SUCKS BECAUSE" give me a fucking break, it's a fucking place to dance and have fun no to cater to all you knuckle heads personally! @! WTF why don't some of you do what some of these people have been doing for years? I mean sure spirit is an OK club but it can be better and by complaining isn’t going to help the place, maybe if you write to some of the promoters on some positive feed back? NA that wont be good right? Lol geezzz I hate it when people talk about how things SHOULD be when they were never in there shoes! Just STFU and DANCE!

Well, if whoever's in charge has/had the same open attitude towards its customers' reflexion and needs, it sure won't/didn't improve that club. What's your problem? You work there or something? You should relax a little bit, it's just a club you know.

LMFAO...yo calm urself son, you may pop that vein in your forehead

funny you're rankin on me while the guy b4 was complaining that Spirit sucks b/c they serve his beer in plastic cup...I dont know about you, but IMO, that's not good reason to bash a club...I see more of a safety precaution, but what do I know, maybe it consititutes burnin the fuckin place down :ghey:

now sit back, relax, pop open a can and rub your beer gut