Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Change is a comin at Spirit

From Spirit's new Web site (they are moving ahead)

“Spirit - under new managementâ€

Spirit is pleased to announce that the Executive Management Team from the recently sold Avalon, are taking over the operational reins at Spirit.

The new management team will be headed up by veteran nightclub promoter and producer John Blair and will commence operations on July 28th 2005. John brings a wealth of talent and experience to the company and in his new role as Executive Director, will be responsible in overseeing all aspects of the club.

In addition, John brings a number of key personnel who will assist him in running the club. Fedor Banuchi has been successfully working as Promotional Director for the Avalon Group in both New York and Boston for over 8 years and will continue in this role at Spirit. Sorin Abraham has more than a decade of experience, expertise and success in the areas of trend-based marketing and promotional events. He served as Executive Director of the Tunnel, Limelight and Palladium nightclubs, as well as Co-Promotional Director of Avalon in New York. He will continue to perform this role at Spirit.

The General Manager responsibilities will be undertaken by FLXX Chaparro-Pitre, who through his relations with some of the top DJ's and promoters in NYC, has successfully managed such highly regarded nightclubs as Limelight, Tunnel, Palladium, USA, xl and most recently Avalon. He will be assisted by John Ketabchi, who previously managed Plaid.

The new security team will be headed up by John Dabrowski (a former Nassau County Policeman) and Adam El-Asha. Throughout their years in the business, both men have acquired great insight and knowledge in the operations of nightclubs and the special needs of patrons and the surrounding community.

We welcome this exciting, new opportunity and are looking forward to a long and successful relationship.

For further information, contact Melissa Mc Coach at Spirit on (212) 268 - 9477 or email melissa@spiritnewyork.com.

hmmm.,. so spirit can fail the same exact way that avalon did, right?

Not necessarily. Just b/c the management team is the same doesn't mean that they're not going to make some changes. They'd have to be pretty stupid to follow the same plan as they did w/ Avalon. So hopefully they've addressed the problems that they had and are working to correct them. Guess we'll have to wait and see how it goes...

Not necessarily. Just b/c the management team is the same doesn't mean that they're not going to make some changes. They'd have to be pretty stupid to follow the same plan as they did w/ Avalon. So hopefully they've addressed the problems that they had and are working to correct them. Guess we'll have to wait and see how it goes...

i dont get it really... i mean im a fan of avalon but i hate the crowd.. but they packed that place week in week out no??

i dont get it really... i mean im a fan of avalon but i hate the crowd.. but they packed that place week in week out no??

Any time that I was ever there, the place was pretty packed, although I haven't been there in like 6 months. But with their lease being so expensive, maybe they weren't making enough money to make it worth their while. Maybe at Spirit, they will begin to cater to an older crowd and stop the 18+ events. That crowd will spend more $ on alcohol, and the lease will probably cost less too. Maybe that's what they have in mind.....

Any time that I was ever there, the place was pretty packed, although I haven't been there in like 6 months. But with their lease being so expensive, maybe they weren't making enough money to make it worth their while. Maybe at Spirit, they will begin to cater to an older crowd and stop the 18+ events. That crowd will spend more $ on alcohol, and the lease will probably cost less too. Maybe that's what they have in mind.....

They're moving to Spirit as to allow more patrons to be serviced. Avalon Nighclub was too small and could hold a little over 1,000 people. Spirit now boosts that amount to about 2,000 plus. This was confirmed by Fedor on an interview with C.Planet.

The change is all for competitive reasons.