Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who should pop the big question?

Just wondering how you guys feel.

How many of you woman would ask a man to marry you?

And men how would you feel if a woman asked you to marry her?

I would have no problem asking a man to marry me.

cwm4.gif

------------------

The music makes the people come together...

a women should never (well almost never) ask a man to marry her unless she is 100% sure he is ready. even if he say's he is, he must do it on his own terms. the woman should wait for the guy. if the guy is not ready, he will undoubtedly run away. it happened to me once (not asking me to marry her) when she just mentioned the possibility of getting married. i know it was wrong but the next weekend, i don't know if it was consciously or subconsciously, i met another woman (who i thought was"the one.") that's another looooooong story...

anyway, she ended up marrying someone else... well they both ended up marrying someone else... it's all good though, no regrets... timing is everything and if it meant to be, i would be married already cwm32.gif

trust me, let the man do it. don't scare the shit out of him cwm31.gif . when he is ready, he will be more than happy to see that you are happy cwm12.gif

------------------

calvinan.gif

I've got more girls on my tip than a human shish-ka-bob!

I agree with k_car, that the woman should be 100% sure the man will say yes. Don't agree with the woman should never (or almost never) be the one to ask.

I have been asked twice so far, and unfortunately both of those times, I was no where near ready. It pretty much ended the realtionship on both counts (well at least that was part of the reason).

There is no problem with the woman asking, just beeeeee careful and be certain you are ready to accept whatever answer he gives you.

cwm30.gif

------------------

Hugh

a.k.a. ibhugh, Bryan Adams

email: ibhugh@yahoo.com

aolim: hugesk8r

I see...I understand how it works...a woman is always "ready" to get married BUT a woman has to wait until the man is "ready" to get married. It's all clear to me now. Makes total sense!!!

cwm34.gif

How about this way --- instead of having someone ask someone else or wait until it's convenient for someone else or until someone else is "ready", why doesn't the couple sit down and discuss whether either person is ready or even wants to get married. This way there is a mutual appreciation for each other and marriage. I think the traditional way of doing things is boring and restrictive.

cwm1.gif

I know, I know....it's my 2 cents worth and I agree with that!!!

cwm12.gif

Originally posted by lexxxi:

I see...I understand how it works...a woman is always "ready" to get married BUT a woman has to wait until the man is "ready" to get married. It's all clear to me now. Makes total sense!!!

isn't that what women do to men regarding sex???

------------------

calvinan.gif

Originally posted by k_car:

I will give you that to a certain extent (not my style but is the style of some women)...BUT BUT BUT I have also had men do that as well. cwm1.gif

I just think that both people should be involved in the decision and that one person shouldn't as another. cwm12.gif

Call me old fashioned.....but i want my guy to do the asking. I just think it's more romantic....=)

of course both of us would have to ready.

i think it goes both ways...if i wasn't ready and my guy asked me...things would def be different afterwards...but we'll know when the time is right...when we are both ready for that commitment~

How many of you woman would ask a man to marry you?

Not me. Call me old-fashioned, but I expect my man to pop the big question... I can't even imagine it being any other way... if other girls are all for it though, more power to you... cwm38.gif

------------------

The purpose of life? To die young as late as possible.

icon_happykittn.gificon_tarepanda.gificon_whip.gificon_hkstudy.gificon_sailormoon.gif

posted by happykittn:

Not me. Call me old-fashioned, but I expect my man to pop the big question... I can't even imagine it being any other way... if other girls are all for it though, more power to you...

will you marry me . . .

------------------

Life is too short to be small.

posted by happykittn:

You are sooooooooooooooooooo cute...

Honey, you MUST come over and spend some time with me and kitty19 sometime *soon*... you can stay in my room!!

when i give you your massage, do you like oil or lotion for your back . . .

gotta make my wife happy . . .

------------------

Life is too short to be small.

Originally posted by lexxxi:

Originally posted by k_car:

I will give you that to a certain extent (not my style but is the style of some women)...BUT BUT BUT I have also had men do that as well. cwm1.gif

I just think that both people should be involved in the decision and that one person shouldn't as another. cwm12.gif

i agree... nicely put. it takes 2 to tango... moreover, since marriage is much more intimate and life changing, both parties should definitelybe ready. unfortunately, we men typically a little slow...

cwm32.gif

------------------

calvinan.gif

well i'm kind've like a guy when it comes to the whole marriage thing. i'm terrified of the thought of it. it's a nice idea and all but i don't know that it's for me. the older i get the more freaked i get about the subject (not that i'm even in a relationship or anything but i was for five years and it ended at the point where it was either marriage or nothing)...but back to the point. i don't see anything wrong with a girl asking if that's her style but personally i'd like the guy to ask me if it's going to happen at all. just like i'd take the guy's name....i'm traditional i guess!

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny!!!

I can understand where the guys are coming from with the whole marriage thing. But I think that it is a little unfair that women have to wait for the guys to be ready in order to get married. I think that the tradition of a man asking a woman to marry him is getting old (no offense to anyone who prefers tradition). I would ask a man to marry me and hope that he won't get all freaked out about it. (no offense to the guys)