Clubplanet Nightlife Community

These police searches???

I actually agree "if they want us they will get us"

but this is a simple little task asked of you ....why argue and fight it based on the bullshit 4th ..

pullign me over and searhcign me cause of terrorism reaosns is a violation of that right IMO .....there are so many worse cases then this subway bullshit

get with the times is what i am saying...

and what protection do you think your afforded by the 4th ...you want a wake up call.....go read the patriot act....

you have no rights no more.....

and I criminal justice major..know all about the 4th ...and what it means and stands for....

mind you - you have the right to walk away from the search ....you still have your 4th amendment right ...so why are you bitching..

what you don't have ...is the freedom to ride the subway if you refuse such a search ....and I agree with them

cause if you dont want to get searched then apprently you have somethign to hide...

what good citizen will say "you cant search me cause of the 4th amendment" pleaaaaaaase ...tell that to anyone who lost someone in one of those london bombings.

stop being such a hippy and be a good american and do your part...

we live in a totally new world after 9/11 get with the times...to help protect our city...instead of being some liberal who does more bithcing and complaining and hurts us in the long run ...

when someone in your family dies (god for bid) in a bus bombing or whatever...I gurantee you will be singing a different tune

and ISRAEL is locked in a decades long religious war that is alot more fanatical then this IMO.....you have palestinian and bomb makers made much more readily then in the UNITED STATES>...

belive it or not it is much harder to buy material and build bombs post 9/11.....(i hope) and I hope it is because our NYPD and anti terrorist tasks forces are doign their jobs.

of course we willnever be 100 % safe....but if openign my bag to get searche dhelps...then it is every citizens right to oblige andmake it easier onthe people there to protect you .

no rights no more? criminal justice major? lol, so you want me to be impressed by the fact that you are going to be a juvenile probation officer? take a pre-law course and get back to me tough guy. yes the patriot act severly restricts the rights that most of us believe that we should or do posess, but that in no way means that we should give up the fight. if you really believe that they (the powers that be) are not pushing us further and further by slowly trying to restrict more and more liberties by hiding their true intentions behind "THE WAR ON TERROR", then i will let you get back to grazing in your pasture (baahh). all i'm saying is that maybe you should consider the fact that a conservative government and the military industrial complex should not be allowed to exercise unlimited power whenever they see fit, and when they do, the citizens should be a little more skeptical about said matters than they currently are. sorry, but i believe that history has and will prove me to be correct on this matter.

and what exactly, mr.moore, are their "true intentions?"

if you really believe that they (the powers that be) are not pushing us further and further by slowly trying to restrict more and more liberties by hiding their true intentions behind "THE WAR ON TERROR", then i will let you get back to grazing in your pasture (baahh).

no rights no more? criminal justice major? lol, so you want me to be impressed by the fact that you are going to be a juvenile probation officer? take a pre-law course and get back to me tough guy. yes the patriot act severly restricts the rights that most of us believe that we should or do posess, but that in no way means that we should give up the fight. if you really believe that they (the powers that be) are not pushing us further and further by slowly trying to restrict more and more liberties by hiding their true intentions behind "THE WAR ON TERROR", then i will let you get back to grazing in your pasture (baahh). all i'm saying is that maybe you should consider the fact that a conservative government and the military industrial complex should not be allowed to exercise unlimited power whenever they see fit, and when they do, the citizens should be a little more skeptical about said matters than they currently are. sorry, but i believe that history has and will prove me to be correct on this matter.

how am i a tough guy cause I said i was a cj major ? that just shows your ignorance with such a statment....

and I got into law school also buddy . ....but that means shit to what we are talking about...i merely said it so that I had some credibility...

you dont need a law degree for this

the second part of your answer deserves respect..

i see what your saying....but what I am saying...is that maybe I am a sheep but I am not going to make a stink abot this minor infringment on my 4th (restricted to public trans) because I belive that it is really nto that bad...what they are doign ..

checking my bags and others for my safety is fine by me...I dont expect it to be fine by everybody ..

they gov has not crossed the line by my standards....if random pat downs on the street are next...then I will be in alarm ...and mayeb this is the tip of the ice berg.....but till it gets to that point..I will still belive it is for our safety..( and trust me I am far from naive)

i was 50 / 50 at first...but I have come to not really care....it does nto affect my life...so what I am inconveinced by 5 minutes cause I have to open my bag....

maybe all it is, is a physcological campaign to deter terrorist and ease passengers..

I think it is better thne the government not doing anything at all ..

and enlighten us as to what the true intentions of the "WAR ON TERROR"

as you said ??

answer intelligently without calling the whole board stupid and shit .....that is onyl reason I called oyu a pussy .......if you cant hold a normal back and forth debate...then why bother.....you will only seem ignorant

And also, MTA is a public system...

i understand and agree.

but why not want to show your bag ???

does that really bother people so much .....

I woudl have been the first to disagree years ago as some teenage punk...but as a law abiding adult..wtf do i care....

it is in the interest of public safety to do my part IMO

yeah, calling me mr. moore is quite constructive i must admit. as for the tough guy comment, when you open up by calling people pussy on a message board, yeah, you're a fuckin tough guy obviously. but the point is that the infamous slippery slope is something to be fearful of. i do believe that it is possible, er most likely, that this is not as far as they will go infringing upon our rights. what happens when a park gets blown up in paris and our gov't insists on random searches in central park, union square etc.? will it bother any of you then? the other point is that the man power is simply just not there to make an actual impact deterring terrorists. however the other implications of random seaches that i have previously spoken about are much more frightening to an objective person i believe. and as usual, cheers

To the person who thinks police searches are stupid ..listen they need to do more searches you want to die inside a club you moron...I hope they do the searches god forbid a person went in there and did a bomb or something ..is our privacy worth dying for ..so what they go in your bag and shit it's better than laying six feet under in a casket with your family greiving over you ...Dont we all agree :mad:

yeah, calling me mr. moore is quite constructive i must admit. as for the tough guy comment, when you open up by calling people pussy on a message board, yeah, you're a fuckin tough guy obviously. but the point is that the infamous slippery slope is something to be fearful of. i do believe that it is possible, er most likely, that this is not as far as they will go infringing upon our rights. what happens when a park gets blown up in paris and our gov't insists on random searches in central park, union square etc.? will it bother any of you then? the other point is that the man power is simply just not there to make an actual impact deterring terrorists. however the other implications of random seaches that i have previously spoken about are much more frightening to an objective person i believe. and as usual, cheers

well written, i totally agree. i feel sorry for anyone who doesnt see their rights slipping away.

My man right here just schooled ya'll son. He is totally right imagine the day that they can just start searchin people at random!? No more days of relax calm walks through the parks. Just at random, cops cans search a womens panties ... and when thing escolate to that level, well then ... thats the day i sell out and join the force!

My man right here just schooled ya'll son. He is totally right imagine the day that they can just start searchin people at random!? No more days of relax calm walks through the parks. Just at random, cops cans search a womens panties ... and when thing escolate to that level, well then ... thats the day i sell out and join the force!

these people dont realize that it is closer than they think....

damn you, lol

i couldnt read all the trash here... i had a really really rough day at work... but i want to know what you people, who believe the searches are violating our rights, have to say about dwi searches...

dwi searches are profiled... ie) they dont stop old ladies, groups of old people, busdrivers, taxidrivers, other nypd cars, ems trucks etc. etc.

so yes they profile and they target kids who fit the description of a drunk driver... if they were stopping old ladies they would be wasting their time and letting a few drunk drivers go loose to possibly kill somebody...

yeah they dont catch all drunkdrivers but they do catch some, thus making the roads safe for other people... if they didnt set them up then EVERYBODY would have no qualms about driving home drunk..

use logic here... really...

im gonna throw it out there that i think all you people who oppose these searches are crazy.. they're doing it for own safety.. they're not sending paratroopers out of helicopters if they spot somebody high in the sky with a backpack... they're basically saying look.... "if you wanna try to blow up a train, we're gonna do our best to deter you"... no more, no less...

when you call the whole board "stupid" then expect to be called anything under the sun ..

now ...

I see what your saying about the park and shit .....but we willhave to cross that road when we come to it .....

our supreme court is no way going to alow our rights to be trampled on...but they sure as hell will let them be bent to preserve human life and safety of our citizens....and i dont mind.

you shoudl be a good american and do your part ...(not you specifically)...everoyne shoudl do what they can inthese times to put people as ease..

look at what happened in a jumpy london ..they shot some kid 7 times in the head for running on the platform with a bag...

we live in a fucked up changed world...

4th amendment was written a long time ago in a different world...not saying it is stupid and useless...god no.

but we have to bedn and adapt the rules to survive in this new war we have had thrust upon us.

let me ask you one question

do you think doing nothing instead is better ??

I dont see that day ever happening...

and when it comes close rto that ...i will be the first one to fight alogn side of you

my point here is

I dont see this one minor infringment on our 4th amendment right ( the searchign of bags on public transportation) a bad idea....

I am not giving them rights to pull me over for no reason ...(although they have that right at tunnels and such)

I woudl no way sanction stopping people at random on the street....but public transportation is a target we have to face it.

everoyne has their personal opinioon ..I respect what vek is saying...

prob sees this as the tip of the ice berg...and maybe he is right .....but only time will tell IMO

but fornow I am 100 % fine with taking 5 minutes out of my life..to put osme peoples minds at ease....and have a possible deterrant in effect.

dont forget it is a detterant ....no matter whose rights are violated

he wasnt even carrying a bag or wearing a heavy jacket......

my bad, imissed that article..

that makes it even worse...they def are jumpy cause of what happened...

was he running for a train ?

cause I saw a and written letter they have poste din london telling people not to run for the train...

scary shit ....

he wasnt even carrying a bag or wearing a heavy jacket......

actually he was carrying a bag and the undercovers said "stop, police" a few times but he kept on running...the person knew English and should've stopped...period. In that instance where they suspect someone is carrying a bomb, they can't shoot him in the leg to slow him down - the bomb could still be triggered...they had to put him down since he did not obey orders.

Tragic? Yes

Would this have happened if he stopped? No

Is it that hard to obey orders?

actually he was carrying a bag and the undercovers said "stop, police" a few times but he kept on running...the person knew English and should've stopped...period. In that instance where they suspect someone is carrying a bomb, they can't shoot him in the leg to slow him down - the bomb could still be triggered...they had to put him down since he did not obey orders.

Tragic? Yes

Would this have happened if he stopped? No

Is it that hard to obey orders?

I AGREE 100 %

cant shoot to wound in that situation ...

sad

but we have to change our way of life..

newsflash - terrorists don't care about the 4th....they pray for liberas and the aclu to get their way ...cuase in reality our freedom is what is making us most vulnerable...

just being a realist.........

i couldnt read all the trash here... i had a really really rough day at work... but i want to know what you people, who believe the searches are violating our rights, have to say about dwi searches...

dwi searches are profiled... ie) they dont stop old ladies, groups of old people, busdrivers, taxidrivers, other nypd cars, ems trucks etc. etc.

so yes they profile and they target kids who fit the description of a drunk driver... if they were stopping old ladies they would be wasting their time and letting a few drunk drivers go loose to possibly kill somebody...

yeah they dont catch all drunkdrivers but they do catch some, thus making the roads safe for other people... if they didnt set them up then EVERYBODY would have no qualms about driving home drunk..

use logic here... really...

im gonna throw it out there that i think all you people who oppose these searches are crazy.. they're doing it for own safety.. they're not sending paratroopers out of helicopters if they spot somebody high in the sky with a backpack... they're basically saying look.... "if you wanna try to blow up a train, we're gonna do our best to deter you"... no more, no less...

Driving is a pivelage not a right. Being secure in your persons is a fundemental right however and not a privelage. It is technically illegal to profile younger drivers and just as illegal to search somebody's car without "reasonable (ha) cause". So i really don't quite see your point at all.

who would you profile?

the second group of london bombers were blacks.

the first group of london bombers were Pakistani

the 9/11 hijackers were mostly saudi arabian

richard reid...the shoe bomber was jamican

vincent padilla....who was plotting terror attacks was hispanic

john walker lindh, timothy mcveigh, the unambomber, and the atlanta olympics bomber were all white

i still think that random bag searches are wrong because someone who has something can still easily slip through the cracks while our rights are being taken away....plus, its really annoying. Don't think that Im crazy, but I always carry mace in my bag just to stay safe since im always taking the trains by myself at like 3 in the morning....and when i heard that they were doing random bag searches, i had to take the mace out....so now what happens if someone were to attack me or force themselves on me or something??? i think that that's really unfair....

Luckily, I havent actually seen anybody's bags getting searched...i heard they were doing it a lot on the staten island ferry...but i always take the train from jfk airport and switch over to another train in the port authority, and i still havent seen any searches...

i dont want to jinx myself bc my bag is hella bag and it would just be really annoying to have to empty everything out before i get on the train...

two choices: get on a plane that had its passengers searched or a plane that did not, which one are you getting on? I f you answered the one with searches "You are correct sir" same goes for any transportation. I f i cannot ride the subways with peace of mind than my liberty has been taking away, my right to live. searches and profiling are just a couple of tools that make up the whole of what we have to achieve. You do not go looking for mafia suspects in Harlem or Bed-stuy, thats profiling, thats the way of life. Al-queda will probably have a hard time recruiting your 85 yr old grandma, so therefore the cops time should not be wasted checking her 40 pound purse. Just the idea of a potential search is a deterent to terrorists.

Driving is a pivelage not a right. Being secure in your persons is a fundemental right however and not a privelage. It is technically illegal to profile younger drivers and just as illegal to search somebody's car without "reasonable (ha) cause". So i really don't quite see your point at all.

they search you to go on airplane ??

are you against that ..,

yes they are private owned...but nto the terminals..most are policed by federal agencies....?

so why arent you sour about them searching there?

i am sure there was a time when you did nto get searched to go on planes....then some terrorist prob highjaked one and they called for searches....i bet someone felt so strongly against it as you do......

and i rather have this implemented now then after a few trains are blown up.

times change.....that is what you fail to realize...we can't afford the right to be as free as we want to be....sad to say

our freedom is our weakness IMO of course..

but I love this country more then anything..and to keep myself happy and the rest of society happy...this is a monor detail in the grand scheme of life.nowadays.

accept and adapt