Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rehab vs. Nirvana

Zooyorker

They both have their ups and downs

-Rehab is on the strip while Nirvana is about 15min drive

-rehab plays a mix, nirvana is all house

-rehab dwarfs nirvana in size

-lot of hotties at both

-there's never really a wait at nirvana but you can stand in line for a long time at rehab

-both aren't cheap, 30 cover for guys

-Nirvana has more locals and not as many tourists and by tourists i mean the overweight goliath shaking their cellulite in a bathing suit they bought 5 years ago that they think still fits.

All in all, both are great parties. The big question is, do you wanna make the trip to GVR from the strip. IMO, its worth it.

Those picture if I'm correct from Nirvana were Sunday July 17. After the wet T-shirtt contest that the girls holding the money are showing, a couple of bottles of Kristal were popped open where the contest was held. And with the contest, it seemed to kick off a whole new level of partying. Plus moonshine 7pm-10pm was in effect. People started really going crazy in terms of dancing and jumping up and down. Don't forget with house, and it spun hard people get energized and excited.

Both pool parties are cool, but if one was on Saturday and the other on Sunday, damn Vegas would definetly be better on the weekends in the Summer. Green Valley Ranch at Wiskey Beach on Friday nights hold free pool parties 7-11 pm.

Those picture if I'm correct from Nirvana were Sunday July 17. After the wet T-shirtt contest that the girls holding the money are showing, a couple of bottles of Kristal were popped open where the contest was held. And with the contest, it seemed to kick off a whole new level of partying. Plus moonshine 7pm-10pm was in effect. People started really going crazy in terms of dancing and jumping up and down. Don't forget with house, and it spun hard people get energized and excited.

Both pool parties are cool, but if one was on Saturday and the other on Sunday, damn Vegas would definetly be better on the weekends in the Summer. Green Valley Ranch at Wiskey Beach on Friday nights hold free pool parties 7-11 pm.

when u refer to house music what are you referring to? as in hard house, deep house, progressive, tribal...? i haven't been out there yet and just from researching clubs and dj's ive noticed that most(plz correct me) play hard house-trancyish?

thx

Hey there--

The dj line up is usually Dj Hollywood (Rain), Me (Dj Dakota), and Snezana. For Nirvana's vibe, our format here is Funky House, with popular remixes to uplifting vocals, getting progressively harder as the day turns to dusk. Every once in a while, I may slip in my traditional Progressive/Tribal House depending on if the crowd is ready for it. Snezana plays Harder Tribal style but varies it with old and new classics as well.

See you there!

Dj Dakota

www.djdakota.com

Hey Dakota, just want to give you some SERIOUS props. You are a great addition to the Nirvana team and I think you do a VERY awesome job. You should definitely meet my good friend Chris DeJesus who spins a very similar vibe as yours (he used to do house at OPM before they went hip-hop, and he has worked at Rehab and does a lot of work in El Paso and ABQ). Anyway, just wanted to let you know a lot of people enjoy what you bring and keep up the great vibe.

Hey there--

The dj line up is usually Dj Hollywood (Rain), Me (Dj Dakota), and Snezana. For Nirvana's vibe, our format here is Funky House, with popular remixes to uplifting vocals, getting progressively harder as the day turns to dusk. Every once in a while, I may slip in my traditional Progressive/Tribal House depending on if the crowd is ready for it. Snezana plays Harder Tribal style but varies it with old and new classics as well.

See you there!

Dj Dakota

www.djdakota.com

Use to listen to ur stuff at OPM. :rock: very gooood.