Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Guest lists

alright everyone,

Joined the forum a while ago now trying to find out the crack for clubbing over there. I'm from England and me and a couple of "mates" are coming over in September for a week. Been looking around on the net for which will be the best nights to try out but wonder if any of you can shed any light on the whole "guestlist" thing over there. what's the score with all these emails I've been getting promoting nights since I joined here saying guestlist for here there and everywhere, can you not just turn up at clubs and pay to get in like normal?!

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question to you all but guestlists over here are usually only for dj's/friends and "guests" if you know what I mean, people who don't have to pay to get in. are we going to have to get on paying guest lists to make sure we get into the clubs?

Nice one, cheer's in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this!

Graham

alright everyone,

Joined the forum a while ago now trying to find out the crack for clubbing over there. I'm from England and me and a couple of "mates" are coming over in September for a week. Been looking around on the net for which will be the best nights to try out but wonder if any of you can shed any light on the whole "guestlist" thing over there. what's the score with all these emails I've been getting promoting nights since I joined here saying guestlist for here there and everywhere, can you not just turn up at clubs and pay to get in like normal?!

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question to you all but guestlists over here are usually only for dj's/friends and "guests" if you know what I mean, people who don't have to pay to get in. are we going to have to get on paying guest lists to make sure we get into the clubs?

Graham

you dont have to be on a guestlist in order to get into a club...but guestlist usually give you reduced admission...so you can save anywhere between $5-$15 bucks depending on where you are going

thers two types of guestlists in NYC clubs, the list for people with the reduced admissions that end at a certain time and then the guestlist for industry folks that never closes. Also at a lot of places where MUSIC and DANCE is not what the place about. But its about TRENDY FASHION TOP 40 MUSIC and BOTTLES n MODELS and PRANCERS NON DANCERS clubs there guestlist is bullshit. Thats just an excuse for them to tell you your not on the list so you cant come in cause they dont like the way you look, per say. Have fun in nyc though. What type of djs your into and what type of scene and music?

alright everyone,

Graham

or you can get membership cards which are for certain people that clubs always want inside this way theres no problem at the door. I can show you mines hehe.

thers two types of guestlists in NYC clubs, the list for people with the reduced admissions that end at a certain time and then the guestlist for industry folks that never closes. Also at a lot of places where MUSIC and DANCE is not what the place about. But its about TRENDY FASHION TOP 40 MUSIC and BOTTLES n MODELS and PRANCERS NON DANCERS clubs there guestlist is bullshit. Thats just an excuse for them to tell you your not on the list so you cant come in cause they dont like the way you look, per say. Have fun in nyc though. What type of djs your into and what type of scene and music?

Yeah kinda thought that was the idea. Guest lists over here are either proper guesty, where you get in for nothing, you know the dj/promoter or someone who works there etc or the paying guest list, open to any members or people who call up, its the same price as people paying on the door pay but you get in before them if there is a queue.

We're into house full stop, no cheesey hard house shit or trance to be honest. Usually just proper driving bass-driven house. Tech, prog, jackin'. Love it all really from U.S house (thats what we call the funky soulful stuff) to dark as fuck prog. I dj over here in England, mainly deep, jackin' west-coast house. Not really into the shite clubs where everyone just wants to be seen, obviously its a bonus if the girls are cute as fuck but its all about the music for me.

We're only over there for a week but planning on a massive session when we get there,gonna go nuts and make the most of it. Probs stay clear of the stuck up their own ass clubs. We get there on a Wednesday night, heard thats a good night out over there, any suggestions where to go? We are staying on the bowery somewhere, think its in/near Greenwich Village