Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Baseball Trading Deadline

what makes you say he's overrated?

and the Heilman thing has been an ongoing debate for a long time now...Zambrano has been pitching well lately (alot better than what his record shows). I would understand taking Ishi out of the rotation but he's another one who will have a great game here and there.

either way though, Trachsel seems to pitching well in his rehab games so someone might be going which leaves us with a few extra starting pitchers we could possibly use in a trade.

everyone seems to forget that heilman is doing a great job as the long man out of the bullpen. why start him? we have alot of starting pitching. if heilman starts, it weakens the pen.

I never said we should start him...I actually agree with you. He's doing well there and I'm not sure he would be that much more of an improvement over Ishi as a starter.

overall our pitching has been solid, even the bullpen surprisingly. We could use another top reliever but what team couldn't. And once Trachsel comes back he will be a solid # 4 or 5 hopefully. We need offense!!!

I never said we should start him...I actually agree with you. He's doing well there and I'm not sure he would be that much more of an improvement over Ishi as a starter.

overall our pitching has been solid, even the bullpen surprisingly. We could use another top reliever but what team couldn't. And once Trachsel comes back he will be a solid # 4 or 5 hopefully. We need offense!!!

why dont you guys spend 20 mil on Carlos Beltran and not even use his baserunning ability?

oh wait....

why dont you guys spend 20 mil on Carlos Beltran and not even use his baserunning ability?

oh wait

at least we have a bullpen

or how about spending almost as much on a catcher that cant hit anymore?

u should stick to critisizing ur own team. ur team is clinging to first with the wretched yanks breathing down ur neck. 86 more years till u win the WS.

check it out, he may not be able to hit anymore, but he is still among the best hitting catchers in the NL.

at least we have a bullpen

u should stick to critisizing ur own team. ur team is clinging to first with the wretched yanks breathing down ur neck. 86 more years till u win the WS.

check it out, he may not be able to hit anymore, but he is still among the best hitting catchers in the NL.

yeah....we're AHEAD of the Yankees. I'm not gonna get into the whole thing of being in first over a team full of all-stars and future hall-of-famers. just let me ask, where are the Mets?

and we do have a legit bullpen, our closer is the only issue.....(major issue at that once they move schill back to the rotation)

oh wait....

or how about spending almost as much on a catcher that cant hit anymore?

ok, wait...I've never jumped down your throat on any of your post no matter how stupid they may be but I honestly do not get what these mean?

one, Beltran was hurt for the first half of the year in case you weren't aware. I am sure he has the green light to run whenever he wants so I don't think anybody is holding him back from "using his baserunning abilities"

and two, what does Mike Piazza who is the best hitting catcher of all time who is in the last year of his contract (the guy gave us 7 unbelievable years) have to do with anything? should we just dump the guy?

now i see why some people think you're a fucking idiot...we're talking about the trade deadline and you add nothing to the topic at hand.

yeah....we're AHEAD of the Yankees. I'm not gonna get into the whole thing of being in first over a team full of all-stars and future hall-of-famers. just let me ask, where are the Mets?

and we do have a legit bullpen, our closer is the only issue.....(major issue at that once they move schill back to the rotation)

LEGIT ?????

what games are you watching??? outside of timlin (who has more hits than innings pitched anyway) what legitimacy are you talkin about ?

Embree??? oh yeah he was designated for assignment

ok, wait...I've never jumped down your throat on any of your post no matter how stupid they may be but I honestly do not get what these mean?

one, Beltran was hurt for the first half of the year in case you weren't aware. I am sure he has the green light to run whenever he wants so I don't think anybody is holding him back from "using his baserunning abilities"

and two, what does Mike Piazza who is the best hitting catcher of all time who is in the last year of his contract (the guy gave us 7 unbelievable years) have to do with anything? should we just dump the guy?

now i see why some people think you're a fucking idiot...we're talking about the trade deadline and you add nothing to the topic at hand.

go back to stalkin me on myspace you fuckin clown....i was bustin balls and for all the bullshit you throw out there, its amazing how you can dish it out but cant take it. what about all those lame ass references to me sayin how 411 was fuckin up our fantasy league..... you got any more pictures of me you want to throw up on the bump board to get a quick chuckle from your e-pals?

what a winner :rolleyes:

since you cant take criticizm go back to your bump board with ante and bullshit somewhere else......i got no loyalty to the Mets besides that they are anti-yankee and if i want to criticize overspending and underproduction, I will

bottom line is Mets seem to make dumb decisions at the trading deadline every year....if it aint Victor Zambrano for Scott Kazmir then its gonna be something else

we'll see

LEGIT ?????

what games are you watching??? outside of timlin (who has more hits than innings pitched anyway) what legitimacy are you talkin about ?

Embree??? oh yeah he was designated for assignment

how about Timlin, Myers, Bradford, etc.....they arent household names but they arent doing that bad either

go back to stalkin me on myspace you fuckin clown....i was bustin balls and for all the bullshit you throw out there, its amazing how you can dish it out but cant take it. what about all those lame ass references to me sayin how 411 was fuckin up our fantasy league..... you got any more pictures of me you want to throw up on the bump board to get a quick chuckle from your e-pals?

since you cant take criticizm go back to your bump board with ante and bullshit somewhere else......i got no loyalty to the Mets besides that they are anti-yankee and if i want to criticize overspending and underproduction, I will

bottom line is Mets seem to make dumb decisions at the trading deadline every year....if it aint Victor Zambrano for Scott Kazmir then its gonna be something else

we'll see

zambrano for kazmir seems to be working out quite nicely now..

zambrano has been pitching better than kazmir for the last few months.

and why do you keep throwing my name into everything..

zambrano for kazmir seems to be working out quite nicely now..

zambrano has been pitching better than kazmir for the last few months.

and why do you keep throwing my name into everything..

kazmir is a 21 lefty starter and is one of the best pitching prospects in the league...ask spragga if it was a good move or not

kazmir is a 21 lefty starter and is one of the best pitching prospects in the league...ask spragga if it was a good move or not

Jon's right...it's still a shit trade...If we held onto Kazmir, we could've had Mulder, Hudson or Soriano by now.

we'll see

bro, wtf are you talking about...can't take criticizm??? where did you criticize me? how was I suppose to know those two post you made were "busting balls"? If that's the case ok that's fine but I thought we were having a baseball discussion. Guess that joke flew over my head.

Guy's team win's one WS in 86 years and all of a sudden they are God's gift to baseball :laugh:

1986!!!

bro, wtf are you talking about...can't take criticizm??? where did you criticize me? how was I suppose to know those two post you made were "busting balls"? If that's the case ok that's fine but I thought we were having a baseball discussion. Guess that joke flew over my head.

Guy's team win's one WS in 86 years and all of a sudden they are God's gift to baseball :laugh:

1986!!!

2004!!!

I fail to see how bringing up 1986 is supposed to be a shot at me.....want me to continue on you?

wait....oh, oh you got me