Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hamptons Style 2 @ Hula Hanks (CT), Sun 7/31

urbanstylz14o Is the Hula Hanks in New Haven ever going to get DJ from NYC or anywhere else to come in?

Both Hula Hank's (new haven & stamford) probabaly won't plan for it because it's not the type of venue for it. The crowd they attract on a given night is your typical average patron - no need for talent beyond the area. Atmosphere & a good time is what drive's these places - I guess to be different than Mor (stamford) & Alchemy (new haven)

Cleve is a very great friend of mine, this is something we do on the side in Stamford only, more out of fun than anything - he's not having the easiest time right now with things so this is to also help him out on his off nights. I think we're going to do something every month untill the summer crowd slows up if the response is good enough. We'll maybe see you tonight??

warmest,

Jeff G

Of course! Why would anyone in new haven or ct for that matter bring real talent in. As long as 18 yr old college girls can get into the club for free, get drunk and keep all the horny college boys happy why try to be different and make it an actual clubbing experience unlike every other boring club in CT. It's sad that i live 15 mins away from New Haven but would rather drive an hou to the city to go out clubbin. I hope you get raided for not tryin to be different. Best of luck to another boring club opening up in New Haven. I'm sure you guys wont be open long enough to miss ya :bigfinge::bigfinge:

• 2 weeks later...

You can go anywhere this summer and bump into drunk college guys/18 year old girls.....Crobar and Avalon are prime examples of that.

As always, clublife has mostly been about the music and if you are local to Stamford then I suggest you take a trip to Hula Hanks rather than NYC just the once to check it out.

I enjoyed a great set by the resident dj....hopefully he can tell me who did the remix of U2's "where the streets have no name" and where I can get my hands on a copy......

I think they will be there for another 5 years.. we have a whole club that hasn't been opened yet we havent even started working on it.. We now have boris locked into the rotation starting in september, Johny vicious is there tommorow night, Darude is there next weekend (yes he did make a very commercial track sandstorm) but some of the top dance music dj's make music for car commercials how cheezy is that) he is sure to blow it up .

. If there is quality music and a good vibe you shouldn't have to pay attention to what is going on around you.. Alchemy has been over 1,000 people every thursday and friday since probably january and over 700 people every saturday since june.. so I would think there are plenty of people that like to party at our club.. Not to knock hula hanks but stamford is different then new haven.. How did the event go?? I want to bring him in for our lounge on our house night