Clubplanet Nightlife Community

need help finding the right club

a friend of mine who is 34 needs a place to bring a friend of his tonight who is around the same age and into trance. they dont wanna be surrounded by 20 yr olds and feel like the old ppl in the club, so avalon, spirit, and crobar are probably out of the question. but wuts going on at those places tonite anyway? are there any other places with quality trance that might cater to an older crowd?

god, didn't you get the memo??? trance is OVA in NYC!!!!!!!!

Yeah...and thats why all the clubs are packed when trance DJs play, makes sense. Just because the smaller venues dont play Trance doesnt mean its not popular dude.

quo

511 W 28th St

i don't know about strictly trance, but it is a nice palce to go... if you don't like it walk across the street to crobar.

a friend of mine who is 34 needs a place to bring a friend of his tonight who is around the same age and into trance. they dont wanna be surrounded by 20 yr olds and feel like the old ppl in the club, so avalon, spirit, and crobar are probably out of the question. but wuts going on at those places tonite anyway? are there any other places with quality trance that might cater to an older crowd?

What you are looking for is a contradiction. Trance music tends to attract a younger crowd. Also, you will rarely find it anywhere other than a big room or a big outdoor party. So if you want a older crowd, chances are the party won't have Trance and if you insist on Trance then it won't be an older crowd...

they dont wanna be surrounded by 20 yr olds and feel like the old ppl in the club,

I don't think it's possible to feel old in Crobar - everyone goes there! You'd see foursomes of 40-something men hitting on underage club chicks hoping to take them in their Cadillac Eldoradoes to their Essex County split level houses.

You'd have to settle for Progressive House though - no trance in New York indeed.

First off tell your friends to unclench their assholes. 34 is not old. I'm 36 and still lovin ripping it sick at Crobar and I don't see me stopping anytime soon.

Its not house, its trance, its not trance, its techno STOOOOOPPPPPP it, this is what happened when i was into rock and Nirvana, its not rock its grunge, its punk, its alternative, who cares if i like it it does not mater what u call it. All of CP is now trance is dead house sux WHO CAREESS same old boring threads, every one pretending to be an insider, i like trance and techno and electrinica and im not even sure what the hell the difference is. TIesto infected mushroom Picotto frankie knuckles cox there all different and great just like metallica, zep, nirvana they were all great didnt care if it was metal or alternative ILIKE GOOH MUSIC dont care wat u call it, KTU is commercial house it sux i got XM for opie anthong and dance music.

If your friend is 34 yrs. old and is into Trance. Guess what? You're going to be surrounded by at 20 yr. olds or even younger. Buy a Trance CD and just throw a party who are also into it. Otherwise I suggest you just will have to settle for House Music which is the shite anyway. You'll especially find that over in the UK.