Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Am I the only one that still likes freestyle?

Does anyone else still listen to freestlye or am I just the only one. Ya know, tka, george lamond, coro, judy. I know i cant be the only one! cwm41.gif

------------------

~As long as you live and high you fly the smiles you give and tears you cry is all your life will ever be~

~Dream as if you will live forever, live like you will die tomorrow~ ~* Life isn't measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

AOL ~~ XOJust2cute4uXO

hahaha! at least i am not the only one. and what about all the guidos. they are usually all into it.

------------------

~As long as you live and high you fly the smiles you give and tears you cry is all your life will ever be~

~Dream as if you will live forever, live like you will die tomorrow~ ~* Life isn't measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

AOL ~~ XOJust2cute4uXO

na way hun i still like freestyle

best performance i ever saw in a club was racquel

she was off the meter

biggrin.gif

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

the best freestyle concert i went to was party gras last year. It was amazing. I cant wait to go agian this year. I also went to beatstock over the summer. It was good but too long. (10 1/2 hrs) It was not half as good at party gras! cwm20.gifcwm30.gifcwm29.gifcwm12.gif

------------------

AOL ~~ XOJust2cute4uXO

i absolutely love freestyle.. it was the first form of club music i was ever exposed to... now when i hear any song i know all the words and it brings back memories...

------------------

"He who laughs last didnt get it"

"It takes a big man to cry... takes a bigger man to laugh at that man"

"I sound like a chipmunk!!"

Originally posted by vampienyc10:

I do tooo Cynthia, cover girls, Corro, Judy Torres, blah blah blah..

Ahhh I grew up with them back in da Bronx...

Tonasia was my good friend! ahh memeories.

I like taking a classic freestlye track and adding a housy feel so I can play it, otherwise, Its too slow for my tastes now.

------------------

Use email DJmikeDR@aol.com

PM way too slow!

Funny you mention Freestyle. Of course I'm into the "legends" (Judy Torres, TKA, George LaMond, Sa-Fire, Corina, etc...).

One of my bestest friends in the world came from a group which was more mainstream than the rest but definately from that era: Gioia from the group EXPOSE (Come Go With Me, Exposed To Love, Point Of No Return, Let Me Be The One, Season's Change, What You Don't Know, I'll Never Get Over You Getting Over Me, etc...)

Not only have I designed/run her website but I will definately be helping her to promote her new solo career here in NYC. She's currently planning her first solo release for the beginning of 2001. Her first single is probably going to be a song called "Going, Going, Gone!" (right now it's being remixed for the clubs by Thunderpuss 2000)

Please visit her site when you get the chance and check out all the areas--there's even a message board called the "G-Spot".

http://www.gioiabruno.com

Thanks!

------------------

Peace,

Rich Suede

mylight.gif

[This message has been edited by suedenyc (edited 12-08-2000).]

[This message has been edited by suedenyc (edited 12-08-2000).]

Are you kidding??!! Everytime I hear KTU doing their non-stop Freestyle nights . . . I go crazy!! My fiance and I cut the rug in my living with all the old dance steps!

My younger sister and cousin said that's how you know if you're a true children of the 80's!! cwm38.gif

Freestyle in the house!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlueAngel

------------------

“The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence, but you still have to mow it.” - Anonymous angel.gif

Guest chinagirl

what about laissez faire, india, fascination, stevie b, sweet sensation, jaya, joey kid, the cover girls, lil suzy, collage, pajama party, shana, noel, linear - just to name a few! a while ago when me and my ex were still together he knew how much i loved freestyle and he found the box set of 3 cds called freestyle hits, its so good. i love when ktu plays it and im in the car singing and dancing by myself!!! cwm38.gifcwm38.gif

Reminds me of the old days, my friends would pick me up with the radio blastin freestyle.

The dance moves-we rocked the dance floor-had our own choreography.

WOW

Makes me feel old that was so long ago.

I'm with you guys

FREESTYLE IN THE HOUSE cwm27.gif

------------------

The music makes the people come together...

Originally posted by MixMag:

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any weekly parties that play freestyle music at all....?

I would be in heaven if their were. Every saturday night my friend and I put on ktu level 2 to get us pumped before we go out. I heard culture club plays freestyle but i dont know of any other places that do.... anyone know?

------------------

I love freestyle myself....that was like the dance music in the 80's if I recall...my favorite artists were Lisette Melendez, Nyasia, Sweet Sensation, Corina, Cynthia (who I recently saw performing couple of her old songs at OHM, Coro, George Lamond, TKA, ....too many to list.....

I actually went to the freestyle nite at EXIT when KTU was hosting it...it was good, the reunion of TKA was good ...not too many people....but everyone that was there enjoy the performances

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any weekly parties that play freestyle music at all....?