Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Boris classics @ Crobar Review

i didnt know youd be there..

i was standing on the speaker near the main bar for most of the night..

i never seen crobar so crowded before..

that is my usual spot, but it was so crowded we stayed up in VIP most of the night under an A/C vent...which didnt do much

John Paul, you know I love you so I am gonna tell it how it is...

I have no complaints about the track selection, yes, I am 'older' ( 30 to be exact) but I am just as cheesey as the next guy/girl -

Women Beat Their Men

Fly Life

Rain

Nightmare

what pisses me off is that people say that Boris is 'the new JP' nigga puhlease!!! why? cause he caters to the masses? probably so, but I cant stand stand to hear that when the guy doesnt put any effort into mixing, I dont want to make this a whose better JP or Boris thread casue it isnt and it shouldn't be b/c the 2 cant even be compaired. that's my .02 son

Sorry I didnt run into you nor Dennis would had loved to chill with you both, I'm sure you had a blast just as we did ;) See ya soon

as far as the jp comparrision ...there is none...like you said

boris is my boy...but I am not dillusional ...noone can work a track liek jp ......

and i tell boris all the time he needs to work um more..and I have noticed him doing just that in recent sets......

but take it form someone who has to hear him at every gig....he works hard at it ....maybe not at each track ...but I can say that hearign him every weekend sometimes up to 3 times...and his set is always different and always keeps the crowd going and going..

that also is a huge part to it IMO.......having that party and fantastic vibe..means a hell of a lot

either way ...he is doing somethign right......and 5300 people will prob agree...

hi cynstam - maybe i see ya the 20th....

or boris @ neptunes then 21 water this saturday .....

yea i was in VIP a lot too..i was wearing a green tshirt..you should gave grabbed me

unless you were wearing your bright yellow sweatpants, I wouldnt have known you from the next next guy

you should have grabbed me - I had on a black CBGB tank and was doin the headshaler dance with a guy with a white striped collared shirt

did someone say "BABY WANTS TO RIDE" the JAIMI PRINCIPLE and FRANKIE KNUCKLES track from 1984? If boris played that then i would be shocked and amazed. And the classic thingy for me is not just anything thats like 10 yrs or older, yes 10 yrs and more is a good way to start, but what really makes it a classics is that you can play it week after week for a few and it still sounds new and not from a certain era.

i heard from a friend at work today that he got on the mic and announced to the crowd that drinks were on him... and everybody went to the bar and got a shot or a drink or something... i heard the vibe in there was sick too... maybe ill give him another shot and check his next party...

i heard from a friend at work today that he got on the mic and announced to the crowd that drinks were on him... and everybody went to the bar and got a shot or a drink or something... i heard the vibe in there was sick too... maybe ill give him another shot and check his next party...

yeah since he broke his old record of liek 4500 or something.....(they did 5300) people ...

he got on mic (first time i ever heard him do that ) and thanked everyone and bought everyone a drink

tooo bad it was @ 11 am ...and bar did nto open for another hour. lol :bounce: ..but once it did ....drinks were flowing..

def a cool gesture on his part and crobar ...

it was hot as hell in that place.....

yeah since he broke his old record of liek 4500 or something.....(they did 5300) people ...

he got on mic (first time i ever heard him do that ) and thanked everyone and bought everyone a drink

tooo bad it was @ 11 am ...and bar did nto open for another hour. lol :bounce: ..but once it did ....drinks were flowing..

def a cool gesture on his part and crobar ...

it was hot as hell in that place.....

I missed that by a few hours. I left around 9am. Great vibe, just the heat was killing me!

I missed that by a few hours. I left around 9am. Great vibe, just the heat was killing me!

yeah they said it was just overloaded...

Crobar never usualyl has a problem ....but on packed nights liek that ..it is inevitable

morillo and dt night it was also that hot..

prob going to de sick numbers this week for DT .....prob have him on stage and shit also

going to be sick ...

last time they had to shut the doors cause of that fight or some shit ..

this time will prob be just as crazy ...hopefully minus the meatheads ruining the night

Hey pussbag, call Louie. Jonpaul, vinnie, louie, jonpaul, jeanpaul and louie are all looking for ya. Answer your cellphone you crackhead bitch. :phone: