Clubplanet Nightlife Community

birthday at a lounge....

Hello everyone...wondering if someone can give me suggestions on where I can celebrate gettin another year older! lol I'm looking for a nice, trendy lounge that plays HOUSE music either in NY or NJ. NO HIP HOP PLEASE! It'll be the first weekend in September....trying to plan ahead of time! Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone...wondering if someone can give me suggestions on where I can celebrate gettin another year older! lol I'm looking for a nice, trendy lounge that plays HOUSE music either in NY or NJ. NO HIP HOP PLEASE! It'll be the first weekend in September....trying to plan ahead of time! Thanks in advance!

Hmmm no Hip Hop? the top lounges in the city are mostly hip hop... but I would say look into Cielo they can have very good line ups at times

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions...I was really looking to doing it on a Saturday (I should've been more specific) . I guess if I can't find a lounge, then I'll go with a club, I just dont want somethng too big.... I just really want house music because my bf and most of my friends are dj's and everyone is into house mostly. But I'll look into these places that you guys suggested...

Cellar Bar Fridays...

gorgeous lounge

very classy

no cover

international dj talent spinning every week

beautiful crowd

ask around...if ya want ;)

first 2 weeks in September are DJ Dove September 2nd

and The Scumfrog on September 9th...

let me know if u are interested...

chris liebing is great, but he is most definitely NOT a house dj! (and he's from germany) -- no need to mislead someone just for askin a question, damn!

I would suggest leopard lounge if you really want a LOUNGE.

you can call them at 212-253-2222 and ask to speak to Matty (and tell him you want house!)

Sullivan Room is also great for house music, as long as 200-250 people isn't too many for ya