Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Junior And the old Sound Factory...

But did you Take SF in consideration when you named the top 3 best clubs??

How about palladium, Tunnel, limelight and te rebirth of the old sf space..twilo? These clubs when at there peaks were amazing. I am sure places like the Paradise Garage were good for there times but i would defiantly put these other clubs right up there with it....and i am sure they will find there place in history just like the Garage did.

How about palladium, Tunnel, limelight and te rebirth of the old sf space..twilo? These clubs when at there peaks were amazing. I am sure places like the Paradise Garage were good for there times but i would defiantly put these other clubs right up there with it.

I agree with you, when it comes down of all the clubs you named Twilo without a doubt was the best, I mean that place rocked!!! The DJ Line ups was Killer, The best Sound System in the world, And once again JV was on top of it all, I can really say that cause I’ve been to all those clubs. I know we are going to hear some shit from our European friends that there clubs were just as good, But there DJ's Bragged about Twilo themselves.

It's a little hard to name the "best clubs", maybe silverbull meant the early clubs that defined dance music, maybe it would have been more accurate (although missing the Loft).

Another example...... The Loft....the stories i hear from that place R just amazing also

I didnt include the loft cause it wasnt really a club. And yes i agree that a better title wouldve been 3 OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL CLUBS , or 4 while throwing in soundfactory 27th street. But then it all goes back to the loft n to the sanctuary.

In My opinion Paradise Garage with Larry was the most influential club ever. :bowdown:

In My opinion Paradise Garage with Larry was the most influential club ever. :bowdown:

it most def was and theres no denying that.Where do you think Junior would go on a Sat night to hear spin.Larry Levan @ PG.i am also aware that Junior did a prefect job @ taking over where Larry left off.Just like Larry, Junior is founder of alot of Dj techniques used today and there is no denying that,(however much you would like).and just like the PG era the Original SF era (which i was able to survive lol) had the aura the people the vibe it was all just prefect couldn't be any better.and trust me being 18 and from upstate Ny and being this little whiteboy it was not easy back than to get accepted.it took awhile,things were a little shaky i 1st but it was all worth it in the end.On an ending note,i cant even tell you how many of todays Djs i have seen @ a Junior Party atleast once,than i here that dj spin his set and i can tell how they incorperate some of Juniors sound with there own style.Ok u can all have your way with me now lol.

it most def was and theres no denying that.Where do you think Junior would go on a Sat night to hear spin.Larry Levan @ PG.i am also aware that Junior did a prefect job @ taking over where Larry left off.Just like Larry, Junior is founder of alot of Dj techniques used today and there is no denying that,(however much you would like).and just like the PG era the Original SF era (which i was able to survive lol) had the aura the people the vibe it was all just prefect couldn't be any better.and trust me being 18 and from upstate Ny and being this little whiteboy it was not easy back than to get accepted.it took awhile,things were a little shaky i 1st but it was all worth it in the end.On an ending note,i cant even tell you how many of todays Djs i have seen @ a Junior Party atleast once,than i here that dj spin his set and i can tell how they incorperate some of Juniors sound with there own style.Ok u can all have your way with me now lol.

I Know for a fact That JP was there allot (Old SF)...and most of the times Fucked up on Pills...Shit he's one DJ that tryed to copy JV style of playing..this @ the time he (JP) Played @ Cafe Iguana

there is no denying the importance of larry & the garage, its the archetypal underground house/dance venue that still resonates with like 2 or 3 generations of clubbers, not just in nyc but also all usa & even europe.

but before the garage was studio 54 & i think youll find its a very historic club socially like the garage was, and also musically BEFORE the garage. studio is more famous globally & in the history of nyc, clubbing & nightlife in general, studio remains perhaps THE symbiolic disco/club in the history of nyc & usa clubbing. it was influenced by european clubs of the 70s which shld not be ignored.

as far as junior, yes SF is prob his most legendary residence. but i became aware of junior at the palladium, circa mid-80s. the young people here may not know about the 80s heyday of Palladium but it was major, man. and even into the mid 90s palladium was hosting some massive dance nights, like the orb, rabbit in the moon, banco de gaia & many more.

at that time tunnel & limelight were awesome debauched events but do u remember showing up at palladium in 95 & how debauched that was? that big lobby at palladium. with the guestlists & the bathrooms?

as far as the glam scene like studio 54, the 1985 palladium was a classy joint. the 80s might have been the heyday of big rooms in nyc with studio, limelight, palldium & tunnel.

fast forward to the late 90s, juniors saturday nights at twilo were major, made booking the euro progressive djs from 11-6 am & then junior taking us on his trips from 6 am on....

exit didnt hv the same feel for junior.

still waiting for junior to establish another nyc residency like his sf or twilo glories. waiting....

there is no denying the importance of larry & the garage, its the archetypal underground house/dance venue that still resonates with like 2 or 3 generations of clubbers, not just in nyc but also all usa & even europe.

but before the garage was studio 54 & i think youll find its a very historic club socially like the garage was, and also musically BEFORE the garage. studio is more famous globally & in the history of nyc, clubbing & nightlife in general, studio remains perhaps THE symbiolic disco/club in the history of nyc & usa clubbing. it was influenced by european clubs of the 70s which shld not be ignored.

as far as junior, yes SF is prob his most legendary residence. but i became aware of junior at the palladium, circa mid-80s. the young people here may not know about the 80s heyday of Palladium but it was major, man. and even into the mid 90s palladium was hosting some massive dance nights, like the orb, rabbit in the moon, banco de gaia & many more.

at that time tunnel & limelight were awesome debauched events but do u remember showing up at palladium in 95 & how debauched that was? that big lobby at palladium. with the guestlists & the bathrooms?

as far as the glam scene like studio 54, the 1985 palladium was a classy joint. the 80s might have been the heyday of big rooms in nyc with studio, limelight, palldium & tunnel.

fast forward to the late 90s, juniors saturday nights at twilo were major, made booking the euro progressive djs from 11-6 am & then junior taking us on his trips from 6 am on....

exit didnt hv the same feel for junior.

still waiting for junior to establish another nyc residency like his sf or twilo glories. waiting....

Studio 54 without a doubt was the most FAMOUS of all clubs , S 54 was the first with door policy where the owner (Steve Rubeli and Ian Scharger) himself would pick people to come in , after his quick time in jail Rubell went ahead and opend Palladium...but never had the same glory.....shit i had some of my best times @ Palladium ,my first pill was droped there...anyway, the last six months @ the Palladium was realy sad...Casanova playing Hi-hop and House through out the nigt was horrable...But Juniors Marathon weekend party was the best and it was the last party @ that club

studio 54 was the most famous but it wasnt a musical haven. Most people dont een know the dj was named RICHARD KAZOR (i hope i spelled it correctly) it was all about the flash and celebrities adn stuff. WHILE the LOFT, GALLERY, PARADISE GARAGE was musically driven. And everybody knew the djs name. Some moron even once said "wow i have seen the club of the future everybody with everybody all races and genders" in 1979, guess he missed the memo of the LOFT and SANCUTUARY, and FLAMINGO and PARADISE GARAGE doing it b4 studio.

And studios owners steve and ian first club was over in queens called the enchanted garden and loved the gallery and the garage. Nicky siano has some funny stories bout steves sexuality at that time.

studio 54 was the most famous but it wasnt a musical haven. Most people dont een know the dj was named RICHARD KAZOR (i hope i spelled it correctly) it was all about the flash and celebrities adn stuff. WHILE the LOFT, GALLERY, PARADISE GARAGE was musically driven. And everybody knew the djs name. Some moron even once said "wow i have seen the club of the future everybody with everybody all races and genders" in 1979, guess he missed the memo of the LOFT and SANCUTUARY, and FLAMINGO and PARADISE GARAGE doing it b4 studio.

And studios owners steve and ian first club was over in queens called the enchanted garden and loved the gallery and the garage. Nicky siano has some funny stories bout steves sexuality at that time.

Me and JV

i agree with you 100%

I Know for a fact That JP was there allot (Old SF)...and most of the times Fucked up on Pills...Shit he's one DJ that tryed to copy JV style of playing..this @ the time he (JP) Played @ Cafe Iguana

I love how you go and try and turn this into a bash JP thread, mean while everyone knows that JP at Factory was 100 x better than JV at the old Factory.

Love the pictures with you and grandpa you moron :laugh:

I love how you go and try and turn this into a bash JP thread, mean while everyone knows that JP at Factory was 100 x better than JV at the old Factory.

Poor Thing, I think you need a HUG!!!!! :itsok:

Bro,i'm just telling you a Fact..i saw JP there many times (27th street SF)

And yes he is a copycat in the art of DJing... He was Schooled by JV.

This is not a bash, i Have allot of respect for JP and what he did @ the new SF....i was there @ JP's new Year's 97/98 ...and last night @ the Factory...

And for the last time i'll say this, JP will never live upto JV's standards of music,fame and most importante DJ!!!

JP (RIP)

I Swear i wasen't gonna say shit about him, but somtimes i just can't help it. :biggun:

That was @ his Birthday last year in front of his House.

This is My girl and JV

ahhh the ice age party @ Roxy that was an awesome time!!!and mr noname u can just go hump a tree for all i care cuz u havn't a fuckin clue what your talking about NOW THATS FUNNY POSER....don't play with this gay.there was one freakin post about JP and its fuckin true soo get over it!! :half:

ahhh the ice age party @ Roxy that was an awesome time!!!and mr noname u can just go hump a tree for all i care cuz u havn't a fuckin clue what your talking about NOW THATS FUNNY POSER....don't play with this gay.there was one freakin post about JP and its fuckin true soo get over it!! :half:
:

:bounce:

Poor Thing, I think you need a HUG!!!!!

Bro,i'm just telling you a Fact..i saw JP there many times (27th street SF)

And yes he is a copycat in the art of DJing... He was Schooled by JV.

This is not a bash, i Have allot of respect for JP and what he did @ the new SF....i was there @ JP's new Year's 97/98 ...and last night @ the Factory...

And for the last time i'll say this, JP will never live upto JV's standards of music,fame and most importante DJ!!!

JP (RIP)

I Swear i wasen't gonna say shit about him, but somtimes i just can't help it.

Last edited by WarpdriveNYC : Today at 09:34 PM.