Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Miami Dj Music Awards ! ! !

djbruno

Now that we're all done laughing our asses off, here are the SERIOUS nominations (in no particular order):

Most technical dj (house/tech/techno):

Stryke

Sebastian

Jason Wiggill

Jimmy T.

Best dj in Miami (trance/house/prog/tech/techno):

Sebastian

Stryke

Obby

Joey Andron

Jimmy T.

Seth Shore

Mirza

Alan Stenback

James Stratus

Sheldon Prince

Marc Vane

Vaughan Lazar

Jazzy Eyewear (dj Mood)

Domingo Castillo

B-side

Lyrik

DHM

Reza

Richard Vasquez

Marcello Bentine

John Corradi

Edgar V.

Grooveeric

Sean Bauzay

Dj FX

Francesco Cianci

:D

:rock::rock:

Well, as you see, I'm on this list to spin. How the nomonies were chosen is mind boggling to me too. All I can say is that I'm going to spin from 2-3pm and I will have a great time doing it! This will be the only house/BREAKS :-) party this weekend (thanks hip hoppers) so, whatever.

It's funny to me that everyone bashes a party (I know it's an awards ceremony...kind of cheezzzy) that contains house music ALL DAY LONG on the beach in Miami! Do you know how many people wish that they were us? We can all preach about how "We LOVE our underground and that's were it should stay"... but then we bitch and moan that it never get's the recognition/exposure (example:radio) that it's deserves! We also like to bitch about how "Miami is all politics". Do you think that Miami is the only place in the world that contains club politics? Or that club promoters are only out for themselves and their really close DJ friends? This shit takes place everywhere!

I know that everyone's views might be different than mine but, All that I can say is that, I love all forms of house music and I love DJing!

Life is way to short to feed into negative energy and let that ruin a good time! :)

...Do you think that Miami is the only place in the world that contains club politics? Or that club promoters are only out for themselves and their really close DJ friends?

Nowhere else on earth is this selfish attitude and pointless competition as extreme as it is in Miami.

Chicago, New York, San Francisco, San Diego, London, Athens and so many other places have a more "community oriented scene" than Miami. Sad but true. Maybe one day, in Miami, when they will all realize that supply is more than ten times the demand, things might change and people might start working together instead of stealing each other's thunder by trying to one-up their "competition" every weekend. :(

Nowhere else on earth is this selfish attitude and pointless competition as extreme as it is in Miami.

Chicago, New York, San Francisco, San Diego, London, Athens and so many other places have a more "community oriented scene" than Miami. Sad but true. Maybe one day, in Miami, when they will all realize that supply is more than ten times the demand, things might change and people might start working together instead of stealing each other's thunder by trying to one-up their "competition" every weekend. :(

I really hope so! I think that it might be the tropical weather that gets to everyone's head. :) When I was in London I felt so much at home! the people were soooooo cool! everywhere we went their was good music, people chillin out in large and small groups just enjoying themselves. Maybe it's the urban lifestyle that they live that gives them a sense of unity. Who knows.

I really hope so! I think that it might be the tropical weather that gets to everyone's head. :)

No. It's the stupidity that's getting to a certain few people's heads.

When I was in London I felt so much at home! the people were soooooo cool! everywhere we went their was good music, people chillin out in large and small groups just enjoying themselves. Maybe it's the urban lifestyle that they live that gives them a sense of unity.

Miami's nightlife community will NEVER obtain half a brain that can comprehend that concept. :mad: