Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone have an opinion- TAO?

Tao is an upscale Asian/Fusian restaurant on 58th Street...I've never gone there just for drinks althought the bar is always crowded with good looking people but I always just assumed they were waiting to be seated for eat. Couldn't tell you about what type of music. Food was great...I love it there.

Are we talking about the same place even?

yeh- i think we are all talking about the same place. I know its Asian influence and beautiful inside. Is it a large venue? It has a lounge, restaurant, and nightclub????

def not a nightclub...has a bar to hangout it while waiting to get seated like I said earlier. i guess some people might go there just for drinks although I suggest having dinner as well.

usually need to make reservations in advance

I was there when it first opened - for the bar, not the restaurant. the decor was amazing, with the giant statue and rice paper caligraphy on the high ceiling. the music was progressive hip-hop, not bad for the atmosphere. the vibe was ok - too many people who thought they were trendy, and way too many suits for my taste. i don't know if it changed after it was on "sex in the city".