Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mykonos: What's with that place???!!!

Can anybody explain to me what's so special about Mykonos?

Everyone I know seems to want to go there, because supposedly the club scene there is really good. In fact, lately every time I suggest that we go to Ibiza, I get: "Neh, Ibiza sux, let's go to Mykonos!"

But people who actually went there come back with pictures of the beach and a little Greek town, tell me how blue the water in the Mediterrainean was and shit like that.

So what the fuck is up with that place???

Can anybody explain to me what's so special about Mykonos?

Everyone I know seems to want to go there, because supposedly the club scene there is really good. In fact, lately every time I suggest that we go to Ibiza, I get: "Neh, Ibiza sux, let's go to Mykonos!"

But people who actually went there come back with pictures of the beach and a little Greek town, tell me how blue the water in the Mediterrainean was and shit like that.

So what the fuck is up with that place???

i plan on going next year..

heard from lots of people ....IBIZA is overated... hotels are crappy but of course the clubs are thebest in the world....... still plan on going there just to say i did it..

but I hear mykonos is beautiful as well as having a great nightlife....

heard from lots of people ....IBIZA is overated......

So not true. I recommend that you start talking to people who have better taste. I've been to Ibiza 5 times. The most recent was last month, the place is great. There is more to do than just get messed up and go clubbing. There are so many great beaches, you just have to know which ones to go to.

heard from lots of people ....IBIZA is overated... hotels are crappy but of course the clubs are thebest in the world....... still plan on going there just to say i did it..

but I hear mykonos is beautiful as well as having a great nightlife....

we should book VINNY in MYKONOS

imagine the SICK flyers we could make

My ex boyfriend is second generation from Mykonos. He rants and raves about it all the time, and the pics he used to show me were out of this world. He'd go on and on about the scene and how many tracks/dj's were around that hadn't even made it to the US yet. Whenever a track would come on years later that he first heard there he'd brag all over how great it was.

I'm kicking myself now for not going a few summer's with him. His father offered to pay for my plane ticket and everything...:doh:

Whoever told you Ibiza was overrated either has their head up their ass, or doesn't know the island very well. Like someone just said, there is lots to do on the island. You don't have to go clubbing every day. Do some homework before you go to get the most out of it. A lot of people don't get as much out of it as they can because all they do is party, never sleep and by the end of the trip need two weeks to recover. If you pace yourself and explore other aspects of the island you will have a GREAT time.

Mykonos is great; it's more of a gay scene though.

Whoever told you Ibiza was overrated either has their head up their ass, or doesn't know the island very well. Like someone just said, there is lots to do on the island. You don't have to go clubbing every day. Do some homework before you go to get the most out of it. A lot of people don't get as much out of it as they can because all they do is party, never sleep and by the end of the trip need two weeks to recover. If you pace yourself and explore other aspects of the island you will have a GREAT time.

I've heard that too, although there is a large gay scene in Ibiza too.

mykonos is amazing. Been a bunch of times.

The DJs and EDM scene there are mind blowing.

Whatever goes on in mykonos..music wise..scene wise...comes here years later.

This is a pic from 3 years ago, my freind knew skoof so we went down to check him out. This was at 2pm on the beach. You can imagine how kick ass the nightlife is.

So not true. I recommend that you start talking to people who have better taste. I've been to Ibiza 5 times. The most recent was last month, the place is great. There is more to do than just get messed up and go clubbing. There are so many great beaches, you just have to know which ones to go to.

well this is from people who spun there

they said all is good for clubs and shit

but the hotels we crap ..and that to me is a big turn off...I need a nice hotel esp for the money i hear you have to spend..

but i plan on going anyway

give me some good hotel ideas if you have been there.....

sounds good...i def dont like to take other word for it anyway ...got to experience it for yourself..

but the hotel thing was my biggest concern ...

well this si from people who spun there

they said all is good for clubs and shit

but the hotels we crap ..and that to me is a big turn off...I need a nice hotel esp for the money i hear you have to spend..

but i plan on going anyway

give me some good hotel ideas if you have been there.....

Ocean Drive, El Corso, El Puerto Apartments are the ones I've stayed at.

El Hotel is supposed to be really nice too, never stayed there but it looks nice.

Mykonos is a really beautiful island with a great vibe and a really good party scene. It's not Ibiza, nor is it trying to be. It has its own personality and is pretty unique. It's not about the huge warehouse clubs with thousands of drugged-out clubbers. It's about smaller more intimate spaces with awesome music and great vibes in idyllic locations. The best club Cavo Paradiso is one of the best clubs in the world in my opinion. It brings top DJ talent and you get to dance while you watch the sunrise in the Aegean sea.

The beaches are beautiful, the people friendly, the food great (if you know where to go), and there is definitely a anything goes vibe.

Ocean Drive, El Corso, El Puerto Apartments are the ones I've stayed at.

El Hotel is supposed to be really nice too, never stayed there but it looks nice.

Those are all good reccommendations. As for El Hotel, it is one of the nicest hotels on the island but also the priciest. It's owned by Pacha and is right across the street from the nightclub.

If you are going to stay in a hotel, I'd generally advise you to stay away from the San Antonio/Talamanca area. That's the British ghetto of Ibiza. Brits tend to be the loudest and drunkest band of Europeans on the island. Ibiza town has more of a mixed European feel, and a better vibe imo.

If you are going with a large group of people, I HIGHLY recommend looking into renting a villa. Just do some searches online and you can find listings for villas. Villas in Ibiza are basically full sized homes that people rent out as holiday homes. Some will come with a pool, spa/hot tub and other amenities you won't find in a hotel. They usually have multiple bedrooms so in a typical villa you can have anywhere from 4-10 people, maybe more. If you're dividing the cost between several people, it can actually come out cheaper than a hotel.

i stayed in the los molinos in ibiza...nice hotel witha nice big pool in the back...it wwas in the figurettas...(sp) rooms were nice with a balcony over looking the ocean..its not a parrty hotel which is good casue if you just want to chill and relax during the day by the pool and excape the madness for a while you can do just that. i cant remember how much we paid...it was 3 years ago.

its also about a 10-15 min walk from ibiza town where everyone goes before hitting the clubs...this is where everyone pregames and buys tickets to the clubs...place is a mobscene...

Those are all good reccommendations. As for El Hotel, it is one of the nicest hotels on the island but also the priciest. It's owned by Pacha and is right across the street from the nightclub.

If you are going to stay in a hotel, I'd generally advise you to stay away from the San Antonio/Talamanca area. That's the British ghetto of Ibiza. Brits tend to be the loudest and drunkest band of Europeans on the island. Ibiza town has more of a mixed European feel, and a better vibe imo.

San Antonio is where all the Brits hang out, get loud and drunk. Talamanca is not like that at all. Talamanca is a very quiet area.