Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone going to Alegria at Crobar 09:04:05

Is that supposed to be a gay event? All we need is for Crobar to turn gay on a prime weekend night! :mad:

That was a rather uneducated comment not to say something else.

Whether you like it or not, Ric Sena (Alegria) has been having events on prime weekend sundays at Crobar ever since SF closed. Yes it's mostly gay and yes it's consistently packed. Why not go, i guarantee you'll have a blast.

Why not go, i guarantee you'll have a blast.

I wouldn't go because, based on my experience with gay events a couple of times, gay parties are purely for hooking up with other gays, not for the music. And, really - I hate to reject all these nice and sweet men simply because I happen to love women!

Oh, and the music sucked too.

Last but not least - I hated getting turned down at the door @ Roxy because I had a date with me. That was fucking embarrassing! And, more often than not, I have a date with me when I go dancing.

What's with all the male body on their website? Especially the dude showing his underwear on the "Calendar" section? Is that supposed to be a gay event? All we need is for Crobar to turn gay on a prime weekend night! :mad:

Alegria's been at Crobar on holiday weekends for the last year+! What's the surprise about? Don't care much about the party but nothing new there.

gay parties are purely for hooking up with other gays, not for the music.

i see where you're coming from but i'd say it's a mostly biased, stereotypical and exaggerated point of view, and besides it depends on the party and the place (roxy saturdays is definitely a bad example). Most gay parties are not for hooking up, if some people wish to do so it's really an individual choice. It depends who you are and what you make of it. I'd say most people will be there for the fun, the vibe, the music, hanging out with friends.

I wouldn't go because, based on my experience with gay events a couple of times, gay parties are purely for hooking up with other gays, not for the music. And, really - I hate to reject all these nice and sweet men simply because I happen to love women!

Oh, and the music sucked too.

Last but not least - I hated getting turned down at the door @ Roxy because I had a date with me. That was fucking embarrassing! And, more often than not, I have a date with me when I go dancing.

i wouldnt say that.. junior parties arent like that.. and even though calderones crowd has gotten a lot straighter his parties werent like that either.. but i guess those parties are more mixed but still.. we're not all big whores